Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 01-26-2016, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enewman View Post
Where can I order one at
I belive they are available in saskatchatoon!
Old 01-26-2016, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayM77 View Post
Breaking news.....APA just released there 2020 line up, they look just like this.

Rumour has it there will be a new paint color as well.
Ha ha ha...funny fan boy. ..lol
Old 01-26-2016, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Breaking news.....APA just released there 2020 line up, they look just like this.

Rumour has it there will be a new paint color as well.
Too funny.

When are they going to get rid of the handle and head scratcher.
Old 01-26-2016, 06:23 PM

APA has not had a real innovation in 10 years. The last thing new on there bows was the fang riser.

In all fairness the APA bows are good and my brother shoots one but for me there are better bows in the market. For me I think my Prime is awesome. My Hunting partners shoot Hoyt, bow tech and PsE and all love their bows.

Neil calling other guys fanboys is the funniest thing ever. I think you probably have a APA tramp stamp but I ain't looking to find out. I think Lefty volunteered for that. Lol
Old 01-26-2016, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond k View Post
APA has not had a real innovation in 10 years. The last thing new on there bows was the fang riser.

In all fairness the APA bows are good and my brother shoots one but for me there are better bows in the market. For me I think my Prime is awesome. My Hunting partners shoot Hoyt, bow tech and PsE and all love their bows.

Neil calling other guys fanboys is the funniest thing ever. I think you probably have a APA tramp stamp but I ain't looking to find out. I think Lefty volunteered for that. Lol
LOL....I almost spit out my cauliflower casserole, cause if you can afford cauliflower you can afford APA!

LC
Old 01-26-2016, 07:03 PM

What's the warranty like on the knife sharpener? I like to keep my machete sharp!
Old 01-26-2016, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBFK View Post
What's the warranty like on the knife sharpener? I like to keep my machete sharp!
tooting Brudda...I sharpen my garden shears with it...
Old 01-26-2016, 07:19 PM
Banned

Lol haters gonna hate
Old 01-27-2016, 07:57 AM

Quote:

To be fair in the last ten years they developed some of the fastest bows on the planet, the flawless cable roller guard, [unlike some with top brands with constant issues]...Twin flex limbs...Soft touch Camo/paints...Canadian Maple leaf broadhead wrench [for those proud enough to be Canadian instead of USA Kool Aid drinkers...Lightest bows on the market...before mathews HeliM designed after the Nano...AIR @ 27.5 that shoots better than any bow on the market under 30" IMHO...list goes on...Instead of a new design model every year many have improved quaility and specs making great awesome...

On the stamp....I got nothin!...lol
Neil
Old 01-27-2016, 08:17 AM

Anyone shooting the new M32? Just looking for a review. Thinking of getting one.
Old 01-27-2016, 09:04 AM

For the OP, late last summer I parted with my moldy old Mathews LX and bought a Viper Air. Didn't really need to but thought what the heck. Chose it based on what I read here and there. I wanted a short ATA bow as 90% of my hunting is done from a tree stand hunting whitetails. So I wanted short and light, and that bow fit the bill right there. Can I say I'm totally happy with it.....No. Have I given it enough time to get all the bugs out.....No. But that doesn't worry me, because eventually I will get it shooting the way I want it. It is very light and I love the feel of it, and that is my main concern. It came with the APA rest and sights, and I believe the rest is giving me a little grief, so I will be putting the good ole tried and true WB on it and see if that smartins things up.

It sure packs in and out of the stand in the dark effortlessly, but didn't kill anything, so maybe APA isn't all that great. A Mathews might of!
Old 01-27-2016, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.O.S.T.Arrow View Post
To be fair in the last ten years they developed some of the fastest bows on the planet, the flawless cable roller guard, [unlike some with top brands with constant issues]...Twin flex limbs...Soft touch Camo/paints...Canadian Maple leaf broadhead wrench [for those proud enough to be Canadian instead of USA Kool Aid drinkers...Lightest bows on the market...before mathews HeliM designed after the Nano...AIR @ 27.5 that shoots better than any bow on the market under 30" IMHO...list goes on...Instead of a new design model every year many have improved quaility and specs making great awesome...

