Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 03-08-2013, 06:23 PM

Default GO Rv and Marine - wow, totally clueless!

So was curious about checking out Go Rv and Marine today to see if they changed for the good since being changed from Cars Rv. Boy was I wrong! I think they went backwards, when I thought they could not get worse they surprised me even more.

I am in the market to buy a new 9.8hp kicker, and wanted to see what they had to offer seeing they are a Mercury dealer and they are local. I entered the parts department where they keep the trolling motors on display, and was met by a lady that quickly told me not to ask her anything about the motors because she has no clue about them. So fair enough, I asked her to see if someone can assist me in find a price on the motor I was looking for. I was told to go to the sales floor to ask a salesman, so off I go to go look for a salesman. By now I'm getting a little annoyed with the service at this place. Finally I catch the attention of a salesman after 10 mins of pacing in the show room, and again was told he knows nothing about the small Mercury motors in their showroom. By this time I'm about to walk out, I walk away from the salesman and go to the parts counter and give the girl a model number of the motor so she can look it up in their system, and wow there was a price! The salesman comes up behind me and asks if I want to buy it and I laugh, " not from here!" You guys don't know anything about what you sell, so not wasting my time and money in here.

I don't know how these places can operate like this and Bragg about being a top notch Mercury dealer! I delt a bit with Cars Rv in the past, but this last visit was a real deal breaker. I would be scared to buy anything from these guys and have any problems with your boat, could be a painful experience.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:12 PM

I bought a Tracker boat from there simply because I had a car that I never drove and would use a boat way more. It was a win win for me. Trade my 2 year old car off that I never use on a boat.

I have issues with the service. From them telling me they did the warranty work when in fact they just lied through there teeth. I had the passenger console crack and they said it wasn't covered under warranty because the no longer deal with that make any more. When the boat was less than a year old.

Terry in service hardly knows how to spell his name let alone mange that department.

All I got to say is I got my boat. Bass Pro is more than happy to honor all the warranty on my boat and life is good.

I will never walk into there ever agian.

PS: The finance guy is a lying little Wiesel. He's the only guy I know who can forget your name before you leave his office.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:36 PM

I was supposed to get a cheque from them for $200.00 for a referral on a friend of mine who bought a rv...well i waited...then i waited some more and no cheque seemed to be coming. i called into the office there on at least 7 different occasions and all i got was the run around...so one day when i was in Edmonton with nothing to do i dropped in to say Hi and where is my cheque..well they tried to get me to leave by telling me that they would put it in the mail to me..i asked the nice lady if i could speak with the person who runs this awful excuse of a business..it took about 0 minutes for that fella to come see me...and yet again he said no problem i will have a cheque brought in from our main office and mail it out to ya...thats when i told him i was going to sit right here by the front door and be his greeter and i will only quit that job once i have a cheque in my hand...he looked sideways at me and said you can't do that..i turned away from him and went straight to the front door and while he stood there watching i told the next people coming through the door that this big company with all this inventory and all these people working here are trying to get out of paying me a measley $200.00 that they owe me Hope you find what you are looking for...i had a cheque in my hand within 5 minutes of me standing by that door...i will never go in there again...for that reason alone ..i am out!

"Good judgement comes from experience, and experience...well,That comes from poor Judgement"
"KEEP SMILING"
Zip