Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 10-14-2012, 02:37 PM

Question Ice on winagami ?

Was thinkin bout going to Haig lake in a couple days with my boat but just drove by cadotte lake and it was frozen wondering if anyone knows if winagami is ?
Old 10-14-2012, 03:44 PM

holy smokes! already?
Old 10-14-2012, 04:55 PM

Ice is comin fast, that's good to hear, not sure about haig
Old 10-14-2012, 06:29 PM

Just drove from Peace River to Edmonton , when I left Peace River it was cloudy and 12 degrees, with highs of 11,9,7 and 14 for Thursday and lows of between plus 1 and 3 You can bet there wont be a stitch of ice anywhere . Most of the little roadside ponds between Peace and Edmonton were wide open as well as Mitsue lake just east of Slave . Last time i checked water doesnt freeze if temps are above zero!!! Especially with a couple of double digit highs. Go to Haig or Winagami or better yet go to Slave and guarantee yourself some good fish . Still a few weeks left of boating and fishing! All lakes will be ice free for at least the two to three weeks. Good Luck............
Old 10-14-2012, 09:15 PM

okay il take your word for it was gonna go try anyway wether i had to smash ice with the 14 ft or not . very weird about cadotte lake though yesterday it looked like it was frozen beside for a spot in the middle and today the whole lake looked white and frozen... from the highway that is . anyone had good luck at haig this year?
Old 10-15-2012, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walleye King View Post
Just drove from Peace River to Edmonton , when I left Peace River it was cloudy and 12 degrees, with highs of 11,9,7 and 14 for Thursday and lows of between plus 1 and 3 You can bet there wont be a stitch of ice anywhere . Most of the little roadside ponds between Peace and Edmonton were wide open as well as Mitsue lake just east of Slave . Last time i checked water doesnt freeze if temps are above zero!!! Especially with a couple of double digit highs. Go to Haig or Winagami or better yet go to Slave and guarantee yourself some good fish . Still a few weeks left of boating and fishing! All lakes will be ice free for at least the two to three weeks. Good Luck............
I have seen it -30 in Edmonton at the end of Oct. 2 to 3 weeks ice free is possible but, ice could happen any day now. A couple of nights at -10 could do it.

Gonna get me a 16" perch.