Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-30-2017, 12:00 PM

Default Champ is back

Jon Jones defeats Daniel Cormier . Was a great fight Jon gets his belt back

Now just have to wait till November for Bisping to lose his

Mack
Old 07-30-2017, 12:14 PM

I didn't catch that one, but I've grown tired of that particular rivalry anyways. Jones strikes me as an obnoxious prima donna, though admittedly he can back it up. Where he really lost me is the drug problems and fleeing the scene of that collision where the pregnant woman was injured, yet he had the presence of mind to return to grab a bunch of cash from his vehicle?? Some people might achieve success but don't really deserve it, talent notwithstanding.
Old 07-30-2017, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
I didn't catch that one, but I've grown tired of that particular rivalry anyways. Jones strikes me as an obnoxious prima donna, though admittedly he can back it up. Where he really lost me is the drug problems and fleeing the scene of that collision where the pregnant woman was injured, yet he had the presence of mind to return to grab a bunch of cash from his vehicle?? Some people might achieve success but don't really deserve it, talent notwithstanding.
Yup. He has admitted to being high on cocaine the night before he beat DC the first time. His natural talent is unbelievable. Now that he has turned a new leaf and is doing his best to beat his demons he will go on a way more dominating and convincing tear through the UFC ranks. I like them both. Feel bad for DC but also happy for the way Jon Jones has turned his life around. Good for him.
Old 07-30-2017, 03:21 PM

Quote:
He may not be an angel but then who of us are. As far as being an obnoxious prima donna name one mma star that is not in one way or another. I dont undersand why you figure he dose not deserve the success hes had hes payed plenty for it.

Mack
Old 07-30-2017, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1899b View Post
Yup. He has admitted to being high on cocaine the night before he beat DC the first time. His natural talent is unbelievable. Now that he has turned a new leaf and is doing his best to beat his demons he will go on a way more dominating and convincing tear through the UFC ranks. I like them both. Feel bad for DC but also happy for the way Jon Jones has turned his life around. Good for him.
I dont feel bad for DC he has to take the loses with the wins. He should feel fortunate that he was champion at all .

Mack
Old 07-30-2017, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackinaw View Post
He may not be an angel but then who of us are. As far as being an obnoxious prima donna name one mma star that is not in one way or another. I dont undersand why you figure he dose not deserve the success hes had hes payed plenty for it.

Mack
I don't know how you don't understand how running away like a coward from the collision with the pregnant woman whose arm was broken does not garner much respect. I figured that would be obvious to literally everyone, not just to most everyone.

Hopefully he's beaten his demons and substance abuse issues, but then again I'm rather jaded towards people who can't handle their own success.
Old 07-30-2017, 05:15 PM

Jones is obviously a pos from a human being standpoint but he sure can fight.

Based on him calling out Lesnar I am guessing he plans on stepping up to HW now. Not much left for him at LHW anyways. Lesnar shouldn't even be allowed to fight in the UFC after his last fight but the way the UFC has been going lately probably will announce that fight any moment...
Old 07-30-2017, 06:20 PM

Quote:
I don't know how you don't understand how running away like a coward from the collision with the pregnant woman whose arm was broken does not garner much respect. I figured that would be obvious to literally everyone, not just to most everyone.

Hopefully he's beaten his demons and substance abuse issues, but then again I'm rather jaded towards people who can't handle their own success.
He deserves his success from his talent not his personal life if you cant separate the two that is your issue .

Mack
Old 07-30-2017, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavYak View Post
Jones is obviously a pos from a human being standpoint but he sure can fight.

Based on him calling out Lesnar I am guessing he plans on stepping up to HW now. Not much left for him at LHW anyways. Lesnar shouldn't even be allowed to fight in the UFC after his last fight but the way the UFC has been going lately probably will announce that fight any moment...
Im thinking if Jones fights Lesnar it will be catch weight but i cant see it happening soon if at all.

Mack
Old 07-30-2017, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Im thinking if Jones fights Lesnar it will be catch weight but i cant see it happening soon if at all.

