Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 08-07-2022, 06:40 PM

The part that makes me laugh out loud is 'I am going to tell everyone, will ruin your business, none of my friends will deal with you.....' blah blah whine snivel.

Always the same bs from bullys. In person they run afafp in the opposite direction, but oh so brave behind a keyboard.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 08-07-2022, 07:02 PM

Default Bob's Help

This after Bob has been helping me all weekend long sort through a tire and rim issue. I've used Bob's tire store 3 times and referred friends as well, all very very satisfying experiences. Thanks Bob.
Old 08-07-2022, 08:35 PM

TireBob, never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you up with experience. End of the story.
And grow a thick skin. Especially in the online digital world.
You are doing a fine job here and in real life and have nothing to worry about.
Old 08-07-2022, 10:11 PM

TireBob, I’m with the rest of the fine folk on here… if someone’s being a jerk to you (especially when you’re doing the right thing) just remember that there are a pile of us who stand behind you and your business. Happy customer here!
Old 08-07-2022, 10:37 PM

This reminds me of an article I read recently about problems people on reddit were having: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...tors-1.6179120

Sorry the trolls got funky with you, sadly seems like too many people are overly excited to try to hurt people. You're doing great. Keep your pecker up!
Old 08-07-2022, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bessiedog View Post
Bud
You mail me sun o dat yummy brisket and Jenn’s cornbread….

An I’ll write ya 10 positive reviews to every one douchbag review.

Heck .... throw in a couple beers and I'll go ball peen hammer his knuckles - how's he going to type a bad review with both hands in casts ????.... lol .... just teasing !!!! kidding ..... ok bad joke.

Bob, you have a great business and great reputation. There are all sorts of angry people who are clearly unable to control their own emotions. You can't change that.

You did the right thing ..... don't sweat it bud.
Old 08-08-2022, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
The part that makes me laugh out loud is 'I am going to tell everyone, will ruin your business, none of my friends will deal with you.....' blah blah whine snivel.

Always the same bs from bullys. In person they run afafp in the opposite direction, but oh so brave behind a keyboard.
The irony of this, is that these cousinluvin wingnuts don't have any friends to share this with?

BW
Old 08-08-2022, 11:41 AM
AO Sponsor

Thanks again to you all for the generous comments and compliments all! It really does do a heart good to see such support when you are trying your level best to be a decent person and do the right thing. It isn't always easy and none of us are perfect but as long as we all keep trying to do those right things we will all get to where we need to be by the end of the ride!
Bay #6, 1303 44th ave NE
Calgary AB, T2E6L5
bobbybirds@icloud.com
www.urbanexp.ca

Leviticus 23: 4-18: "he that scopeth a lever, or thou allow a scope to lie with a lever as it would lie with a bolt action, shall have created an abomination and shall perish in the fires of Hell forever and ever.....plus GST" - huntinstuff April 07/23
Old 08-08-2022, 11:59 AM

I’m threatening TireBob to some day sit down for wings & a pint.
Old 08-08-2022, 12:04 PM
AO Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
I’m threatening TireBob to some day sit down for wings & a pint.
I would consider it an honour!
Bay #6, 1303 44th ave NE
Calgary AB, T2E6L5
bobbybirds@icloud.com
www.urbanexp.ca

Leviticus 23: 4-18: "he that scopeth a lever, or thou allow a scope to lie with a lever as it would lie with a bolt action, shall have created an abomination and shall perish in the fires of Hell forever and ever.....plus GST" - huntinstuff April 07/23
Old 08-08-2022, 02:40 PM

some peoples children lol

YouTube:@huyfishin Fishing Videos!

Respect wildlife
Old 08-08-2022, 03:06 PM

probably some punk millennial that had his trust fund allowance taken away...... there is one in every crowd!

He's used to getting his way with his parents but can't understand why the world doesn't drop to their knees and start the session when he starts talking?

what a loser!
Old 08-09-2022, 07:31 AM

Send him my way and I'll fix his little red wagon
What a "D" wad.
Old 08-09-2022, 05:19 PM

Unfortunately it’s a mistake you made by not protecting your personal and business identity. Cancel culture is among us. It’s much better to be anonymous especially when doing a moderator job.
Old 08-09-2022, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinefredCommander View Post
Unfortunately it’s a mistake you made by not protecting your personal and business identity. Cancel culture is among us. It’s much better to be anonymous especially when doing a moderator job.
He was a sponsor first. Was that a mistake? It's helped his business, this forum, and a lot of grateful AO members.

