Dat was a kick in the pills boys….

Oof
"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."
Old 12-05-2021, 08:42 PM
Banned

Sweet geezuz, I guess our time has NOT come!! Time to blow this team up already
Me of little faith
Old 12-05-2021, 08:58 PM

Will McDavid be getting a phone call tomorrow after that hit? That was dirty and 100% avoidable. I'm thinking his wallet will be lighter in a couple days.

That Leafs/Jets game though, that got out of hand. There will definitely be some fines and probably at least one suspension there. The Pionk knee and then Spezza hit. Those will probably get them each a game.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Old 12-05-2021, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by millartech View Post
Will McDavid be getting a phone call tomorrow after that hit? That was dirty and 100% avoidable. I'm thinking his wallet will be lighter in a couple days.

That Leafs/Jets game though, that got out of hand. There will definitely be some fines and probably at least one suspension there. The Pionk knee and then Spezza hit. Those will probably get them each a game.

He should be getting a call, probably a 1 game suspension. Then again who knows with the department of player safety.

Spezza is probably going to have an in person or zoom meeting meaning at least 5 games. That was a terrible play, even after the terrible knee on knee, Pionk was already going down and he kneed him right in the face.

Question how come McDavid didn't fight after that hit on kemp?

Answer cause he is McChicken
Old 12-05-2021, 09:15 PM

I think the NHL needs to adjust the 5 minute major penalty, similar to Lacrosse once a team scores 2 goals you are no longer short handed. Player remains in the box for the 5 mintes and comes out after the first stoppage in player.

2 goals still would have won this game for LA but at leasr Edmonton would have had a chance to come back or at least try to make a game out of it.
Old 12-05-2021, 09:54 PM

Quote:

Doesn't deserve a call or fine. Shouldn't have been more than a 2 minute penalty. Total joke.
Old 12-05-2021, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270person View Post
Doesn't deserve a call or fine. Shouldn't have been more than a 2 minute penalty. Total joke.
It was absolutely a 5 min major. Only the most copper colored glasses would think otherwise. It was a dirty hit right from behind, directly in the numbers. Kempe didn't turn on him or anything. Now not as bad as the Spezza hit or the Pionk knee, but still bad.

Old 12-05-2021, 10:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
And if the roles were reversed and the golden boy's face was drilled into the glass you'd be screaming for a 10 game suspension. I think your homer is showing just a little.
Old 12-06-2021, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYC338 View Post
And if the roles were reversed and the golden boy's face was drilled into the glass you'd be screaming for a 10 game suspension. I think your homer is showing just a little.

Like yours was regarding the Lucic hit on DeMelo which was far worse? No blood on Kempe's chin and the hit warrants 2 minutes.

And sorry but the Oilers aren't my #1 team.
Old 12-06-2021, 02:04 AM

Quote:
. Now not as bad as the Spezza hit or the Pionk knee, but still bad.

Or the Lucic hit?
Old 12-06-2021, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Like yours was regarding the Lucic hit on DeMelo which was far worse? No blood on Kempe's chin and the hit warrants 2 minutes.

He wasn’t even hurt. He was on the first shift of the ensuing power play!
Old 12-06-2021, 07:45 AM

I say good for McDavid.
Star players are always getting hacked and pushed around they do not get their chance to show their skills. Its like war
Now maybe some players will not take so many liberties with McDavid knowing that he will kick back
Old 12-06-2021, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Or the Lucic hit?
The difference is Demelo sees Lucic coming and turns his back and puts himself in a vulnerable position. Lucic Even said he made eye contact with him so he knew that he was coming and he turned. At some point the player has to take responsibility for putting himself in a dangerous position.

https://www.nhltraderumors.me/2021/1...-boarding.html

Lucic had another opportunity against the kings I think, but he wasn't able to make eye contact with the player so he let up and didn't hit him. Unfortunately I can't find the video, but they did show it during the broadcast.

