Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-29-2022, 07:53 AM

Lions Vs riders tonight. Being a brute for punishment I have beer on the Riders.
Fjardo is starting , Duke , Marshall and others are back. Hopefully the O line , who couldn't block the cheerleaders, has improved.
Riders have 8 straight games Vs divisional opponents , now or never.
Old 07-29-2022, 08:31 AM

My heart is always green however I didn't have a lot of faith in Cody even when he was healthy, a QB that can't scramble without a decent O line is a sitting duck.
BC's young gunslinger is a real threat coupled with an impress lineup of receivers could spell doom for the Riders.

Oh well the beer will be cold Pastrami's in the smoker Go Riders!
Old 07-30-2022, 07:42 AM

Ugghh. I like Dickenson but he's on thin ice. Jesus [Fjardo] talks a big game to media. Same old same old 5 two and outs in second half and sixth possession ended up in interception. Lions 433 yds , Riders 226..total. Ughh. Throws one maybe two decent passes a game and said post game "footballs not everything and wants to go home and see wife" He doesn't bleed green. Rourke or anyone close to him would look real good in green.
Meanwhile, Roughriders general manager and vice-president Jeremy O’Day has miraculously managed to assemble a group of offensive linemen who are worse than the tinfoil turnstiles of last season.

Last edited by Ackleyman; 07-30-2022 at 08:09 AM.
Old 07-30-2022, 08:37 AM

WOOHOO!!! Go Lions!!!
Old 07-30-2022, 09:26 AM

I don’t what they do at half time a different team came out to play the last half, the O line was terrible the defence ran out of gas Rourk was knitting sweaters and signing autographs nobody was chasing him.
Mass only has a few well known plays if the ground play on first down goes nowhere we throw a 30 yard pass toward the sideline for a gain of one.
Winning another home cup is fast becoming a pipe dream.
Old 07-30-2022, 04:46 PM

Default RIDERS headed to the CROSSOVER

The weakest O-Line I've seen in recent memory.

At some point O'Day has to wear this!

Jeremey O'Day is made of teflon, it's quite unbelievable at this point.

I'm very frustrated. The Eastern Crossover spot might be a blessing in disguise.
Old 07-30-2022, 09:41 PM

Default Bombers come through in Calgary

I thought the Blue Bombers would be in tough against the Stampeders tonight, but they played really well considering their injuries, road game and Calgary well rested. Dempsky had a pretty good game as did Collaros. They now have more wins than the Eastern Conference teams combined.
Old 08-01-2022, 06:33 PM

And Ottawa is only one game outta the playoff picture as they finally won a game.
Our Rider O line is a tad weak.
Old 08-06-2022, 12:06 AM

What a sloppy dog sheet game between Stamps and Redblacks.
Wouldn't of paid 2 cents to watch it.
Old 08-06-2022, 01:06 PM

Montreal was doing good against the Peggers ....until things went South in the 4th quarter.
On a side note if I was sitting next to the knucklehead with that horn he would've been wearing it they really need a no horn rule.
Old 08-06-2022, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat119 View Post
Montreal was doing good against the Peggers ....until things went South in the 4th quarter.
On a side note if I was sitting next to the knucklehead with that horn he would've been wearing it they really need a no horn rule.
Yup. There were a bunch of complaints about that horn online. It makes any Montreal home games unwatchable. I’m a die hard Rider fan but thought I’d check out the game. Saw the score, heard that horn and changed the channel immediately. Haha
Old 08-06-2022, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat119 View Post
Ha , my exact thoughts. The horn dummy was grinding me trying to watch game. Couldn't imagine sitting anywhere near the bone head.
Old 08-06-2022, 08:11 PM

Most if not all CFL stadiums outside of Mtl do not allow powered noisemakers into said stadium. Quebec making up their own rules as per usual.
Old 08-07-2022, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cacty View Post
The weakest O-Line I've seen in recent memory.

At some point O'Day has to wear this!

Jeremey O'Day is made of teflon, it's quite unbelievable at this point.

