Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2013, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealDeal View Post
Well I booked a bear hunt with him for next year and a Moose hunt for this year. As mentioned he does advertise on kijiji as well as Facebook. I talked to several hunters who were there this year and last year and got great reviews. As it turns out one of my co workers hunted there this year.

The price is a lot more affordable than other guides in Alberta. I would rather lay out $900 to try something for the first time than 3 or 4 thousand, and his Moose price is not bad either.

Win or lose I will post a review after my hunts. I suppose people can change.....I hope.
You booked a hunt with him after reading this thread?

I need an emoticon for a guy smelling a fish.

Edit: Nobody on earth would give money to a guy after learning he is a notorious scammer. I will go out on a limb here and say "Hi Chris "

Last edited by Sneeze; 08-07-2013 at 05:39 PM.
Old 08-07-2013, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneeze View Post

Edit: Nobody on earth would give money to a guy after learning he is a notorious scammer. I will go out on a limb here and say "Hi Chris "
lol no doubt
Old 08-07-2013, 05:57 PM
Banned

Not necessarily. Think outside the box:

The guy has a checkered past, if he is trying to rebuild his reputation then he is probably working 3 times harder to provide a good product.

Plus I spoke to several guys who have hunted there (1 of which I know personally) who told me all about their experience.

And really, when you read through all the stuff that pops up on Google its all pretty old and almost all of it is here. One thing I have learned about this site is not to take anything here too seriously.

Like I said, win or lose I will post my experience after my hunt.
Old 08-07-2013, 05:57 PM

Quote:

LOL. Spot on I'd say.

Sidenote: They think he's just the bee's knees over on the "other forum" LOL Welcomed him with open arms, knowing full well who he is.
Old 08-07-2013, 06:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Go back to the start and read every post like I did. Lots of opinions, conjecture and "I heard"....not much for hard facts.

Dont get me wrong, Im not sticking up for the guy. Im sticking up for my decision to try it. I have spoken with him at length and formed my own opinion.

And no, Im not him...but whoever said earlier that he probably has a username or 7 here is probably right.
Old 08-07-2013, 06:21 PM

You know, I've had my suspicions about TheRealDeal since the beginning, this seems to seal the deal for me. He seems like he's quite knowledgeable with bear hunting as seen in his previous posts, I wonder why he is looking for a bear guide? he knows where they are and its not his first rodeo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealDeal
Whitecourt has a good concentration as does Swan Hills. If you really dont mind a drive Red Earth has got more bears than anywhere else I have seen. The Inn has cheap rooms and good food.
Quote:
I went and bought a hand pump last year for a barrel. We use the pump to make grease balloons then fire them up in the trees with a slingshot made of bungee straps. It works awesome to get your grease up nice & high
Quote:
Beaver is far and away the best bear bait out there but I wouldnt say you are wasting your time. I have run lots of bait sites without beaver and done very well. The 2 biggest things you need are lots of stink to get the bears there and lots of fresh food (popcorn) to keep them there. Fryer grease is great stuff, I would really think about getting it out of the pail to use its full potential. What I do is take a 5 gal pail of it, stand in the middle of the site (park the quad a ways out) and spin around in a circle as fast as I can. This sprays that grease all over the ground, trees, leaves and needles and leaves it dripping. It will drip for days. I tried using a water gun to get it up higher but the chunks of crap just end up plugging it up.

To answer your question, when I rig in a new bait site I leave it for ten days before I check it.
Quote:
Everything is later than usual this year for me too. I beefed up my stink and its helped. Burn some honey...the results will amaze you.
Then I found this, this is just icing on the cake, good old times.

Quote:
So yesterday we were Walleye fishing and tied into something big. Big Pike are very common so we assumed it was a 20 lb Pike. Got it up to the boat & discovered it was a Burbot. A BIG Burbot. Just for fun we weighed it and then released it. Weight came in just shy of 22 lbs. When we got back to camp we were telling the guy next to us about it, he went and got the reg book and showed us that the Alberta record is only 18 and change. Wish we would have known this, we would have got better measurments! What a cool fish, longer than my arm and his head was about as big as mine. Very cool
So, strange how somebody who knows alot about bear hunting, would be looking for a guide, then revives a THREE YEAR OLD THREAD that just happened to be bashing the guide he chose. give us a break.
Old 08-07-2013, 06:28 PM

and while im at it, I just found this. Well is it your first time bear hunting? you seem to know quite a lot about it for somebody who wants to "try something for the first time".

