Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 08-09-2009, 06:39 PM

Default aqua view or fish tv?

Hey what would you buy for an underwater camera? the aqua view or the fish tv, going to use it mainly for ice fishing this winter.

Thanks
Old 08-09-2009, 10:37 PM

I just bought the Fish TV 7" mainly for ice fishing but I have a few open water spots I want to play around with until then.

I bought mine from BPS but be careful because the first one I bought the connection between the camera and monitor was crap. I had to physically hold pressure on it in order to see anything on the monitor. I ended up bringing it back to exchange it. If you buy one, use their batteries in the store to test it first, it might end up saving you a trip for an exchange.

I hope this isn't a sign of things to come for the winter!
Old 08-10-2009, 08:37 AM

wouldnt mind getting one either but not sure who,s is best.I seen one that has 4 cameras at the end and a split screen so you could put it between 2 holes and seeboth at the same time plus whats coming and going.Pretty cool if it works.

crap, talking about winter allready
Old 08-10-2009, 08:56 AM

If you are looking for just your basic cam. Not looking to record or have a 360 view. the fish TV will do you just fine. I have one and never had a problem. I found it hard to keep the cam pointed at my bait at times. But fixed that prob with a 15 foot telescoping pole.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=15h...ec&usp=sharing
Old 08-10-2009, 10:34 AM

I have the Cabelas brand camera and for 159.00 on sale its been an awesome camera. Been using it alot this summer and its real cool to see whats going down there. 7 inch screen very clear love it.
Old 08-13-2009, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorr View Post
I have the Cabelas brand camera and for 159.00 on sale its been an awesome camera. Been using it alot this summer and its real cool to see whats going down there. 7 inch screen very clear love it.

Yeah,

That on is on sale again at Cabela's. I have a buddy who just ordered one for himself. Looks like it's selling for $149.99. I believe it's the 7" with the SONY screen. Looks pretty slick.

/FC...