Mack
What would the catch weight be. I doubt Lesnar could or would go much lower than 260ish.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk
Old 07-30-2017, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastgoeswest View Post
What would the catch weight be. I doubt Lesnar could or would go much lower than 260ish.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk
Lesnar fought at 265 jones at 205 i would think it would have to be 250 or 255 jon should have little trouble going up to that he walks around at 225 .it will be a tough go for Leznar
You mivht be right tbey could have to go 260

Mack
Old 07-30-2017, 07:46 PM

Quote:
I dont feel bad for DC he has to take the loses with the wins. He should feel fortunate that he was champion at all .

Mack
I agree but to be so passionate about something like defeating Jon Jones and giving it his all which he always does is a tough pill. He will always be known as the guy that couldn't beat Jon Jones...
Old 07-30-2017, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Lesnar fought at 265 jones at 205 i would think it would have to be 250 or 255 jon should have little trouble going up to that he walks around at 225 .it will be a tough go for Leznar
You mivht be right tbey could have to go 260

Mack
Jones weighed in at 204 by stated he was 215 at the time of the fight. I could see him being able to be a 230lb fighter. But tossing around Brock Lesnar is a pipe dream..
Old 07-30-2017, 10:17 PM

Quote:
He deserves his success from his talent not his personal life if you cant separate the two that is your issue .

Mack
Success and respect are two different things. Bill Cosby was successful too but it doesn't mean I respect the guy.
Old 07-30-2017, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Jones weighed in at 204 by stated he was 215 at the time of the fight. I could see him being able to be a 230lb fighter. But tossing around Brock Lesnar is a pipe dream..
Thatz what people thought wben Royce Grace went up against kimo .Grace was 176 kimo was 250 or when he fought Akebono who was 550lb. You never k ow what can be done.

Mack
Old 07-30-2017, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Success and respect are two different things. Bill Cosby was successful too but it doesn't mean I respect the guy.
But we were talking success...i allready said he was not an angel. He still well deserved the success he has had as a fighter.

Mack
Old 07-30-2017, 11:07 PM

Quote:
I agree but to be so passionate about something like defeating Jon Jones and giving it his all which he always does is a tough pill. He will always be known as the guy that couldn't beat Jon Jones...
Only because he made such a big deal out of it.there are a lot of other fighters that couldn't beat Jones either it is part of the job . The only thing that is bad is he should not have been interviewed right after a knockout you are not in your right mind for some time.

Mack
Old 07-30-2017, 11:20 PM

why would a catch weight be even needed hw begins at 206 to 265.
there is almost room for another weight class in between lite heavy and HW.
johns 84" wingspan is pretty wild combined with being 6'4". his reach is still 4" longer than my reach, im also 6-4 /235 with 2xl mitts.
classy guy in the post fight after it sounds like anyways.

weatherby fans clik here....
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/group.php?groupid=31
Old 07-30-2017, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger View Post
why would a catch weight be even needed hw begins at 206 to 265.
there is almost room for another weight class in between lite heavy and HW.
johns 84" wingspan is pretty wild combined with being 6'4". his reach is still 4" longer than my reach, im also 6-4 /235 with 2xl mitts.
classy guy in the post fight after it sounds like anyways.
You are right there would no need for catch weight you wonder if there should be a super heavyweight .he definitely gave DC his props after the fight.

Mack
Old 07-31-2017, 09:19 AM

The most obvious difference in the fight was Cormier's confidence and ability to manage some effective striking attacks. Unfortunately they weren't effective enough and Jone's reach and athleticism caught him. It seems the best body style is long and lean for the fight game - which describes Jones to a tee.

Jone's muscle mass was significantly reduced since he got off steroids and his overwhelming strength and speed seemed to be reduced as a result - making the fight much closer IMO - but he still got the job done.