Quote:
The price is a lot more affordable than other guides in Alberta. I would rather lay out $900 to try something for the first time than 3 or 4 thousand, and his Moose price is not bad either.
Old 08-07-2013, 06:30 PM
Banned

Ive been baiting for a couple years yes, what does that have to do with anything?
Old 08-07-2013, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Ive been baiting for a couple years yes, what does that have to do with anything?
if you've been baiting for a couple years, why do you need a bear guide?
Old 08-07-2013, 06:35 PM
Banned

I have never been on a guided hunt before, this is an affordable way to try it.
Old 08-07-2013, 06:35 PM
Gone Hunting

Hey "real deal". Curiosity is killin me here. If callin yourself the real deal, how can you stoop to booking with a cheaply priced criminal, just so you can "try out a moose, as well as an additional bear hunt. These are logistically simple hunts to pull off DIY as a resident. I cant get past the thought that "the real deal" might already have these tags cut "DIY", and if he wanted a real good one, cause he was struggling with takin a brute,,, spending some real cash for a real hand might seem like THE ONLY option? Are you really "the real deal" question mark lol

It's just Alberta boys... Take what you can while you can,, if ya cant beat em join em.

Keep a strain on er
Old 08-07-2013, 06:36 PM
Gone Hunting

Man u guys type fast lol

It's just Alberta boys... Take what you can while you can,, if ya cant beat em join em.

Keep a strain on er
Old 08-07-2013, 06:51 PM
Banned

So the fact that I booked a hunt with the guy leads to being accused of being him? Wow. No, not me. This whole thing is going nowhere quick.

Yet another post that went down the crapper.
Old 08-07-2013, 08:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
So the fact that I booked a hunt with the guy leads to being accused of being him? Wow. No, not me. This whole thing is going nowhere quick.

I have to admit it...you are on my short list as well.
And you have been since about Day 1.

You are just too curious about the guy and he was nothing if not a narcisist and a master of manipulation.
And you did book that hunt and now...you defend that decission in the face of almost EVEYTHING that you've read.
That amounts to defence with one degree of seperation.
Now... you go on the hunt and if it turns out OK... you will advertize that on Albertas largest hunting forum.
Great....free publicity...a consumer report from a previously suspicious guy...won over by the mans stirling service.
What could be better?
Oh..I know...posting that on the biggest forum which also happens to have a whole bunch of new suckers....I mean members to fleece.
And there does seem to be a certain inconsistency on your actions.
Plus who can forget the way you helped that old lady out and were rewarded with tens of thousands of dollars in goods for pennies on the pound?
What a CHRISTASTIC story that was....
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=186093

Finally...IIRC this wouldn't be the first time that Chris posted a glowing report about himself while posing as someone else....or had someone do it for him.

Maybe you aren't Chris.
Maybe you don't even really know him.
But...you do seem to share common interests...(Chris and bears) and you do seem to have the most extraordinary luck as did he.

Seems like you might be destined to be his new best friend if you play your cards right.

Time will tell I guess but I'm going to trust my nose and the nose of others here for now.
We've all seen this movie a couple times already and it seems to end the same way each time.
Colour me suspicious but not reaching for a rope...yet.

Enjoy your hunts.
Looking foreward to the trip reports.
Old 08-07-2013, 10:57 PM

I like it.... AO CSI....

Don't have a stich to do with any of this, but....

If you burn people for a livin, it will follow you forever.

And secondly, if you can be picked out of a huge , huge ,huge crowd of outdoorsmen over an over again, that there folks tell the story.

Not a good story, but sures to h?ll a long one...
Old 08-07-2013, 11:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayseed View Post
I like it.... AO CSI....

Don't have a stich to do with any of this, but....

If you burn people for a livin, it will follow you forever.

And secondly, if you can be picked out of a huge , huge ,huge crowd of outdoorsmen over an over again, that there folks tell the story.

Not a good story, but sures to h?ll a long one...
That is the sad sad truth though isn't it?
Old 08-07-2013, 11:53 PM

Hope your hunt goes good. If you were baiting till now just to take pictures, all you have to change is bring a gun. No need to pay anybody $900. You've already done the hard part.
Old 08-07-2013, 11:57 PM

Quote:

Ummm....No the fact you coach others on bear hunting and somehow out of a stroke of luck/genius you pick one of the most infamous guys to ever frequent AO.....smells like the bait box your deep sea Hali rigs sit in....coach people on do it yourself bear hunting then you want to book a guided hunt....ok if that's how you get named "therealdeal" and it works for you go for it.

LC
Old 08-08-2013, 12:11 AM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Not necessarily. Think outside the box:

The guy has a checkered past, if he is trying to rebuild his reputation then he is probably working 3 times harder to provide a good product.

Plus I spoke to several guys who have hunted there (1 of which I know personally) who told me all about their experience.

And really, when you read through all the stuff that pops up on Google its all pretty old and almost all of it is here. One thing I have learned about this site is not to take anything here too seriously.

Like I said, win or lose I will post my experience after my hunt.
Really!

You must not have looked very hard.

Since you seem to think all the negative feedback comes from this site, you might find this interesting.

