Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 01-22-2019, 08:06 AM

Default Shotgun hunting question?

So I believe it is legal but want a second opinion. I will be going bunny hunting this weekend and want to bring my 20ga defender to use. I do not believe there is any restrictions hunting with a defender for bunnies is there?

Thanks for your help
TAD40
Old 01-22-2019, 09:57 AM

I hate to be that guy, but do you see any relevant restrictions in the regulations?

What would you say if there was a restriction but someone on AO said there was not and you went out and got caught breaking that restriction?

Anything with legal weight must be identified and interpreted personally because we are all held personally responsible.

Learning the right or wrong answer from someone else actually does you no good when it comes to the law.

When i was brand new to all this someone with considerably more knowledge and experience than me said you can hunt any Bighorn sheep smaller than trophy horn size with a non trophy tag. The only thing that stopped me from pulling the trigger on a juvenile ram ( as I was looking at said ram) was a little voice in my head that said "this seems weird, maybe I should read the rules myself". Its an embarrassing story to share but an important lesson.
Old 01-22-2019, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrow397 View Post
I hate to be that guy, but do you see any relevant restrictions in the regulations?

What would you say if there was a restriction but someone on AO said there was not and you went out and got caught breaking that restriction?

Anything with legal weight must be identified and interpreted personally because we are all held personally responsible.

Learning the right or wrong answer from someone else actually does you no good when it comes to the law.

When i was brand new to all this someone with considerably more knowledge and experience than me said you can hunt any Bighorn sheep smaller than trophy horn size with a non trophy tag. The only thing that stopped me from pulling the trigger on a juvenile ram ( as I was looking at said ram) was a little voice in my head that said "this seems weird, maybe I should read the rules myself". Its an embarrassing story to share but an important lesson.
He was simply asking a question
Old 01-22-2019, 10:42 AM

You're fine, enjoy the hunt.