Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 01-24-2014, 09:29 AM

I must be the one and only guy that enjoys going to wholesale sports they treat us very well there.

YouTube:@huyfishin Fishing Videos!

Respect wildlife
Old 01-24-2014, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterfowler1969 View Post
Wholesale sports after being bought by UFA is the crappiest outdoor store out there. They should rename the stores across Canada to NO SALE SPORTS. They let go all the guys that have a clue go and hire dumb kids that know nothing and are to busy playing on there phone to answer the phone or talk to you when you are in the store. Sure miss calling Russel sports and a few other small stores from back in the day.

^^^^^^ THIS. Russell Sports was a gem.
Old 01-25-2014, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassDude View Post
Past 2 days i've called Wholesale Sports Calgary looking to spend about $800 on a couple things while I drive between sales calls. Been on hold for 20+ minutes each call, even after telling the person who answered that nobody ever picks up. 4 Times yesterday - final call at 6pm - person who answered said, "oh don't worry its dead here" - nobody ever picked up. Very frustrating - but its obvious they have no clue about customer service or maybe they are so busy in January they have no time to answer the phone - NOT.

Called over to the Fishin' Hole at 6:30 - spoke to a guy who said "I'll have to turn the lights on to see if we have stock" - They were closed - They have the products - and they will have the sale at noon today.

Customer Service 101.
If you are patient the Fishing Hole is at the Sportsman Show and their prices are amazing.....older stock but still good.

I do not shop anywhere else for my fishing supplies. Excellent service and amazingly knowledgeable.....so willing to share.

We have two lives: The life we learn with and the life we live with after that.
Old 01-25-2014, 09:10 AM

I go to WSS south edmonton, i could care less if anyone even worked there, i know where the gear i need is, when i need/want something i go get it. I like their selection. Some of the staff are, although helpfull.. A little unknowledgable, the fly guys are good, and the one guy in the bow section went out of his way for me, helping me set up an old bow!
Old 01-26-2014, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon View Post
Coming from a Guy that use to work at a big box store (not sporting goods). It is really annoying when people call in to ask questions about stock and product. We want to talk to you.

Have you ever been that customer standing there for 20 minutes while the sales guy talks to a person on the phone because he is too lazy to come to the store?

Usually if a customer is at your store they are going to buy... customer's over the phone are a long shot... if it was your store who would you tell your sales guys to devote their time too? the guy that is standing infront of you with cash in hand or the guy sitting at home arm chair shopping for the absolute lowest price?

IMHO of course.
on the money, I use to be a sports manager for Canadian Tire (Ottawa) and the phone was a pain. Staff would be out on the floor helping paying customers and the armchair pilots would be calling. I had more than one person come in and take a number wait and then tell me that they had tried to call and got no answer. To stupid to realize that the line they had just stood in was the reason they didn't get an answer.
Old 01-26-2014, 09:57 AM

Go see Dustin in the fly fishing dept, he will be more than happy to help.
Old 01-26-2014, 10:03 AM

WSS south and or Cabelas...whoever has the best price and availibilty