McDavid comes at him from behind the whole time, the player does not have an opportunity to protect himself.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article...g-kings-kempe/
Old 12-06-2021, 10:16 AM
Banned

Quote:

Well, if your reading comprehension was up to snuff, you'd realize I never said Lucic didn't deserve a penalty. I said 5 years ago, the refs wouldn't even call that a penalty and that the game has changed.

Also mentioned that the player saw him coming and turned into the hit and put himself into the vulnerable position. I acknowledged that the ref would make that call, I just mused if the player thought it was worth it to risk a serious injury just to get that call.

The difference here was it was a blindside hit, the player never saw him coming and McDavid took advantage.

Again, being totally honest with yourself, would your reaction be the same if Kempe had drilled McDavid in exactly the same manner?

Also, don't be sorry, I don't really give a rats behind what your #1 team is.
Old 12-06-2021, 11:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
He wasn’t even hurt. He was on the first shift of the ensuing power play!
Actually, his injury status has no bearing on the call on the ice. The refs call the hit, not the hurt.

Supplemental discipline, if any, may take that into account.
Old 12-06-2021, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Actually, his injury status has no bearing on the call on the ice. The refs call the hit, not the hurt.

Supplemental discipline, if any, may take that into account.
Yes. With the exception of high sticking calls of course(blood)
Old 12-06-2021, 11:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Yes. With the exception of high sticking calls of course(blood)
True that.
Old 12-06-2021, 11:51 AM
Banned

I’m an Oiler fan and in my opinion the call on McD was the right one. He may not have wanted to necessarily cause injury however, IMO he did it “accidentally on purpose”. Just prior to the hit he was hauled down at the blue line by his victim and shortly after he saw his opportunity for payback. McD has to own this one but IMO the refs contributed to it happening by not calling all of the clutching and grabbing that was going on. I noticed the same type of thing with Drai taking bad penalties out of frustration in the Dallas game.
Old 12-06-2021, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
I’m an Oiler fan and in my opinion the call on McD was the right one. He may not have wanted to necessarily cause injury however, IMO he did it “accidentally on purpose”. Just prior to the hit he was hauled down at the blue line by his victim and shortly after he saw his opportunity for payback. McD has to own this one but IMO the refs contributed to it happening by not calling all of the clutching and grabbing that was going on. I noticed the same type of thing with Drai taking bad penalties out of frustration in the Dallas game.
I have certainly noticed McDavid taking a few more liberties on his opponents since the Torts told him to shut up. Instead of bitching about it he is just doing it to the opponents(and getting away with it) .

Sounds like no call coming for McDavid, so the 5 and a game is all he will get.

Spezza in person hearing meaning they can give him more then 5 games, no timeline set for the meeting. Leafs play tomorrow, so probably later today or tomorrow.

Pionk is having a phone meeting so under 5 games.
Old 12-06-2021, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artie View Post
I say good for McDavid.
Star players are always getting hacked and pushed around they do not get their chance to show their skills. Its like war
Now maybe some players will not take so many liberties with McDavid knowing that he will kick back
The guy he smoked did haul him down in the neutral zone a minute before. If the refs would do their job this stuff wouldn’t happen as much. Eventually even McDavid has a limit.
I did think this game was reffed a lot better then some however.
Old 12-06-2021, 02:13 PM
Banned

What's more disappointing in the Oilers team is the fact they cratered the minute McJesus was headed to the shower. It's like they all pulled up stakes and went home against a much lesser team.

I would be extremely scared of that lack of confidence.. One knee tweak and the whole dam team will implode on itself.. If he ever is out for a extended period of time and the whole damn team will hang themselves from the rafters...
Old 12-06-2021, 03:16 PM

2 Oiler losses in a row and Dead Moose fires up his 2 burner accounts.
Priceless
Old 12-06-2021, 03:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainTi View Post
Priceless
Your delusion is what's priceless (not to mention the clever emoji's). Keep at it though, just shows that you don't have a clue what you're talking about on more than one issue.

