Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 10-28-2009, 07:32 PM

Default Pranks on fellow fishers:)

Reading another post by the infamous WayneChristie gave me a good chuckle and got me thinkin about a funny thing I did to my buddy while fishing. We were at Reesor lake early this spring (planned for Bullshead but wind wind wind) and the fishing was pretty slow. So buddy decides to set up the ol pick rig with a bell and take a nap literally a foot from his rod. I waited bout 5 minutes till I was sure he had slipped into a snooze. I threw a rock from about 30 ft away from where I was fishing and BAM, first try, no word of a lie, I hit the tip of his rod and set his bell off loudly Couldn't believe it! Well I have never seen someone move that fast in my life while asleep He was on his reel like stink on a rat. I could not contain my laughter I almost ****ed my pants! He figured out what I did pretty fast cuz I could not stop luaghing Served him right for sleeping on the job
That's my story and I'm definenty doing it again
Anyone got some pranks to share....
Old 10-28-2009, 07:42 PM

Dont know if I should share this, since shes a pretty good shot with a gun, But was hosting Flygirll and hubby this summer, took her to one of my favorite lakes. She was fishing quite a ways off from me, no one was having any luck. I found a big dead whitefish along the shore, so I hooked it on my lure, and drug it back to where she could see me. She wasnt looking so I tossed it in the air, and yelled, she saw it hit the water and came barreling down the shore, and Im pretty sure she doesnt jog a lot mosttimes she was going on about how she had never seen a white caught on a pike lure and all, til I told her what I had done. Good thing I can run faster scared than she can mad!!!!! It was pretty funny tho

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 10-28-2009, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneChristie View Post
Dont know if I should share this, since shes a pretty good shot with a gun, But was hosting Flygirll and hubby this summer, took her to one of my favorite lakes. She was fishing quite a ways off from me, no one was having any luck. I found a big dead whitefish along the shore, so I hooked it on my lure, and drug it back to where she could see me. She wasnt looking so I tossed it in the air, and yelled, she saw it hit the water and came barreling down the shore, and Im pretty sure she doesnt jog a lot mosttimes she was going on about how she had never seen a white caught on a pike lure and all, til I told her what I had done. Good thing I can run faster scared than she can mad!!!!! It was pretty funny tho
Good one! Gonna have to try that one too! sidenote - Come to think of it, the only Whitefish I have every seen in person was floating in the middle of Rattlesnake
Old 10-28-2009, 08:00 PM

Wayne Wayne Wayne. In2 the home made wine that I bet. But since we talkn about jokes. Hows about I pull out blast from the past. I believe most of us know Marcus AKA Sucram.

http://s274.photobucket.com/albums/jj253/jts1_album/Jeffs%20Home%20Vids/?action=view&current=DSCN0308.flv

AHHH ain't fishing great.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=15h...ec&usp=sharing
Old 10-28-2009, 08:02 PM

was hoping you would post that one Jeff LMAO

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 10-29-2009, 04:27 AM

One time at a walleye tournament we had a really big bbq, and someone forgot about the 20 or so ears of corn we had wrapped up on a bbq. We found them after everyone was done eating and had nothing to do with them, so I put them into a friends front livewell. He didn't find it until the afternoon of the first day, and had no clue where they came from.

A small handfull of nuts and bolts thrown on a guys boat floor can really get someone excited about nothing in a hurry.

I have never done it or had it happen to me, but I know guys who have had their livewells filled with beer cans and it wasn't discovered until the livewell inspection in the morning of a tournament. They really had to scramble to find a place for the empties.

Another time at a tournament I played a really good prank on some buddies that were staying together in a rented cabin. We had a poker game that went until about 1 in the morning, and before I left and everyone was getting ready for bed, I cranked up the heat in the cabin as far as it would go. By about 4 it was so hot in there no one could stand it, and in their drunken state it was very uncomfortable for everyone, so they stood outside for a long time that night in the cool fall air. They got me back though. Someone put a goldeye under the passenger side floormat (wich I found in a day) and it didn't smell too bad. Unfortunately they also put one behind my drivers seat in the pouch in the back and I found that one about five days later. I couldn't figure out where the smell was coming from, and it kept getting worse. After they pulled a grumpy old man trick on me with a fish in the back of a vehicle, we called a truce to end that one.

