Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 11-06-2009, 11:42 PM

Default Burdett Reservoir?

Anyone have any info on this? Supposedly there is Pike, Walleye, and Perch. After my failed trip to Enchant I'm looking for a place to go so my wife can catch her first fish.
Old 11-07-2009, 08:04 AM

Too bad the docks are out at PCR, its a long drive for you but she would get walleye for sure. I am looking at Burdett Reservoir in google earth, of course its in one of the crappy resolution areas, but it looks pretty small. Have you tried Rattlesnake? Its closer and a lot of people seem to catch fish there, according to discussions here on the board. Never tried it myself, (yet) . You might have some luck at the forks, I havent yet but I havent really fished it that hard yet, just did some exploring. If you turn right at the registration station you will come down to the beach, I always end up finding a new areas because I have a tendancy to take the wrong roads
Enchant is supposed to be plus 9 and winds of 25 Km Sunday, Im probably hitting the pond again, you can use the trees on the corner for a windbreak and catch fish. (well, we can, dont know about your wife) Tell her my wife's first fish this spring was a 20 pound pike, mine was all of 3 or 4 pounds, maybe that will make her feel better. and I just got her into fishing last year.

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich

Last edited by WayneChristie; 11-07-2009 at 08:05 AM. Reason: hard to spell with only one eye open
Old 11-07-2009, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneChristie View Post
Too bad the docks are out at PCR, its a long drive for you but she would get walleye for sure. I am looking at Burdett Reservoir in google earth, of course its in one of the crappy resolution areas, but it looks pretty small. Have you tried Rattlesnake? Its closer and a lot of people seem to catch fish there, according to discussions here on the board. Never tried it myself, (yet) . You might have some luck at the forks, I havent yet but I havent really fished it that hard yet, just did some exploring. If you turn right at the registration station you will come down to the beach, I always end up finding a new areas because I have a tendancy to take the wrong roads
Enchant is supposed to be plus 9 and winds of 25 Km Sunday, Im probably hitting the pond again, you can use the trees on the corner for a windbreak and catch fish. (well, we can, dont know about your wife) Tell her my wife's first fish this spring was a 20 pound pike, mine was all of 3 or 4 pounds, maybe that will make her feel better. and I just got her into fishing last year.
Wayne,

I was out at Rattlesnake a week ago or so with a buddy, and it was insanely windy. We could barely cast into the areas we were targeting.

We're thinking of heading up to Enchant tomorrow as well, we'll probably get there around noonish once we drop the kid off with my folks.

My wife is hoping her first fish will be like the first time I took her shooting. She shot a 5 round grouping into about 1.5" at 50 yards with my .22. She asked if that was good or not, I said yes, yes it is!
Old 11-07-2009, 04:16 PM

well if you bring the .22 remind me to let her catch more than me!!

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 11-07-2009, 09:36 PM

Grab yourself a pack or two of smelts/minnows and head out to Rattlesnake.
Now till middle of December has been the best fishing out there the last couple of years for pike.
Personal favorite spot is the narrows but the sandy area by the boat launch or off the dam(new or west one) is good too.
This time of year I have way more luck with bait than lures for the pike......
Old 11-07-2009, 10:11 PM

South picnic area of PCR.. over by the campsite. Take minnows / shinners.. Great spot.. just get over the weed bed. You will reconize it by the outhouse
Old 11-07-2009, 10:23 PM

Thanks for the tips guys. Madatter, I'll have to give that a try. When we were there we were both using a 5 of diamonds.