Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 10-20-2012, 07:58 PM

Default Whos goes fishing with an rc airplane?

I decided to try it, but low and behold nothing in a 45 minute span, so i just took off and started flying around. Didnt realize it at first but as i flew past my face a few times i realized i have 30 ft of fishing line and a hook at the end. Video was taken @ Brown Lake up behind Big White in Kelowna.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9j4DN...ature=youtu.be
Old 10-21-2012, 05:01 AM
Banned

pretty neat vid. but i think you might have more luck with a rc boat. in the early 80s i was the activity co-ordinator for the big white ski resort and your vid. brought back some great memories.
had some great times in beaverdell.
Old 10-21-2012, 09:56 AM

I've used an RC boat to get my line out from shore. just hooked it on the boat in a way so it would pull line going out, then would detach when i turned the boat.
Old 10-21-2012, 10:54 AM
Banned

Cool

cant say I've used an rc plane .I have used rc boats in europe, for carp. they actually have carp rc boats with a dump box to offload chum and hook bait. another neat way to fish is with kites. in NZ they use them as a set line, at distance up to a half mile offtshore. we added our own twist ,we asked the guy using the kite if we could attach a downrigger release to the kite. scrached his head and said sure. now the kite took out his set line and our line from a rod. get to near the end of the reel spool ,give the rod a hefty tug and baited line released, way further out than I could ever cast, 300 odd yrds. with a little practice this may work on a rc plane. good luck.