On the stamp....I got nothin!...lol
Neil
Mathews must have had a crystal ball when they made the helim in 2012 to copy the nano air that was released in 2014.
By they way I think apa makes a nice bow, along with many other brands.
Old 01-27-2016, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Mathews must have had a crystal ball when they made the helim in 2012 to copy the nano air that was released in 2014.
By they way I think apa makes a nice bow, along with many other brands.
Ummm no such bow as Nano Air...its a Viper AIR the Nano has had versions way before the HeliM with almost same specs....Nano was Pre HelIM...The 2011 Nano Version is almost identical specs to 2012 HeliM

Neil
Old 01-27-2016, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound Dog View Post
Anyone shooting the new M32? Just looking for a review. Thinking of getting one.
We have shot it ...it is smooth and smokin at an rated IBO/ATA — up to 358 fps [yes Lefty we now know APA draws long]
The M32 has discontinued the M6 and M7...due to the M32 being 6 5/8 BH...only 3/8" shorter BH than M7 and 5/8" longer BH than M6 but faster...huge advantage..

But very fast and smooth...nice balance..is going to make a great all around bow...outstanding hunter/3D bow and with a 32" ATA there will be target shooters also...

Try one out and weed out opinions lol
Neil
Old 01-27-2016, 09:05 PM

Thanks for the great info everyone! Good to hear from the people in the know. No matter what fan boy club try are part of .

I'll check out the recommends this weekend.

Thanks again
Old 01-27-2016, 10:07 PM

If you get a chance try a prime Ion. You will be pleasantly surprised.
Old 01-28-2016, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laker View Post
For the OP, late last summer I parted with my moldy old Mathews LX and bought a Viper Air. Didn't really need to but thought what the heck. Chose it based on what I read here and there. I wanted a short ATA bow as 90% of my hunting is done from a tree stand hunting whitetails. So I wanted short and light, and that bow fit the bill right there. Can I say I'm totally happy with it.....No. Have I given it enough time to get all the bugs out.....No. But that doesn't worry me, because eventually I will get it shooting the way I want it. It is very light and I love the feel of it, and that is my main concern. It came with the APA rest and sights, and I believe the rest is giving me a little grief, so I will be putting the good ole tried and true WB on it and see if that smartins things up.

It sure packs in and out of the stand in the dark effortlessly, but didn't kill anything, so maybe APA isn't all that great. A Mathews might of!
Next time your by bring it in will set it up so it drive tacks....

Neil
Old 01-28-2016, 10:01 PM

Wow apa costs more? Vibrates more? Copies other bows ?
I havnt been on here for awhile an it looks like afew guys must be smoking lefty cigarettes.
Cost in material does effect price but when all the other bows have gone up why wouldn't they increase the price as well. Anyone here tell their boss " just keep my wage 25% lower than the rest of the workers cause I'm not spending as much"?
Vibration? Sorry I don't think that was an apa you were hanging on. Lol
As for copying other bows. What other bow has a fang for hanging on limbs? I use this lots.
Broadhead wrench, that maple leaf isn't quite as good as the old style but is still handy.
Knife sharper? Suddenly makes all the other shooters want to sharpen their knives. Personally I've never used the sharpener.
Lefty seems to be knockin the price but, I know he has been to see the apa's being made. Have you ever seen your bowtechs being made?
I've met the guy that owns apa and have seen him at a few shops in Alberta. What other bow company owner comes to the archery shops around here?
I've shot just about everything but Hoyt and without a doubt I've killed more big game with a apa than all the rest combined.
Old 01-28-2016, 10:24 PM

APA is a good company and Nibal and his crew are top notch. I like giving Neil a hard time

LC
Old 01-28-2016, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
APA is a good company and Nibal and his crew are top notch. I like giving Neil a hard time

LC
You aren't getting off that easy
Old 01-28-2016, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWCalgary View Post
Hey there! Looking forward opinions on the Viper Air from anyone that has one or tried one.

28.5 draw, 60#. Will be used for deer...eventually
I have not shot the Viper but I've shot a couple of Mamba's for awhile. They are good, durable bows. A few years back the paint chipped off a little too easy but they have fixed this.