Then he became a mod. Was that a mistake, to volunteer his time to keep this place civil? Arguably it was, not because he isn't good at it, but because we have problem children that can't play nice.

But I'm sure Bob appreciates your wisdom.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 08-09-2022, 06:59 PM

Just some Dkwad blowing off some steam. Let him have his moment and pay no attention to him. Water off a ducks back. Nothing will come of it and he’ll go on his merry way trying to make someone else’s life as miserable as his…

If not…well, hunting season starts early….😃
Old 08-09-2022, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Positrac View Post

If not…well, hunting season starts early….😃
Do you have your hunter safety done yet Tirebob? That 30-06 is itching for its first deer I’m betting.
Old 08-09-2022, 07:09 PM

I have it on good authority that Bob has his WIN# and is all set up for hunting season.

I'm only answering for him because he seems to be offline at the moment, not answering my texts or watching the Jays game with me.....

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 08-09-2022, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
Hi all,

So first let me say that I am not the type of person to cry "Oh woah is me!" but I have just had an experience as a moderator that leaves me incredibly disappointed in some people...

Earlier today, an unnamed "new" (or return) member with absolutely no history or even a single post, came into the general section and created a brand new thread that was a full on attack on a local Airdrie business. The business is not a sponsor here or anything like that, but I felt that it is not something appropriate as the member literally had never made a single post prior and starts out with a potentially slanderous attack on a local business and we have no way of confirming the validity. This is the type of post that can lead down a road to libel and is not something that should be condoned or it likely becomes a free-for-all for people who just want to hurt a business unreasonably. If the member had been someone we have a bit of a relationship with as a forum or a track record it would be one thing, but they do not at all.

As such, I chose to delete it and send a polite PM to said member explaining why I chose to remove the thread. I explained that as a new member and as a lead off introduction thread/post we can't in good conscience let it stay live. I continued to say that we have to be careful as these types of threads can be construed as slanderous and whether true or not the member would need to put in a bit of time becoming a member of the community as it is far too easy for businesses to become the victims of an unwarranted grudge with no way to verify if random people can just sign up to do hurt and disappear. I apologized and encourage him to continue participating in the forums and we would value his membership.

Low and behold, he replied three times consecutively telling me to "go blank myself."

Then the next one he was never going to buy from sponsors who continue to support the AO forums and "will let them all know".

The last and final reply (I had not replied to any of the previous ones) he straight up said he is in the automotive business same as me and will never send any of his clients my way and that he will go onto google and "leave a fitting review about your business and you will not be able to remove that one!"

Seriously... What the hell? This guy is willing to try and do his bit to ruin not only a business that is not mine, and when my reasoning was that it is too easy to slander a reputable business, his answer is to say he is going to do exactly that to my business?

How does this kind of crap even seem remotely reasonable? I mean I may not be everyones cup of tea, but I think it is pretty obvious I am a reasonable, approachable individual and moderator, yet this guy can't be a man and talk to me if he disagrees and try and explain, or just say he understands or even just say he disagrees. He jumps from zero to threatening my business reputation, which also threatens my employees reputations, and the families they support.

What is wrong with people? Man this being a Mod is not all champagne and benjamins! Normally I just let this stuff slide (not the first time I have had to deal with other donkey's who think we just do this stuff for fun and that we are everyones whipping boy), but this one got under my skin. I just thought this might be a good example of how NOT to work out your grievances with a Mod and expect to stay on good terms...

Rant over... And sorry for the spiel!
That clown sounds like a complete dud, but definitely should be banned for threatening to ruin your livelihood, like really, that’s threatening to take food out your kids mouths!!
Old 08-09-2022, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
... I'm only answering for him because he seems to be offline at the moment, not answering my texts or watching the Jays game with me.....
Oh oh. Worried he's gone full bore Otis on us again. Oh dear.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
Old 08-09-2022, 07:35 PM

Quote:
I have it on good authority that Bob has his WIN# and is all set up for hunting season.