A half used tub of minnows can really smell up a livewell or a truck box even with the lid on if left in there over a hot day or two...

But the best by far, is as follows, and I might be guilty of this a time or two. You get your hands on your buddies favourite rod a reel, and then you pull off about 100 yards of line or so and cut the line. Then reel up 30 or so yards, and cut the line again. Reel up the next 30 and cut the line, and then reel up the remaining amount. he is going to tie on and cast out, and the line just flies away... He is going to be a little bit puzzled as to what happened, and play along. The second time will be pretty funny, and the third, you will be rolling around on the floor laughing your you know what off. It's best to do this one if there are a few people around.

Chris K
Old 10-29-2009, 10:18 AM

How did I know that was going to surface LOL. That still makes me laugh. And I still contend I was stoned from the fumes in the tent. Oh well glad I can entertain and I look forward to getting jts1 back this coming hard water season as I have a payback in the works already.
Old 10-29-2009, 05:07 PM

make sure you get video!

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

Old 10-30-2009, 02:33 PM

My favourite that I've done to clients and my grandfather has done to me. When you're driving the boat while trolling and people are sitting farther up in the boat holding their rods, wait for a time that they can't see you, then grab their line and give it a good tug. One guy got so excited that his attempt to stand up and set the hook almost sent him over the front of the boat.
Old 10-30-2009, 03:30 PM

HAHA, those are great.
Jeff I remember you coming out of the cube howling about what you guys did. Man was that ever funny.
Come to think of it, I had a prank pulled on me when out at spray withyou guys. does "HEY MATT A BIRD STOLE YOUR FISH" ring a bell?

I still lose bait that way.

UPS will fondle your animals!!
Old 10-30-2009, 04:05 PM

Years ago a buddy and I were bank fishing with weighted and baited lines and bells on our rod tips. We had been set-up about 15 feet apart just sitting waiting for a bite. Well, it was slow and my buddy got to exploring the shoreline...he was about 30 yards away the first time I rang the bell in my pocket....He looked up and asked if it was his.. to which I repled that "it wasn't mine". Well, after watching for a bit he went back to exploring again and when about 50 yds away I rang the pocket bell again.... He came racing back while I rang the bell every time he looked down. I could barely keep a straight face. He's al;l puffing and out of breath and reeels in his line to check the bait and gets set up all over again.
Well, it wasn't long before he decided to explore again and I had him running back and forth all afternoon.
About the fifth time, I could keep quiet anymore and was laffing my head off so bad, he knew something was up.
I was almost throttled when I showed him the bell in my pocket.
Old 10-30-2009, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishBrain View Post
HAHA, those are great.
Jeff I remember you coming out of the cube howling about what you guys did. Man was that ever funny.
Come to think of it, I had a prank pulled on me when out at spray withyou guys. does "HEY MATT A BIRD STOLE YOUR FISH" ring a bell?
LOL I am going to have to grow eyes on the back of my head this season I think. I just may b a marked man

https://drive.google.com/open?id=15h...ec&usp=sharing
Old 10-30-2009, 07:20 PM

Ha, these r gr8, keep em comin n thanx for posting!
Old 10-31-2009, 01:19 AM

I was fishing a eagle lake back in the early 80s with four other guys from work one morning after we all got off a night shift. Started home in the early afternoon three of us in the back of buddys 66 chev. The guy in the middle started to nod off then would wake up look around to see if we caught him so his head started to stay down a bit longer. I reached i my pocket and pulled out my bell quietly and put it on the front bill of his hat not long later he raised his head quickly from his nap the bell is ringing right in his face he shook his head at first still half a sleep then clued in good thing we stayed out of the rubarb. We all split a gut he never fell a sleep fishing again.Cheers Andy
Old 10-31-2009, 04:06 AM

So Ive done this one a once. Get a guy in the boat and trolling along , then suggest we switch to jigging or whatever then when he / she isn't paying attention slip a Cannon ball for down rigger Or anchor , let it slide down his / hers line . Then watch the following few moments after . might sound something like . HOLY CRAP I GOT ONE ALREADY .

