Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 08-25-2016, 03:28 PM

Default Ice fishing shack idea

Hey everyone, we are pretty serious ice fishers and are finally looking into a more serious set up for ice fishing. I seen someone build one from scratch including a custom chassis that lowered all the way to the ground !

Im wondering what other set ups people have built? or if you've gutted an old camper? or bought one in alberta?

just tossing around ideas at this point
Old 08-25-2016, 03:55 PM

Might want to check these guys out for ideas: http://www.icecastlefh.com/

Out of the states and I don't know if they have dealers in Canada. Cool designs though.

SS

YouTube: Harder Outdoors
Instagram: @harderoutdoors
FB: HarderOutdoors
Old 08-25-2016, 04:47 PM

I converted a 6x14' cargo trailer. Oak cabinets, fold down queen sized bed, 4 holes in the floor, propane furnace vented outside, 19" flatscreen TV with underwater camera. It doubles as my hunting/camping shack and is always a work in progress.
Old 08-25-2016, 08:24 PM

Default Ice shack

Just buy a sea otter resort and a buddy heater and your set I can sleep overnight in it have battery bank lights TV flasher and camera and coffee maker awesome portable units last for years
Old 08-26-2016, 04:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntingaddict View Post
Just buy a sea otter resort and a buddy heater and your set I can sleep overnight in it have battery bank lights TV flasher and camera and coffee maker awesome portable units last for years
WHAT ?

Is your keyboard missing all the punctuation marks ?

And what is a "sea otter resort" ? Googled it, but nothing called "sea otter"...

Old 08-26-2016, 06:11 AM
Gone Fishing

I converted a Boler trailer which has served us well and seats 4. I cut 4 holes (one in each corner) and put four 5 gallon pails down the holes with the bottoms cut out to form a sleeve between the ice and the trailer to keep the wind out. I found that the pails were not quite long enough so I put 4 krazycarpets inside the pails to complete the sleeve/tubular tunnel.

Hope this helps

Murray
Old 08-26-2016, 12:17 PM

Hey so i saw those ice castle fish houses kinda what i am going to do with the tires on a lift system so the whole trailer rests on the ice. I have been doing alot of reading on how to get this done as i do have access to a trailer weld shop and am going to weld my trailer from scratch if anyone has any good ideas on how to make trailer sit on the ice by raising wheels would like to hear any ideas. I have been looking at doing a axle less suspension with Timbren but need to work out the hydraulics and how to mount the suspension to frame so it can pivot.

Tags
fishing, ice fishing