I did have a few limbs splinter a bit after I'd shot about 10000+ arrows through them. They replaced the limbs free of charge. If if had to guess I've shot about 3-4 times as many through both bows since then. It might have been a flaw or I could have whacked it on something. At any rate I've had to replace limbs on Hoyts, Dartons and Brownings so it is no shocker.

I've shot 17 bows from 5 different manufacturers. They all have their good and bad points. I'm shooting a Bowtech Boss as well right now and honestly its tough to say I have a favorite, it just feels a little different. Might point and hold a little better. The APA is faster with the same arrows.

The riser is functional. The handle helps add support to the riser as well as providing a more comfortable grip and carrying it out hunting. The fang? Don't knock it until you've hung your bow on a limb to use your call, check your gps or dig something out of your pack. Once you got it you will use it.

Will agree the knife sharpener is fluff. Go shoot a few bows. Pretty sure you won't be disappointed with an APA just like you won't be disappointed with a Bowtech or Hoyt. Just stay away from the package/starter kits. You will be upgrading in a year if the bow bug bites you.
Old 01-29-2016, 10:21 AM

The viper is a nice smooth hard hitting bow. The m36 is my favorite, I used to hunt with the m7's but the 36 is just too nice to leave at home. I like a handle on the riser, most my hunting is stalking and I'd be lost without it. The soft touch paint apa has come out with this year is way warmer on the hands in colder weather. The only problem with it is that it doesn't slide in your grip as much and it takes some practice not to torque your grip.
Old 01-29-2016, 10:54 AM

I purchased a Mamba M7 a year and a half ago. It was my first bow and I liked the fact they were Canadian. I also was able to get a pro staff price on it through work which definitely helped the decision making process.

Based on my skills at the time I very much enjoyed the bow. After about 9 months I decided archery was something I would be staying with and decided to purchase a Hoyt Nitrum 34. I based this decision on conversations with some industry people including a few guys from Bowtech and other companies. I'm also a big hunting nerd and Cameron Hanes shoots a Nitrum. I figured if its good enough for a guy who shoots as much as he does, it'll be more that suitable for me.

Every aspect of shooting is infinitely more enjoyable with the Hoyt. WAY less vibration, it has a much more stable "feel" in the hand. The draw cycle is noticeably smoother and there is way less movement after the release. The craftsmanship and fit and finish on the Hoyt is a million times better as well.

I do miss the hook on the riser but thats literally it. I bought a $12 screw in the tree type bow hook and took care of that aspect too.
Old 01-29-2016, 11:51 AM

It's funny how differnt people feel,differently. My m5 had vibration. Easy fix. Compaired to the Hoyt nitrum turbo. The m5 draws better to me.
Old 01-29-2016, 11:52 AM

BTW for the hand sharpen broadhead shooters thats not only a knife sharpener...it touches up those broadheads razor sharp...

Neil
Old 01-29-2016, 12:40 PM

In all honesty ever pro shop has a certain bow they push. My preference is Prime but that's just what I shoot and like the feel of. Try a bunch of bows and buy what fits you even if your offered a free sticker with that APA Just kidding do your research and make your choice.
Old 01-30-2016, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.O.S.T.Arrow View Post
Who mentioned a HOYT...lol... Back of the line Rookie

hahaha
Have to read all the posts there LOST, like #6....

"Lol in some cases yes, go price out a hoyt , paying for the Name pretty much"

And I wish I was still a rookie, instead of a half century old that creaks like an old Browning Mirage when I draw my bow.....lol

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 01-30-2016, 02:09 PM

Quote:

Thats because they wait for other companies to develop something new so they have something to copy.
Old 01-30-2016, 07:42 PM

2015, king cobra shoots over 370 faster than pse and all the rest. So who did apa copy off of to have the fastest bow?
Old 01-30-2016, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Taylor View Post
2015, king cobra shoots over 370 faster than pse and all the rest. So who did apa copy off of to have the fastest bow?
Oh come on Clint. They rate it at "up to 370+" I'm sure that someone has had a full trotted that is 370+. And to boot PSE was doing it in 2013. Apa is far from the first. I also doubt that every one they sell will even come close to 370. More likely 360 ish. Even with the extra inch of draw length they come with, lol

Last edited by normanrd; 01-30-2016 at 09:09 PM.