Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-09-2010, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottymouth View Post
Actually, there's a vast number of landowners and people that are also mis informed, because they believe that Bow hunters wound more game than anyone. Throw Xguns into the mix now, and our Rep ( bow hunters ) will be tarnished even more now......Most people will only see an arrow not a bolt!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pottymouth View Post
Ive laid that comment out 2-3 times now without an official reaction from the opposition! Do I stand alone in stating that sometimes landowners deny access to bowhunters because of a bad expirence, and lack of knowledge that a bow can accomplish the same as a rifle??

Does that image, That people like whitetail Junkie portray of bow hunter sit well with all of you? ( that we can't kill anything, and wound more than we harvest)

Now ask your self can the avgerage person tell the diffrence between Xbow and Compound bow arrows.....the answer is NO.
That intial expansion surge of Xbow hunters might tarnish our public perseption people have of bowhunters....I've worked hard to have what I have as far landowners, and I won't sit and watch this get ruined by some over night hill billies!!!

I've already started to talk to my landowners about such issues!!!( I got enough pull they will listen) and urge the rest of bowhunters to do the same......maybe we will lose the battle, but we still could win the war!!
Im still waiting on some sort of an opinion on this!!! opposition???