Last edited by YYC338; 12-06-2021 at 03:27 PM.
Old 12-06-2021, 03:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
What's more disappointing in the Oilers team is the fact they cratered the minute McJesus was headed to the shower. It's like they all pulled up stakes and went home against a much lesser team.

I would be extremely scared of that lack of confidence.. One knee tweak and the whole dam team will implode on itself.. If he ever is out for a extended period of time and the whole damn team will hang themselves from the rafters...
I've said virtually the same thing for awhile now. Oilers are a better team this year, but still lack the depth of skill and scoring to get along without either Batman or Robin for an extended period of time. One banana peel slip away from the draft lottery actually.

(Don't tell Mountain Ti I didn't just quote myself, it would ruin his fantasy)

Still can't figure that I can get my point across with just one account.
Old 12-06-2021, 03:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
I've said virtually the same thing for awhile now. Oilers are a better team this year, but still lack the depth of skill and scoring to get along without either Batman or Robin for an extended period of time. One banana peel slip away from the draft lottery actually.

(Don't tell Mountain Ti I didn't just quote myself, it would ruin his fantasy)

Still can't figure that I can get my point across with just one account.
They really are fun to watch but they acted like a bunch of scared pups when the guy who owns the ugliest house in Edmonton was shown the gate. (Do you think his GF forced him into that idea?? YUCK) .. The playoffs are built for wolves, not scared puppies. ... Let's see what they can come up with.
Old 12-06-2021, 04:18 PM

Quote:
They really are fun to watch but they acted like a bunch of scared pups when the guy who owns the ugliest house in Edmonton was shown the gate. (Do you think his GF forced him into that idea?? YUCK) .. The playoffs are built for wolves, not scared puppies. ... Let's see what they can come up with.
Yeah but it has a nice view.
Old 12-06-2021, 04:56 PM
Banned

Quote:

Sure. It had nothing to do with killing a five minute penalty.
Old 12-06-2021, 05:21 PM

Default Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainTi View Post
Priceless
Yes… the timing is pretty much on point yes?

Lol
"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."
Old 12-06-2021, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Well, if your reading comprehension was up to snuff, you'd realize I never said Lucic didn't deserve a penalty. I said 5 years ago, the refs wouldn't even call that a penalty and that the game has changed.

Also mentioned that the player saw him coming and turned into the hit and put himself into the vulnerable position. I acknowledged that the ref would make that call, I just mused if the player thought it was worth it to risk a serious injury just to get that call.

The difference here was it was a blindside hit, the player never saw him coming and McDavid took advantage.

Again, being totally honest with yourself, would your reaction be the same if Kempe had drilled McDavid in exactly the same manner?

Also, don't be sorry, I don't really give a rats behind what your #1 team is.

We'll just chalk you up to someone who knows diddly about the game and has the bolts on his Flames welding goggles on way too tight. Pretty typical of the 1 cup experts down highway 2.

You went mute when it came to the Lucic hit. Just a bunch of excuses regarding DeMelo turning therefore...bla bla bla, same as you did above. Interesting of all the hockey pundits interviewed today, easily 60% said McDavids hit was worth 2 minutes. Not one said it was suspension worthy. Just Flames fans wishing.

Watch the replay again. Without the red goggles. Only reason McDavid got the door was because of the blood, which Kempe quickly wiped off and jumped right back into play. Oooooooo. Not even half the damage Lucic could have caused DeMelo.

Calgary Puck is probably missing your in-depth hockey experience. Used to live in Cowgary. Every fan has the same mandate. We hate the Oilers because they've been successful, have 2 of the top 3 fowards in the game, and won 5 cups. Same goes for the football fans down there.

Win more, .....or something. You'll be a lot more chill and a lot less jealous.
Old 12-06-2021, 06:10 PM

Default Jamie dead moose

I see you have crawled out of the hole you were hiding in, or perhaps you were logging in under a third or maybe fourth sign in name
You've come back to enlighten us with your calgary sense of humour
Closed Thread