Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 08-12-2022, 05:02 PM

Default Post for my daughter fundraising

Hope it is ok to post this here.

Hey everyone,

I am posting for my daughter who is 13.
Caylee for years now has been in love with Tae-Kwon-Do. She has grown and evolved so much over the years. She obtained her black belt but that was just the beginning of her journey in the sport.

We relocated to the Edmonton area just so she could advance herself in the sport which has paid off greatly. She has competed in every tournament she could enter and has normally walked away with golds. Some tournaments she has fought bigger older opponents due to her height and skill level which one time ended with her having a broken arm. But, only a couple days after she was back training.

There is no quit in her, through injuries and other challenges she never gives up. The dedication she presents is what every parent dreams there child will have.

With 2023 approaching she has entered a whole new level which most never make it to. She will be heading to Vernon BC, Nationals (Toronto), Canada open, U.S open (Las Vegas) and worlds which could be anywhere from Belgium to Costa rica, we do not know 100% until locations are announced.

Like any sport it comes with costs. Due to not having huge teams (Normally just 1 or two people making it this far)the club relys on donations, billets, etc. My daughter being the independant type she is wants to raise her own funds.

She is looking for farm work, babysitting (which she has experience in) or anything to make some money to save up. She will also accept bottles. She trains 5-6 days a week but has Friday and Saturdays free.

This is her dream so we are doing what we can to help her and with her being so independant she likes doing alot of it on her own.

If you have odd jobs or any type of work, or would like to help in any way please email her at Huntercaylee@gmail.com or pm me.

Everything is/will be monitered by us and her safety is of utmost importantce.

Thanks for reading

My daughter is in the red in this video vs a few opponents and this is after she was asked to turn it down a knotch due to outpointing all her opponents by a vast amount. Also with head contact shes been a machine! (Have to press the video for audio once started)

https://imgur.com/a/ausMXht
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20220812_170005.jpg (70.4 KB, 160 views)
Old 08-12-2022, 05:13 PM

Congratulations, and it is truly amazing to watch your kids excell, isn't it?

I especially appreciate that Caylee wants to work to pay her way, kudos to her for that. I expect she will do very well with that also.

Since I'm not anyplace where she can work for me, but I'd like to support her, can you maybe post where I, and other AO members, could send a donation?

Great video, she is a tiger!

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 08-12-2022, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
Congratulations, and it is truly amazing to watch your kids excell, isn't it?

I especially appreciate that Caylee wants to work to pay her way, kudos to her for that. I expect she will do very well with that also.

Since I'm not anyplace where she can work for me, but I'd like to support her, can you maybe post where I, and other AO members, could send a donation?

Great video, she is a tiger!

Thanks for the compliments on her. While sweet in person she has a switch that turns while in the ring LOL.

Her email is Huntercaylee@gmail.com if anyone wanted to donate.

I have not done many things right in life but I can say I have raised some fine kids. When she wants something she never asks for money, but she will ask what she can do to earn that money. In my eyes that is a great thing.
Old 08-12-2022, 05:26 PM

A few more pictures so you have an idea of her hobbies. We spend a vast amount of time hiking/mountain climbing. She loves hunting and fly fishing. And yes the one picture is her with a chicken she trained to walk on a leash
Old 08-12-2022, 05:27 PM
AO Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutbug View Post
Thanks for the compliments on her. While sweet in person she has a switch that turns while in the ring LOL.

Her email is Huntercaylee@gmail.com if anyone wanted to donate.

I have not done many things right in life but I can say I have raised some fine kids. When she wants something she never asks for money, but she will ask what she can do to earn that money. In my eyes that is a great thing.
PM sent!

And congrats to your kid and her athletic pursuits!
Bay #6, 1303 44th ave NE
Calgary AB, T2E6L5
bobbybirds@icloud.com
www.urbanexp.ca

Leviticus 23: 4-18: "he that scopeth a lever, or thou allow a scope to lie with a lever as it would lie with a bolt action, shall have created an abomination and shall perish in the fires of Hell forever and ever.....plus GST" - huntinstuff April 07/23
Old 08-12-2022, 05:53 PM

Done! And best of luck to her! I'd pay big bucks to see her square off with our PM for charity....

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone

Last edited by Twisted Canuck; 08-12-2022 at 07:53 PM.
Old 08-12-2022, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
Done! And best of luck to her! I'm pay big bucks to see her square off with our PM for charity....
She wants to......honestly...hates the guy....lol
Old 08-12-2022, 06:39 PM

There is nothing makes the parents more proud than a great kid! It looks like you did very well! Great kid with an outstanding skills and approach of life. She will do well.
As for the side income- she can fight and she can shoot…. She is like a female version of John Wick Should be easy to score a few bucks, lol!
Old 08-12-2022, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGB View Post
There is nothing makes the parents more proud than a great kid! It looks like you did very well! Great kid with an outstanding skills and approach of life. She will do well.
As for the side income- she can fight and she can shoot…. She is like a female version of John Wick Should be easy to score a few bucks, lol!
Nothing brings me more joy than watching my kids succeed.

She could be the next Gina Carano LOL

Shes naturally good at everything it seems. Her athleticism is insane. She tried track and field this year and ended up winning medals in running and hurdles while travelling to different schools to compete. She is very tall for her age,
Old 08-13-2022, 07:50 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Great to see, huge life skills being taught and played out, you gotta work hard and apply yourself to see positive results, not always end the way you want but learn from it and go at it again.
Wish the best for the young lady!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 08-14-2022, 02:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
Great to see, huge life skills being taught and played out, you gotta work hard and apply yourself to see positive results, not always end the way you want but learn from it and go at it again.
Wish the best for the young lady!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you! She has definitley had ups and downs but has always had a great approach to any situation.

I have preached that over and over and both my girls know nothing is free and you have to work to see results. They will do good in life.