Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 11-03-2009, 05:54 PM

Default Enchant(ed) afternoon

Well I decided after the rain stopped and the sun broke thru I would hit Enchant again for some of those (trophy) perch. I ended up with one rainbow. and 3 or 4 (or more) dozen perch. Lots of fun, so I decided on the way home to hit the Bow for a bit, what a nice way to end an afternoon. 4 or 5 hits, one small pike landed, altho a 2 pound pike feels like a hog after those 4 and 5 inch perch. Watching pike come into 3 inches of water after your lure is always good for a rush, no wonder Im a pike junkie. Another beautiful sunset and full moonrise to top it all off, with the bawling of the cattle across the river and the howling coyotes. Even spotted a couple very nice whitetail bucks on the way in to the river. I do love this country!!!!!!

http://s787.photobucket.com/albums/y...mber%203%2009/

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 11-03-2009, 08:39 PM

My wife is not pleased with you right now! We're thinking about heading back there this coming Sunday to see if we can catch anything.

Nice pics.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:44 PM

What kind of camera are you using? I bought what I thought was a nice one a few years ago and it doesn't even come close to how nice your night shots are. Those are great pictures.
Old 11-03-2009, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plinker View Post
What kind of camera are you using? I bought what I thought was a nice one a few years ago and it doesn't even come close to how nice your night shots are. Those are great pictures.
Fuji Finepix S9100, gotta love anti-shake, didnt even use a tripod for the moon pic. and thanks.

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 11-03-2009, 09:26 PM

Keljay I am really impressed with those Gulp maggots , and they hold up for a lot of fish too. I was letting the bobber sit for a few seconds, then giving it a twitch every few seconds while I kept the line tight, seemed to get them going. It was off and on tho, not as steady as Friday. This time I was on the SW corner, so the trees blocked some of the breeze. I left that rainbow in there, maybe she can catch it and will forgive me

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

Old 11-03-2009, 09:53 PM

She says thanks Wayne! I'm going to pick up some of those Gulp Maggots.

I just can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I was at Echodale Park this afternoon and had a ton of bites, but I just couldn't catch anything.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keljay View Post
She says thanks Wayne! I'm going to pick up some of those Gulp Maggots.

I just can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I was at Echodale Park this afternoon and had a ton of bites, but I just couldn't catch anything.
Echodale Park as in the manmade lake? or Echodale fishn the riv? I got a decent spot at Echodale on the riv for walleye...if u want it? Never fished the manmade lake though...any bows in there anymore?
Old 11-03-2009, 10:29 PM

Man i so wanna try this place out, i havent fished in like a month now....my dad wont go out once the temperature starts to hover around 0..lmao
Old 11-03-2009, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishfinder View Post
Echodale Park as in the manmade lake? or Echodale fishn the riv? I got a decent spot at Echodale on the riv for walleye...if u want it? Never fished the manmade lake though...any bows in there anymore?
I've caught two rainbows from the man made lake. There seems to be quite a few of them in there as well as a few suckers. I'd be more than grateful for your walleye spot if you're willing to share!
Old 11-04-2009, 04:52 PM

nice fish and pics
Old 11-05-2009, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keljay View Post
I've caught two rainbows from the man made lake. There seems to be quite a few of them in there as well as a few suckers. I'd be more than grateful for your walleye spot if you're willing to share!
will send pm
Old 11-06-2009, 05:52 PM

Wayne you get those piker in the Bow river or little Bow? I've always wondered about pike being in the Bow river.
Old 11-06-2009, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickinfinite View Post
Wayne you get those piker in the Bow river or little Bow? I've always wondered about pike being in the Bow river.
I got them in the Bow river. Ive caught pike from Carseland down, and I know there are even the oddball pike in the Bow right in Calgary, just not too common there. There are quite a few in the Elbow too, Ive heard of some nice ones being caught in Stanley Park too. Big Pike plus current=even more fun!!!!

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

Old 11-07-2009, 05:48 PM

you keep that one in the first pic?
Old 11-07-2009, 06:19 PM

the rainbow? nah, left it for someones wife to catch another day Dont keep many fish, unless the perch get a bit bigger, hardly worth cleaning from that pond.

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

Old 11-07-2009, 07:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justflyfish4eva View Post
you keep that one in the first pic?
Just another classic release.
Old 11-07-2009, 09:33 PM

She says thanks Wayne!