Quote:

Alberta Bound Fishing Adventures Business type: Guide & Charter Service
Nearest Waterbody: Bow River
Area Fishing: Rainbow & Brown Trout
Location Address: 123 McKenna Way SE, Calgary, T2Z 1W9, Alberta
From this business I found this review, not on AO;

Quote:
I don't usually do this sort of thing, but I am so disgusted that I feel I must do something.
One of your featured guide services has mistreated my husband and I so badly that I feel I must warn others not to patronize their services. My husband and I were supposed to join Alberta Bound's Chris Gerritse last June for a day long trip on the Bow River. We were very excited about the trip and send Mr. Gerritse a deposit for half the amount. Once in Canada we learned the water was too high to take our trip. Mr. Gerritse promised us a full refund within a month. We have yet to receive the refund.
After months of our long distance calls to Mr. Gerritse, and his promises to send us our refund we have nothing. He has given us every excuse under the sun, from a car in need of repair to a slow fishing season. We are patient people, but this is ridiculous. Everyone has to pay their bills, including us, and it is not our responsibility to make sure Mr. Gerritse manages his money, or fixes his car. In mid-October we contacted Mr. Gerritse for the last time, and again he promised a check within two weeks. I'm sure you can guess that we have received no check.
I am fed up, and want other potential patrons, and especially the fly fishing community in southern Alberta, to know how Mr. Gerritse has treated us Our trip to Alberta was fabulous, and we hate that Mr. Gerritse has caused the single blemish on our memories.
Is this one of the old threads you were talking about?
http://bearseast.proboards.com/index...int&thread=517

I wonder what the customers of Bow River Fishing Guides might have to say.Interesting that yet another guiding venture started by the Gerritse's went under without leaving a trace, aside from the name.

That's right, both Alberta Bound Fishing Adventures and
Bow River Fishing Guides were started and run by Chris and Harry Gerritse and both are now out of business.The only trace of their existence is their names and one piece of negative feedback. Which by the way is consistent with feedback from members of this site and members of Bears East.

One thing I've learned about this site, if it smells like a Chris Gerritse, it is a Chris Gerritse. And I smell Chris so strong it is almost choking me.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 08-08-2013, 12:55 AM

Quote:
I have never been on a guided hunt before, this is an affordable way to try it.
Sounds like a infomercial
Old 08-08-2013, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Badger View Post
That is the sad sad truth though isn't it?
Karma thread reference spectacular work BDB. That was a gem
Old 08-08-2013, 02:15 AM
Gone Hunting

Let us review.

We know for a fact that Mr Chris Gerritse has no regard for rules.

Time and again he has tried to promote his businesses on this site knowing full well that it is against the site rules. He knows this because he has been warned and banned numerous times for it.

From that we know he does not hesitate to try to profit off of other peoples hard work. What he has been doing here in trying to promote his guiding ventures is nothing less then theft. It is theft because it is seeking to gain a service without paying for it.

We also know for a fact that he is a user because on more then one occasion he has recruited others to do his advertising on this site for him, and you can bet that he isn't paying for that help.

We further know for a fact that he has no regard for the owner of this site, for the members of this site or for the rules the rest of us are expected to abide by, because every time he gets banned he simply returns under a new identity.

He doesn't ask to be allowed to return. He doesn't promise to abide by the rules. He simply reinvents himself and starts a new account.

We know for fact he exaggerates things and misleads people because he has done so here in thread after thread over the years.

Some might say he deserves another chance. Some might say that he is trying to change his ways.

But as recently as this spring he was back here trying the same old tricks.
A new identity and a new attempt at promoting his kajiji advertised guiding service.

These things we know for FACT because he has done it to us.

I can't speak to the validity of what has been posted on other sites but given what we have experienced here, I see no reason to doubt those other reports.

Now, is this all old news?

Not at all, as recently as this spring, Chris was back here with a new identity trying once again to promote his business ventures for free knowing full well that it was against the rules and unfair to those who do pay to advertise on this site.

I could see someone with no experience with outfitters and no knowledge about this guys past, falling for his slippery ways and smooth talk.

But it makes no sense that an experienced hunter that already knews four outfitters personally and who by his own admission, researched the man, would risk his limited budget on such a shady operator.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 08-08-2013, 06:21 AM
Banned

This site sure does have an infatuation with the guy
Old 08-08-2013, 06:47 AM

Chris give it up
Old 08-08-2013, 07:24 AM
Banned

Quote:
This site sure does have an infatuation with the guy
So much so that many here accuse others of being the guy repeatedly!

Im done with this until I have some hard facts & experience to post whether it be good or bad.
Old 08-08-2013, 08:29 AM

ok Chris, cant wait for the next tall tale.
Old 08-08-2013, 08:47 AM
Gone Hunting

You know what Chris, dealing with your can be quiet entertaining.
Spreadsheets are a wonderful thing. They allow me to compare posts over a wide range of threads and usernames.

But I have to pack for a trip and although this has been a lot of fun, I don't have the time to continue it.

Let me give you a bit of free advice.

Every time you return under a new alias, you do yourself more harm then good.
Yes you get free advertising, all negative, except for that which you yourself post.
Most people are a lot smarter then you give them credit for.

They read what is posted on threads like this and then they go to anyone but Chris Gerritse for their hunting adventures.

I know you don't see that, but everyone else does.

Goodby again Chris.

Thread closed.

George Bernard Shaw
Closed Thread