Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 10:51 AM

Default Important information and Actions Required

Guys, very important that you download and fill out the forms attached to this post. There are a number of things that are on the table here in Alberta that will impact and perhaps limit our bowhunting opportunities.

Quote:
Hi everyone -- I represent the Alberta Bowhunters Assoc on the SRD Wildlife Management Advisory Group. It is comprised of various stakeholders and senior SRD staff - we debate the issues and pass on the position of each of our groups on these issues. We have just been presented with the attached information on 3 such issues/proposals. One in particular has significant impact on bowhunters and bowhunting. Could change the bowhunting FOREVER (and not for the good). Take the time to read the information (10 minutes), to fill out the questionnaire (3 minutes) and to send it to me (2 minutes) so I can present the voice of Alberta bowhunters to the other stakeholders and SRD at our next meeting Apr 28. If you do not have the time (15 minutes out of your day) to tell me your thoughts then I expect you to remain silent forever if things don't go well for us as bowhunters. We debated and passed out this info at our AGM/banquet this past weekend, it will be circulated throughout the province in archery shops, email lists, etc. If I get limited feedback then I am just wasting my time as well going to these meetings. This may be our only kick at the cat - make it a good one!!

If you have any thoughts or questions contact me at any time. Pass this on to fellow bowhunters. We need to make an impact NOW!

brent
2010 ABA President
Attached Files
File Type: doc ABA Questionaire in Response to SRD Proposals.doc (26.5 KB, 299 views)
File Type: doc Info on SRD 2011 Proposals.doc (28.5 KB, 299 views)
Old 04-05-2010, 11:21 AM

Brent, you'll definatley be recieving mine, and I hope this will put a stop to the Xbows issue for good.Thanks for doing your part, now hopefully it's some of our turn.
Old 04-05-2010, 01:08 PM

You will be getting my response soon... Thanks for the heads up.
Old 04-05-2010, 01:41 PM

Default What If?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GillieSuit View Post
Guys, very important that you download and fill out the forms attached to this post. There are a number of things that are on the table here in Alberta that will impact and perhaps limit our bowhunting opportunities.

Quote:
Hi everyone -- I represent the Alberta Bowhunters Assoc on the SRD Wildlife Management Advisory Group. It is comprised of various stakeholders and senior SRD staff - we debate the issues and pass on the position of each of our groups on these issues. We have just been presented with the attached information on 3 such issues/proposals. One in particular has significant impact on bowhunters and bowhunting. Could change the bowhunting FOREVER (and not for the good). Take the time to read the information (10 minutes), to fill out the questionnaire (3 minutes) and to send it to me (2 minutes) so I can present the voice of Alberta bowhunters to the other stakeholders and SRD at our next meeting Apr 28. If you do not have the time (15 minutes out of your day) to tell me your thoughts then I expect you to remain silent forever if things don't go well for us as bowhunters. We debated and passed out this info at our AGM/banquet this past weekend, it will be circulated throughout the province in archery shops, email lists, etc. If I get limited feedback then I am just wasting my time as well going to these meetings. This may be our only kick at the cat - make it a good one!!

If you have any thoughts or questions contact me at any time. Pass this on to fellow bowhunters. We need to make an impact NOW!

brent
2010 ABA President
What if we don't agree with you, will you still present that as well?
Old 04-05-2010, 02:33 PM

Nice job, I'll be emailing a copy to everyone i can think of
Old 04-05-2010, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota369 View Post
What if we don't agree with you, will you still present that as well?
X2
Old 04-05-2010, 09:05 PM
Banned

i like the season start date for sure...but wait, if i want my velvet muley to remain more elitish with only 75 entries into the alberta archery records vs the over 450 hard horn entries (typical mule deer) then i should be selfish and vote against the earlier season start date.....hmmmm, nope, i think the earlier start date is for the better good all around, i'm not going to be selfish about it

crossbow, if it gets to 30% of hunters in alberta and they allot 30% of the harvest to us via draw etc. and its just a mirror of how things are now but compensating for more bowhunting in the field then EFFIN FANTASTIC IMO!!!! more things killed via sharp quiet arrows up close and personal and a bunch more people not quite as strong and talented as the majority of us compound guys etc. then thats EFFIN FANTASTIC IMO!!!! so, guess i'm going to go the less selfish route again, a bow that opens the door to ALL of Albertas hunters is a good thing, managers just have to manage and adjust accordingly as i'm sure they would, seems to fit in fine everywhere else its ever been introduced

muzzleloader....well if they really want then ONLY for the species that can sustain that much more gun play(whitetails and the big elk herds in 312 when some thinning is required) and after the general hunting seasons imo....and might as well just let it be more gun season period...muzzle loader is close enough so i do agree on this one but can't be an early season with open tags to the same stuff archery stuff gets access too....needs to be for only where more gun play can actually fit

yes for two and no for one.....i will try and send something in here right quick
Old 04-05-2010, 09:44 PM
Gone Hunting

Stinky, you NEED to stop smoking the "tobacco". Your all over the place man. What the hell are you talking about, not being selfish with regards to velvet mule standings and taking the high road by supporting an earlier season opening?? Lordy,,, come on back to earth man. As far as the rest of your "good fight" goes, I really do hope you dont get the chance to pizz and moan over the issues you wish to create. And no, I dont want to get into a drawn out verbal competition with you. Just stop and think before you speak is all anyone would ask.

Go get 'em Brent and Co.

It's just Alberta boys... Take what you can while you can,, if ya cant beat em join em.

Keep a strain on er
Old 04-05-2010, 09:59 PM

Can you explain what is wrong with a standardized season start date? I do not agree with the other two proposals

Why wouldn't people want to use a cross bow in archery season. They are technically just about a rifle and the new muzzel loaders are!!!
Thanks

Last edited by gallery; 04-05-2010 at 10:07 PM.
Old 04-05-2010, 10:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by packhuntr View Post
Stinky, you NEED to stop smoking the "tobacco". Your all over the place man. What the hell are you talking about, not being selfish with regards to velvet mule standings and taking the high road by supporting an earlier season opening?? Lordy,,, come on back to earth man. As far as the rest of your "good fight" goes, I really do hope you dont get the chance to pizz and moan over the issues you wish to create. And no, I dont want to get into a drawn out verbal competition with you. Just stop and think before you speak is all anyone would ask.

Go get 'em Brent and Co.
Pack, i think i need to START smoking the 'tobacco'.....maybe i would be able to understand it better? And i don't need to think about this one much...its so simple black and white....a bow is a bow...put them together so they can love each other again.

It was just a jab at the kind of selfishness i think the archery hardcore have in trying to keep the crossbow out of where it fits as they fear the club will get bigger and wreck their little party...... when ultimately i bet they'd rather see some change that would make the club even smaller. I bet they'd vote for 60 lb minimum draw weight capability if anyone brought up the change......they might as well be....kind of same thing imo.

You are so much fun sometimes big boy.

I look forward to seeing more big velvet action from Albertas bowhunters with early start dates...the more the better imo. I could care less what happens to the numbers of velvet deer in the books...but i bet i know some that it would bother...it doesn't take much.

Last edited by Stinky Coyote; 04-05-2010 at 10:38 PM.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVE View Post
X2
x3

I would like to be able to use a crossbow in the archery season,a muzzeloader season between archery and general rifle would be nice to see as well
Closed Thread