Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 01-15-2019, 06:12 PM
AO Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingrat View Post
Well pretty well all of sask and alberta are reporting lower numbers than normal except Marty, so theres our answers. Marty is catching them all. Some pics would be nice Marty it's the least you could do.
The reason they are harder to catch is there is an army of folks out there harvesting with better gear than ever in history!

Picts... not a good idea. Tho it does substantiate big claims they also garner much jealousy for some unknown reason. Don’t be jealous, never helps, just get to it. Study up and work hard, etc.
Old 01-15-2019, 07:38 PM
Banned

Marty, I saw your ad on the coyote hunters Facebook page looking for coyotes. Maybe someone will have 50 for you to pick up.

Lots of fur buyers aggressively advertising for coyotes right now. I guess that they aren’t busy enough putting up their own Yotes and those from their regular customers. High speed wobble time......fur could start getting rubbed any day now. Yikes!
Old 01-16-2019, 01:26 PM
AO Sponsor

Ok Kingrat... I will relent once for you! Hate to disappoint!!! Here is a photo of one memorable day in the field. I remember it very well, in fact for some strange reason it stands out in my mind as though it were yesterday... all kinds of yucky IIs. All snared, none bought.

I do question my sanity on buying a few coyotes, Davey. You are right, I am stretching myself thin but it’s not so bad, pick a few up here and there. But the skinning, always someone looking for a little work here and there, I do farm some skinning out here and there.

Always a challenge tho to try and fit someone else’s shot coyotes in the back of the truck after a long day’s work. They sure stack better than my snared ones tho.
Old 01-16-2019, 02:33 PM

Lol thanks Marty. It would be nice if we could post photos and not have to worry about other people's reactions/jealousy over extreme hard work. Or whatever it may be.
Old 01-16-2019, 07:35 PM
AO Sponsor

Like child’s play?