Feel bad for DC - just seems like a good guy.
Old 07-31-2017, 09:33 AM

I hope UFC doesn't start to lose some of the integrity. Is Jones calling out lesnar cuz he sees the hype mayweather/Conor is getting n he sees a big payday too? I think Dana stated when they bought Pride there'd be no more 'novelty' matches-
It looked like Dana was mad n yelling at dc right after the fight also, wonder what that was about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-31-2017, 09:47 AM

I'll have to check out the interviews, if JJ was classy then props to him there. I've heard chatter about the D.C post fight interview and how it was frowned upon, people noting Joe Rogan broke his own usual rule by interviewing him post-knockout, certainly it's not the best time to get coherent thought out of a person.
Old 07-31-2017, 10:22 AM

When was John Jones on steriods? Its been all over the news that he used a no name peter popper.
His words were "its just to big to get hard".
Old 07-31-2017, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver lab View Post
When was John Jones on steriods? Its been all over the news that he used a no name peter popper.
His words were "its just to big to get hard".
Jon Jones tested positive for banned substances. Almost every single time an athlete gets caught testing positive for a banned substance they make up a story about another "unrelated" use of the same drug to protect their "good name".

I'm not 100% here - but here's how I heard it explained - which makes sense .....

Some banned substances are contained in things like sudafed which has an antihistamine that allows more 02 to reach muscles (giving you better endurance in an event) - the same way a "peter popper" brings more blood into muscles, boost testosterone levels, so they can become stronger and build bigger muscles kinda thing.

Hey, I had a cold ......... or couldn't get it up ......... just another excuse. Of course Jon said that.

Look at photos of him after his last fight, and his muscle mass when he tested positive for a "peter popper" versus now and try telling me with a straight face a 30 year old guy needs a peter popper ..... really? He push a couple of cycles of roids to enhance his performance.
Old 07-31-2017, 06:22 PM
Banned

Is the UFC still a thing?

Haven't seen many Tapout shirts around lately.....
Old 07-31-2017, 06:28 PM
Banned

Jones might be a champ in the ring, but he's a loser as soon as he steps out. I doubt he'll be the champ he was without his peter power.
Old 07-31-2017, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post
Jon Jones tested positive for banned substances. Almost every single time an athlete gets caught testing positive for a banned substance they make up a story about another "unrelated" use of the same drug to protect their "good name".

I'm not 100% here - but here's how I heard it explained - which makes sense .....

Some banned substances are contained in things like sudafed which has an antihistamine that allows more 02 to reach muscles (giving you better endurance in an event) - the same way a "peter popper" brings more blood into muscles, boost testosterone levels, so they can become stronger and build bigger muscles kinda thing.

Hey, I had a cold ......... or couldn't get it up ......... just another excuse. Of course Jon said that.

Look at photos of him after his last fight, and his muscle mass when he tested positive for a "peter popper" versus now and try telling me with a straight face a 30 year old guy needs a peter popper ..... really? He push a couple of cycles of roids to enhance his performance.
Haha! I get it.
Old 07-31-2017, 08:25 PM

Quote:

Mack
No it would be at HW. Jones called him out by saying if you want to know what it feels like to lose to a guy 40 lbs less then you then meet me in the octagon. Of course Jones would take that fight if they arranged it, he is looking for some big paycheques now.

Speaking of steroids this interview was gold. Love his oh **** reaction when he realises he just admitted to taking steroids lol.

https://youtu.be/dg5r4jZyfdg?t=320
Old 08-01-2017, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
Jones might be a champ in the ring, but he's a loser as soon as he steps out. I doubt he'll be the champ he was without his peter power.
He steps out of the OCTAGON with the championship belt a huge pay day and any women he wants thats the kind a loser i want to be..

And peter power or not he still beat the man no one else could

Mack
Old 08-01-2017, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceburg View Post
I hope UFC doesn't start to lose some of the integrity. Is Jones calling out lesnar cuz he sees the hype mayweather/Conor is getting n he sees a big payday too? I think Dana stated when they bought Pride there'd be no more 'novelty' matches-
It looked like Dana was mad n yelling at dc right after the fight also, wonder what that was about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dana was yelling at DC because DC was complaining and yelling about an early stoppage.
Dana had to yell at him to get him to understand what had happened he did not realize he had been knocked out.

Mack