Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-01-2023, 07:37 PM

Default Massive tornado near Didsbury

https://www.tmz.com/2023/07/01/massi...ta-canada-day/

https://m.youtube.com/watch?time_con...ture=emb_title

Footage looks like it straight out of the movie twister. Scary. Hope people are OK.
Old 07-01-2023, 08:21 PM

I was driving up from Calgary airport (back from a business trip) and heading back to Edmonton and the skies were blue, sunny with just a little hit of "grey" coming in as I passed by Didsbury / Carstairs area ..... I guess it rolled through literally 45 minutes after we passed by ..... never would have guessed - but did get the emergency alert after ....
Old 07-01-2023, 09:19 PM

Just about last year at this time we had the Bergen Tornado, lots of damage, but nobody was hurt either. Last thing I heard the people most affected we're still arguing with their insurance company. Luckily, a lot of locals came to do a clean up help out. We had our turn here in 2016, but just went north of our house and did minor damage to the neighbors. Their travel trailer, what was left of it

Grizz

Isaiah 5:8
Old 07-01-2023, 10:04 PM

Holy crap
Old 07-01-2023, 10:31 PM

That’s insane.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 07-02-2023, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post
I was driving up from Calgary airport (back from a business trip) and heading back to Edmonton and the skies were blue, sunny with just a little hit of "grey" coming in as I passed by Didsbury / Carstairs area ..... I guess it rolled through literally 45 minutes after we passed by ..... never would have guessed - but did get the emergency alert after ....
I went to red deer from Airdrie to do a quick exchange, skies were blue all the way. Did a turn and burn, 45 min later full blown tornado that fast!
WDF