Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 02-09-2014, 01:30 PM

Default Whitefish Lake

Heading to Whitefish Lake in a couple weeks with some friends for a weekend of fishing, used to fish there a bit years ago on the water, but never through the ice, not sure if this lake is even fished much any more, any reports would be much appreciated.
Thanks Very Much!!
Old 02-10-2014, 01:16 PM

Default Whitefish lake

This is the lake by goodfish lake?? If so i have fished it a couple times the last 2 winters. Best luck I've had is just to the left of the south boat launch off point in 10-15' of water. Caught and released 12 pound pike and kept 2 around 6lbs. i had walleye tags last year and never caught a one. There was a biologist out on the lake last winter and she said most fisherman are catching next to nothing. I got skunked on that trip and will not return until I hear of things getting better. There is 2 sunken islands that are a good place to start. Hope this helps.
dave
Old 02-14-2014, 08:28 PM

Thanks Very Much, the deal is my son and friends are spending the weekend there for a stag, so of course me with all the gear is invited, supposed to be guide and hole driller, fished it several times years ago but only water, the old WWC held a tournament there one year, do you recall what the ice conditions were? Not that it is the same from year to year, but would like to prepare everyone for what they might expect, thanks again for the info.
Old 02-22-2014, 12:31 AM

Not much response on this post, thought I would refresh hoping someone may be able to add some insight?

Thanks Very Much