Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 11-28-2011, 07:45 PM

Default 4-6 man tent

So I am tryign to upgrade from my fish in 2-3 man. I want a 4-6 man. Costco has the fish inn 4-6 for 299.00. Is this the best price out there for the bigger tents? Does anyone know if costco has the 4-6 man out in the store to pick up instead of order on line?
Old 11-28-2011, 07:58 PM

i picked one up last season and its not bad... the fabric is not extremely high quality and i can see daylight threw all the stitching but for bigger outings or multi day trips it seems to work fine... the plastic windows all cracked and broke but i got a package in the mail with new windows and i didnt even ask them so there must have been a lot of complaints....

they are not the best unit out there but for the price i am remotely satisfied
Old 11-28-2011, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billycap View Post
i picked one up last season and its not bad... the fabric is not extremely high quality and i can see daylight threw all the stitching but for bigger outings or multi day trips it seems to work fine... the plastic windows all cracked and broke but i got a package in the mail with new windows and i didnt even ask them so there must have been a lot of complaints....

they are not the best unit out there but for the price i am remotely satisfied
ya I have the same tent as you from costco except the smaller one. Same issues. Cracked windows (got new ones), crudy fabric. The poles and hubes held up great though.

I heard costco started carrying a diff brand of tent besides the fish inn. I remember them being blue in colour. DO they still have them? On line they only sell fish inns.
Old 11-28-2011, 08:23 PM

I bought one of their blue ones, I think they are Kingfisher brand??? Also bought an ice cube at the same time and test drove both, the costco one went back just like their fish inn. if you will be fishing with more than a couple people go for a 6 man, you will appreciate the room. Spend another hundred and get an Eskimo instead.

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich