Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 01-21-2019, 11:39 PM

Default Help please - Slave Lake Joussard area

Hi all

I am headed up to Joussard the first and third weekend of feb and I would really appreciate some guidance when it come to ice fishing. For the last 25 years plus I have fished out of Joussard in June and July with my Dad and feel very comfortable with the area in the summer but I have never been up in the winter. Last year my oldest buddy bought a cabin up there and we are planning on heading up there feb 1 for the weekend. Other the looking for looking for the largest congestion of tents and shacks can someone please help on where to set up in general. I know the area but not familiar with some of the location names used in the winter. On the third weekend another buddy invited to a “tournament” or get together where they rented shacks based from joussard. Any idea where these shacks are located on the lake. Also any help on what to bring up for jigs or tackle and bait would be appreciated

Thanks

TUNA
Old 01-22-2019, 12:48 AM

Use your extensive knowledge from fishing the area over the last 25 years and apply it to ice fishing.
Old 01-22-2019, 08:06 AM

I’ve always found fishing slow there in the winter but everyone fishes the ridge. Get a contour map check it out you’ll see everyone there find a spot punch a joke enjoy the day.
Old 01-22-2019, 09:55 AM

If you plan on exploring, be aware of large gas holes that exist in this area.