Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 10-31-2009, 03:59 PM

Default Tackle Sale

Some time in November I'm looking at holding a tackle sale, basically just a one day drop-in sale to clear out some gear I don't need anymore. I'm also thinking that to have more variety and be able to attract more people, I would invite a few forum members to bring their stuff to sell as well. Basically I could have 3 or 4 others come along and bring some stuff they'd like to get rid of. Right now I'm thinking November 21st and would just hold it in a large room of my house in NW Calgary. Is there anyone here who would be interested in coming and/or having a table at the sale?
Old 10-31-2009, 05:55 PM

I may not have been clear before, I'm looking for anyone who is interested in bringing their stuff along to sell as well. Feel free to contact me if you're looking to sell anything and want to come.
Old 11-01-2009, 05:24 AM
Banned

Sorry, can't help you. I've never sold any tackle in my life, not even my small collection of antiques. I have purchased to odd bit at garage sales or estate sales, and my guess is that you might be hard pressed to find an angler that will part with his old wore out, spit out, faded irreplacable lures with new, red blood hooks attached. But if I could get a dime for every lure and hook lost to the deep, I would fly in to Great Slave for a week.lol
Old 11-01-2009, 05:44 AM

If it was a little closer to home for me I'd come check it out as a buyer. I haven't acquired enough stuff yet to need to start selling it off

Time, it makes you old. Experience makes you wise. It's only a fool who judges life by what he sees in other peoples' eyes.
- Strung Out

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams
Old 11-01-2009, 10:06 PM

No worries guys, I know some people like me end up aquiring too much over the years, so I thought if I gathered some people up for a sale it may work out better. If anyone is interested feel free to reply here or send me a PM
Old 11-02-2009, 06:29 AM

Default Did someone say used fishing gear?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishpro View Post
No worries guys, I know some people like me end up aquiring too much over the years, so I thought if I gathered some people up for a sale it may work out better. If anyone is interested feel free to reply here or send me a PM
hey there if you want to comprise a list of all your fishin goodies you wanna sell, I have a little fishing shop here in edmonton and we sell a bunch used and new fishing gear and I sell 4 to 1 used stuff people like to save money! My shop is called The Reel Doctor at www.reeldr.com number is there aswell! I also have a bunch of antique reels and rods and am always buying old mitchells thanks
Old 11-02-2009, 10:43 AM

Hey fishpro, I would be interested in doing something like that but the timing is not so good for me. What about doing a Calgary AO board member tackle swap/meet and greet in early January? I'm crazy busy till Christmas
Old 11-02-2009, 12:32 PM

I'd likely be up for that. It depends on how much stuff I have at that point, and also if it turned into a large event we would have to rent some sort of hall, which may be expensive, but it's definitely something worth considering.
Old 11-06-2009, 06:22 PM

Just bumping this up again, I now have a few people interested in attending the sale, anyone interested in bringing some of their used stuff along to sell? I'm thinking a format similar to the Trout Unlimited tackle swap that's held every spring in Calgary.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:33 AM

I wish I could check it out. Just a thought maybe place a list of stuff on the for sale section. Any FLy gear will be looked at.
Old 11-09-2009, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatonkagp View Post
I wish I could check it out. Just a thought maybe place a list of stuff on the for sale section. Any FLy gear will be looked at.
pm sent
Old 11-10-2009, 04:38 PM

I'm now up to myself and 2 others that will have a selection of gear for sale. Anyone else interested in bringing some stuff along to sell, the more we have available the more people we'll be able to attract to the sale.