I'm only answering for him because he seems to be offline at the moment, not answering my texts or watching the Jays game with me.....
Good to hear. Are you guiding him out in GP this year?
Old 08-09-2022, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperMOA View Post

Tirebob is smack dab in the middle of deer country. The good stuff where you don’t have to ask permission. Crown land baby.
Old 08-09-2022, 07:46 PM

Quote:
He was a sponsor first. Was that a mistake? It's helped his business, this forum, and a lot of grateful AO members.

Then he became a mod. Was that a mistake, to volunteer his time to keep this place civil? Arguably it was, not because he isn't good at it, but because we have problem children that can't play nice.

But I'm sure Bob appreciates your wisdom.
Not saying it’s right TC. Its quite pathetic but that’s the society we live in today..
Old 08-09-2022, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
Tirebob is smack dab in the middle of deer country. The good stuff where you don’t have to ask permission. Crown land baby.
No doubt, but the first years of hunting is nice to be guided and assistance with a first gutting and such. Just thought he may be going on a guided hunt with one of the other fellas before knocking all the deer down near him.

YouTube is nowhere near the mentor as a good friend. Campfires are much nicer with friends than you tube too. 😀
Old 08-09-2022, 07:55 PM

Quote:
No doubt, but the first years of hunting is nice to be guided and assistance with a first gutting and such. Just thought he may be going on a guided hunt with one of the other fellas before knocking all the deer down near him.

YouTube is nowhere near the mentor as a good friend. Campfires are much nicer with friends than you tube too. 😀
I haven’t told him, but who knows. I may have to show up one evening and help him get some fat and blood under his fingernails. He and his wife are damn gracious hosts of the highest order. It’s not a bad place to bunk out. I even had my own private sleeping quarters.

Anyone near Cremona who gots a little honey hole they wanna offer up to old Bobby B to pop his cherry?

I’d say with the crap he’s had to put up with, a nice gesture like that would see good juju come back your way.

Last edited by sns2; 08-09-2022 at 08:01 PM.
Old 08-09-2022, 07:57 PM

Quote:
I would be happy to, but I think Bessiedog is gonna guide him this year. Closer to home.

Quote:
Not saying it’s right TC. Its quite pathetic but that’s the society we live in today..
Fair enough. And unfortunately accurate.

Old 08-09-2022, 08:06 PM

Quote:
I would be happy to, but I think Bessiedog is gonna guide him this year. Closer to home.
Good for them.
Old 08-09-2022, 08:09 PM
AO Sponsor

Quote:
No you are quite right sir… The online world is a Wild West type place and rules of common sense and decency seem to not apply. It is brutal really.

The issue for me was I was a member long before I was a sponsor, and I was a sponsor long before I was a Moderator. It is hard to use a different profile and build the same reputation up to do the job if I changed names now. Besides, while it does have a few downsides like that last incident, overall I consider myself incredibly fortunate to meet the amazing people I have from this community, and I really have no desire to portray anything other than the real me for people I consider friends, even if it is only online.
Bay #6, 1303 44th ave NE
Calgary AB, T2E6L5
bobbybirds@icloud.com
www.urbanexp.ca

Old 08-09-2022, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
No you are quite right sir… The online world is a Wild West type place and rules of common sense and decency seem to not apply. It is brutal really.

The issue for me was I was a member long before I was a sponsor, and I was a sponsor long before I was a Moderator. It is hard to use a different profile and build the same reputation up to do the job if I changed names now. Besides, while it does have a few downsides like that last incident, overall I consider myself incredibly fortunate to meet the amazing people I have from this community, and I really have no desire to portray anything other than the real me for people I consider friends, even if it is only online.

I think you should start an alter identity like 5200 other guys. In your next username you can be a gynaecologist. After being a mod for this long, it’s become your specialty.
Old 08-10-2022, 07:38 AM

Was the Airdrie Business in question Paul's pizza ? They seem to be a lightning rod for attracting kooks, weirdo's and internet bullies .