Also As Chris had said the cutting of the line then re spooling it , thats one meant for when buddies gone to the crapper Because he couldnt hold it any longer .
Old 11-07-2009, 07:36 AM

we cant just let this thread die, got to be more than just a few of us out here???

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

Old 11-07-2009, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris K View Post

But the best by far, is as follows, and I might be guilty of this a time or two. You get your hands on your buddies favourite rod a reel, and then you pull off about 100 yards of line or so and cut the line. Then reel up 30 or so yards, and cut the line again. Reel up the next 30 and cut the line, and then reel up the remaining amount. he is going to tie on and cast out, and the line just flies away... He is going to be a little bit puzzled as to what happened, and play along. The second time will be pretty funny, and the third, you will be rolling around on the floor laughing your you know what off. It's best to do this one if there are a few people around.

Chris K
If someone did that to me, they would be bleeding, and swimming for the 3 lures I lost.
Old 11-08-2009, 05:59 AM
Banned

Fishing a river on Graham Island in the Queen Charlottes with a buddy and his wife's brother. I was a stand-in for the BinL's friend who had to beg off at the last minute. The BinL had gone up river and came back 3 hours later, skunked. I had gone that way the day before and reported back to say that there were no pools for several miles but the BinL was determined to prove me wrong. Arriving back at the beach on a great chinook pool where the pal and I had been having good luck casting a tea spoon, I moved out of the BinL's way and took a zigzag break, which made the BinL crazy. So, casting angrily downstream and reeling back, the BinL was hooking one salmon after the other, but he was setting his hook so hard he was "ripping their lips off". Every time his spinner would fly out of the water, past his conehead and into the trees behind him, wrapping itself around a cedar branch. Plus he was getting angrier by the minute because the pal and I were laughing way too hard and suddenly it was all our fault for wrecking his holiday. Running out of line, he finally set the hook on a 10lb salmon and was finally going to land a fish. Then the fish did the unexpected. Instead of running away, it was making a bee-line straight at him. He could not possibly reel fast enough until the silver was laying on the sand and the BinL was still reeling!! Believe it or not, this fish was still swimming right at him, but on the shore. The BinL was shouting "help me get my fish, help me get my fish!" so I hollered back "Just wait, it's trying to give you all the help you need" but he's on and on about getting some help while it is still making it's way closer to the lucky angler. After one more "help me get my fish", I said okay and booted the fish, harder than needed, and damn if that salmon didn't sprout wings and fly up into a cedar and wrap itself around and around a branch!! He was apoplectic and turned all red and it was probably a good thing that we weren't hunting! He calmed down after we had a sandwhich and I gave him 100 yards of monofilament to respool his reel. I will never forget the day that a salmon tried to commit suicide in Tom's pocket.
Old 11-08-2009, 09:18 AM

Last year my buddy was coming over to my house and we were going to head out to the Forks for some late season walleye fishing. I had all of my gear ready to go by my truck in the driveway and went inside the house to get the cooler. He arrived early and stole my highly treasured tackle box and hid it beside the house. So when I come out with the cooler I asked him if he already packed away my tackle box. He claimed he never saw it and I assumed one of the neighbour kids stole it and started to go ape. Five minutes watching me freak out at the prospect of replacing all of my tackle he produced my tackle box and laughed hysterically.
Old 11-08-2009, 10:11 AM

Quite a few years ago, I had two of my co-workers , who also hunted and fished together, in my boat.

Two of us were up front, and the one in the back said " Throw me the minnows, will ya?"

Well. Morris looked at me, I nodded, and poor Mikey got about 15 minnows thrown AT him !
Cat