Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 10-30-2009, 08:16 AM

Default Beaumont pond?

Gonna be working out in Beaumont for the next week or two...anybody know if the water's still open, and if it's worth bringing my gear out for a little after work fishing?

Time, it makes you old. Experience makes you wise. It's only a fool who judges life by what he sees in other peoples' eyes.
- Strung Out

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams
Old 10-30-2009, 08:39 AM

fished there few times in last years, never got any luck.
Old 10-31-2009, 08:22 AM

Well I ran into BBJ down by the river yesterday afternoon, and he told me that people have still been pulling trout out of the Beaumont pond, so I think i may try there after work today (weather permitting) or tomorrow

Any suggestions on what to try on these guys using my spinning gear? I've never really fished for trout before, stocked or otherwise. I'm thinking spinners and small spoons...or maybe dropping a couple worms down there, but I'm open to any suggestions

Time, it makes you old. Experience makes you wise. It's only a fool who judges life by what he sees in other peoples' eyes.
- Strung Out

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams
Old 10-31-2009, 06:48 PM

Small 5 of diamonds, rooster tails, wedding bands and mepps spinners work well. I still have the best luck with a hook, bobber and worm for trout.

"The problem was this little thing called the government and laws."
Old 10-31-2009, 09:43 PM

Well, I went by the pond early this afternoon, probably from around 2:30-3:30. I wandered around a little bit tossing out a 1/4oz shiny blue and silver Blue Fox spoon, but it was so bloody windy I only stayed around the one end of the pond where I could keep my back to the wind.

I'll probably try again around the end of the week, time and weather permitting. I don't know where in that little pond the fish would be hiding, so I'll have to work my way around properly next time, unless somebody can point me in the right direction

Anybody know how deep the pond gets? It looked fairly shallow, but I couldn't see too far out. It's also pretty weedy around shore, with a lot of dead weeds starting to build up.

- Strung Out

- Douglas Adams
Old 11-06-2009, 08:26 AM

Well, I think I might take one more stab at this tomorrow.

Just figured I'd ask one more time about this pond to see if anybody has any first hand experience out there.

It's a pretty small pond (not that I'm familiar with any other trout ponds) and according to the stocking report it was stocked with 3000 rainbows in May. I'm just wondering if it's possible that it's fished out by this late in the season, or if it's worth the drive out.

Thanks

- Strung Out

- Douglas Adams
Old 11-06-2009, 08:48 AM

the pond at Enchant is tiny, gets the same number of rainbows, but I still caught one the other day, so depending on the fishing pressure there might be a few left. I caught mine very close to shore in the shallows when I was perch fishing.

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 11-06-2009, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezle View Post
Well, I think I might take one more stab at this tomorrow.

Just figured I'd ask one more time about this pond to see if anybody has any first hand experience out there.

It's a pretty small pond (not that I'm familiar with any other trout ponds) and according to the stocking report it was stocked with 3000 rainbows in May. I'm just wondering if it's possible that it's fished out by this late in the season, or if it's worth the drive out.

Thanks
Theres probably half a dozen of them left in there. It ussually gets fished out in the first month and a half.
Old 11-06-2009, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C@RN@GE View Post
Theres probably half a dozen of them left in there. It ussually gets fished out in the first month and a half.
Well im almost certain that they stock it twice a year .
Old 11-06-2009, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBADJOHN View Post
Well im almost certain that they stock it twice a year .
yah they do but its ussually during the winter.
Old 11-06-2009, 01:27 PM

Quote:
yah they do but its ussually during the winter.
I dont think they stock in the winter if im not mistaken its late August or September . But dont quote me on that . Let me do some fishing around and ill get a confirmed answer for you .
Old 11-06-2009, 01:35 PM

Im wrong they only stock it once
http://www.mywildalberta.com/documen...eport-2009.pdf

page 8 PP2

Sport Fishing Zone: PP2 Red Deer / North Saskatchewan / Battle River Watershed
Location Month Number Species Ave. Genotype Length (cm)
BEAUMONT POND (27-50-24-W4) May 3,000 RNTR 2N 20
Old 11-06-2009, 01:38 PM

Quote:
That's what I was concerned about. It's a small pond and there's a lot of people living in close proximity, so I kind of expect that it's under a fair bit of pressure.

Now that I'm aware of it, I'll have to try to keep an eye on the stocking report and maybe hit it up while there's still some fishies left in there!

- Strung Out

- Douglas Adams
Old 11-06-2009, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezle View Post
That's what I was concerned about. It's a small pond and there's a lot of people living in close proximity, so I kind of expect that it's under a fair bit of pressure.

Now that I'm aware of it, I'll have to try to keep an eye on the stocking report and maybe hit it up while there's still some fishies left in there!
Jay pm me Ill give ya a better place then Beaumont pond wink wink And its not Morinville .
Old 11-06-2009, 01:43 PM

You've got mail

- Strung Out

- Douglas Adams
Old 11-06-2009, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBADJOHN View Post
Im wrong they only stock it once
http://www.mywildalberta.com/documen...eport-2009.pdf

page 8 PP2

Sport Fishing Zone: PP2 Red Deer / North Saskatchewan / Battle River Watershed
Location Month Number Species Ave. Genotype Length (cm)
BEAUMONT POND (27-50-24-W4) May 3,000 RNTR 2N 20
I'am not sure but i think it use to say it was stocked during winter in the barry micheal guide.
Old 11-06-2009, 06:11 PM

So I went by TFH again today to get a couple things, and I was talking to Garry about the Beaumont pond, and he told me that he had a guy come in just last week after he had watched them stock the pond.

Apparently the guy said that the stockers were around 9"-10" in size if that sounds about right?

- Strung Out

- Douglas Adams
Old 11-06-2009, 08:25 PM

I've heard the pothole lakes in the E-town area all have ice (at least around the shoreline). Is that not the case?
Old 11-06-2009, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wulfespirit View Post
I've heard the pothole lakes in the E-town area all have ice (at least around the shoreline). Is that not the case?
Doubt there's any ice on them right now...maybe a little in the morning, but I'm sure it'd be gone by the afternoon.

Last Saturday when I briefly went by the Beaumont pond around 2 in the afternoon there was no ice.

Should probably be okay for at least the next week or so (I hope) looking at the forecast the days are going to be reasonably warm, and the nights not too far below freezing.

- Strung Out

- Douglas Adams