Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-28-2019, 11:06 PM

Sharks, 0-7.
Old 03-28-2019, 11:10 PM

Nice, Sharks for the loss..
Old 03-29-2019, 09:11 AM

Probably Smith starting today hey.
Old 03-29-2019, 10:46 AM

I believe so....time to put the nail in the coffin and put another two points between us and the Sharks. I don't see anyway they come back from an 8 point deficit. The boys need to snap out of their funk and score some goals. I think the history with the Ducks should do the trick to get them motivated, there is some real hate there as well. I just think of Perry, and the hate bubbles up in me....

This Shark skid is bizarre to me, out of those 7 straight losses I would have thought 4 of them would have been wins for sure. Go figure. Not complaining about it either, this has to be getting in their heads coming into playoffs. Grip those sticks a little tighter boys!

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 03-29-2019, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
This Shark skid is bizarre to me, out of those 7 straight losses I would have thought 4 of them would have been wins for sure. Go figure. Not complaining about it either, this has to be getting in their heads coming into playoffs. Grip those sticks a little tighter boys!
Flames, Sharks, and Knights are now 0-12 in their last combined, 2, 7, and 3 combined games, respectively. Trace amounts of Edmonton water getting in there somehow?
Old 03-29-2019, 11:14 AM

Quote:
I believe so....time to put the nail in the coffin and put another two points between us and the Sharks. I don't see anyway they come back from an 8 point deficit. The boys need to snap out of their funk and score some goals. I think the history with the Ducks should do the trick to get them motivated, there is some real hate there as well. I just think of Perry, and the hate bubbles up in me....

As it stands now if Calgary beats the Avs in the first round they will be playing either the Sharks or Vegas in the 2nd round. If I am a Flames fan, I think I would be hoping to play the Sharks. At the very least you want them to do well against Vegas and beat each other up a little.
Old 03-29-2019, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan's dad View Post
As it stands now if Calgary beats the Avs in the first round they will be playing either the Sharks or Vegas in the 2nd round. If I am a Flames fan, I think I would be hoping to play the Sharks. At the very least you want them to do well against Vegas and beat each other up a little.
If it goes that way (hopefully you are correct) I think the Flames do better playing a beat up and tired Vegas team than the Sharks. Purely an intuitive feeling, haven't checked the years stats but think the Flames have a better chance with Vegas than Sharks. Maybe it's just a lot less history too, two seasons as opposed to a whole lot of seasons.

I'm hoping it's a good long interesting playoff run, and I'm still getting to watch Flames play when I get back at the end of April.....

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 03-29-2019, 04:31 PM

"With the flames penalty kill being guilty of letting in both of Dallas' goals, Bill Peters has moved Dalton Prout to third pairing with T.J. Brodie to try address the issue."

Addresses one issue IMO.
Old 03-29-2019, 04:36 PM

I'd rather put Stone in. we need this win. some size on back end is not a bad thing. man I hate the dux
Old 03-29-2019, 04:44 PM

Sit Brodie, Prout is good to have in the Ducks game, and bring in Valimaki or Kylington for a little time would have been my thought....a little rest for Brodie would do the whole team good I think.

Old 03-29-2019, 06:34 PM

Quote:
If it goes that way (hopefully you are correct) I think the Flames do better playing a beat up and tired Vegas team than the Sharks. Purely an intuitive feeling, haven't checked the years stats but think the Flames have a better chance with Vegas than Sharks. Maybe it's just a lot less history too, two seasons as opposed to a whole lot of seasons.

I'm hoping it's a good long interesting playoff run, and I'm still getting to watch Flames play when I get back at the end of April.....
Just checked the standing and the potential 1st round match ups. Unlike the east, the west is a total crap shoot. The 7 top teams have all been outstanding since the all-star break. I think Calgary is the only team with an advantage in the 1st round by playing the 2nd wild card. 1st place in the West is very valuable as it stands right now.
Old 03-29-2019, 07:27 PM

Man need to beat these Dirty Ducks. Want the points but HATE the Ducks.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Old 03-29-2019, 07:35 PM

Default Flames

Nice save. And nice goal
Old 03-29-2019, 07:35 PM

Gio with a great slap shot and ties it up!! Whoooo!!! Norris trophy, all the way!

Old 03-29-2019, 07:40 PM
Banned

Corey Perry is a POS. Go play soccer you classless azz.
Old 03-29-2019, 08:07 PM

Monahan with a beauty goal for the go ahead! What a sweet set up! Whoooooppp!!!

Last edited by Twisted Canuck; 03-29-2019 at 08:14 PM.
Old 03-29-2019, 08:08 PM

Default Flames

Quote:
Monahan with a beauty goal for the go ahead! What a sweet set up! Whoooooppp!!! E-1
Very nice. Gotta put the squeeze on them now
Old 03-29-2019, 08:20 PM

Monahan again! Love garbage goals, great stuff!! 3-1 Whoooooooooppppp!!! Good for the PP to get going again.

Old 03-29-2019, 08:23 PM

Default Flames

We needed that one.
Old 03-29-2019, 08:35 PM

Default Flames

That power play was pathetic
Old 03-29-2019, 09:09 PM

I'm yelling shoot....he does....he scores....I yell....my dog growls at me....

4-1, Ryan got all of that one! Whooooopppp! !!!!

Old 03-29-2019, 09:14 PM

Broadcast issues...3 short blackouts, now no score or time lock displayed....

Old 03-29-2019, 09:15 PM

Fire drill and a goal! 5-1!!

Hathaway?

Old 03-29-2019, 09:16 PM

Default Flames

Holy moly
Old 03-29-2019, 09:28 PM

Default Flames

Roasted duck. Nice to see.
Old 03-29-2019, 09:29 PM

Default Custom playoff gear

Old 03-29-2019, 10:10 PM

Nice!

So if the Flames win one more, or San Jose loses one more, 1st is secured. Seeing the Sharks play Vegas tomorrow, I think it will be decided by the time we meet San Jose on Sunday.

Also, I like Brodie alot more playing on the 3rd line. He seems to fit in well with Prout, who had a few nice hits.
Old 03-29-2019, 10:36 PM

Agree Brodie works better grinding with Prout for now.

That jacket is amazing, where do I get one??

Old 03-29-2019, 10:56 PM

Hoping and wishing 1 other teams loses will be a great strategy for the flames in the playoffs. Too bad there are 14 other teams competing.

"Toe da so" - Ricky, Trailer Park Boys

Last edited by Reddin; 03-29-2019 at 11:24 PM.
Old 03-30-2019, 12:00 AM

What does one have to do with another? Called wanting to rest our players earlier then later. But not Oiler style 😇

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddin View Post
Hoping and wishing 1 other teams loses will be a great strategy for the flames in the playoffs. Too bad there are 14 other teams competing.