I'm very frustrated. The Eastern Crossover spot might be a blessing in disguise.
The way things are shaping up the Riders doing the crossover is very possible. If ,, somehow they miraculously won the East they would play in the Grey Cup in their new stadium, with all the buzz, as the "visiting team." That's twisted , but so are the Riders.
Old 08-07-2022, 09:11 PM

The probability of a crossover spot for the riders is high. I think the chances of playing in the west finals are razor thin at this point. The team has been trending in the wrong direction and the rest of their schedule is pretty tough. Even the crossover could be a problem, I think Montreal and Hamilton both have much easier schedules down the stretch. It's hard to really plan things out in such a manner but ideally the team squeaks into that crossover spot doing the bare minimum necessary when it comes to putting their player's health at risk. They are basically a team that needs to be 100% healthy and playing nearly perfect football on special teams and defence in order to even have a chance because even calling the offence mediocre at best is being generous.
Old 08-07-2022, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova View Post
The probability of a crossover spot for the riders is high. I think the chances of playing in the west finals are razor thin at this point. The team has been trending in the wrong direction and the rest of their schedule is pretty tough. Even the crossover could be a problem, I think Montreal and Hamilton both have much easier schedules down the stretch. It's hard to really plan things out in such a manner but ideally the team squeaks into that crossover spot doing the bare minimum necessary when it comes to putting their player's health at risk. They are basically a team that needs to be 100% healthy and playing nearly perfect football on special teams and defence in order to even have a chance because even calling the offence mediocre at best is being generous.

Tough to win with the patchwork team that's been on the field the last few games thanks to injuries and suspensions. Missing 3 of their 4 starting D linemen, two key receivers, and Fajardo on the limp and playing at around 60%. The covid bout took its toll as well. To top it off the Oline has been pathetic for 2 years now at pass blocking.

If they can find a way to squeak into a playoff position I don't mind their chances with the running game on board when the cold weather hits.
Old 08-08-2022, 07:15 AM

Fjardo is a great example of the proverbial Flash in a pan.
Jamal Morrow is CFL leading rusher, need the fat guys to block for him better and that would be big for a soft offence.
Elks are up next then Lions twice and Bombers twice.
The D and special teams have to come up big or I don't like their chances in any of them.
Injuries certainly do not help matters but all teams deal with them.

Last edited by Ackleyman; 08-08-2022 at 07:29 AM.
Old 08-11-2022, 10:22 PM

Bombers FG kicker had a tough one. Gotta hit them when it counts.
Old 08-12-2022, 06:29 AM

Bombers missed their chance for a record season however Leggio set a new record for missing the game winning field goal twice in one game.

It's a strange season this year
Old 08-13-2022, 11:00 AM

I think Bombers coach Mike O' Shea should actually be wearing the goat horns instead of kicker Leggio. All they had to do was punt the ball thru the end-zone for a single and game over. The first missed FG in regulation time and possible game winner was only 32 yds. Punter coulda buried it.
Old 08-13-2022, 04:06 PM

Good on the Als for the W, the entire league outside Wpg was cheering for them

I do not see the Elks losing to an average team at best that is missing major contributors on O and D. I hope I'm wrong but I have Edm over Sask.

The crossover is the way to the GC, whether it's EDM or SASK.
Old 08-13-2022, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cacty View Post
I do not see the Elks losing to an average team at best that is missing major contributors on O and D. I hope I'm wrong but I have Edm over Sask.
Elks are the second worst team in the league with a whopping 2 pt lead over Ottawa. I can seem them loosing to anyone, anytime.
Old 08-13-2022, 07:40 PM

Go Calgary!

They'd better not put up 40 pts and lose.
Old 08-13-2022, 08:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
Go Calgary!

They'd better not put up 40 pts and lose.
Well they lost 41-40
Old 08-13-2022, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyBoBandy View Post
Well they lost 41-40
Come on defense!
Old 08-13-2022, 08:25 PM

Good game in cowtown!! Now lets see if the Esks can make a game of it at home. Good 1st run with a td!! Litre ate up lots of the field himself.
Old 08-13-2022, 09:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
Come on defense!
Great game either way !!
Old 08-13-2022, 09:32 PM

Is KFC a sponsor for Calgary?
They look like it.
Old 08-14-2022, 08:48 AM

The Sask -Eskimo's game coulda gone either way. The botched hand-off when they were pressing and late interception were killers. Eskimo's had 100 more yds total offence. I think that Cornelious has potential , good arm strength and he can gallup. Get a few more games under the belt and we will see.
Old 08-14-2022, 11:38 AM

BC/Stamps game made our game look like the amateur hour sure we won big deal. Mr. happy feet only completed a few lame duck passes, the O line is pathetic, more stupid penalties. Next week will not be pretty