Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-03-2021, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat119 View Post
Interesting Baldwin did cock the gun

“And then I let go of the hammer of the gun, and the gun goes off. I let go of the hammer of the gun, the gun goes off.”

It is possible Baldwin was given a fanning or slip gun, a pistol set up to fire without using the trigger used in movies and trick shooting by holding in one hand and "fanning" the hammer with the other.

If Baldwin's going for a malfunction defense a firearm expert will closely examine the pistol as for not pointing it a people how else would he have hit anyone.
The guy has to back pedal, his only excuse and not a good one.

Grizz

Isaiah 5:8
Old 12-03-2021, 02:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Offhand at 500m?

As was I .
And of course, crickets chirping now.
Old 12-03-2021, 07:34 PM

Would it not be possible that AB pulled the inadvertently squeezed the trigger while pulling the hammer back, then released the hammer and the gun fired?

If you aren't confident with handling a pistol I could see this happening, it's instinctual to put your finger on the trigger, and easy to squeeze it while cocking. Just a thought.
Old 12-03-2021, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no-regard View Post
Would it not be possible that AB pulled the inadvertently squeezed the trigger while pulling the hammer back, then released the hammer and the gun fired?

If you aren't confident with handling a pistol I could see this happening, it's instinctual to put your finger on the trigger, and easy to squeeze it while cocking. Just a thought.
That is entirely possible.
Old 12-03-2021, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no-regard View Post

Either way he fired the pistol. The pistol did not just "magicianly" fire itself.

Now come on guys everyone knows that if you just sight in a Huskamaw at 100 yards, your good to go out to one thousand yards (with pin point accuracy). I seem to remember when I called out the "gentleman" who was spreading that BS on here and Wild TV, I got a 3 month suspension ? Amazing how times have change!
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.
Old 12-03-2021, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
Either way he fired the pistol. The pistol did not just "magicianly" fire itself.
I agree, and believe he needs to be held accountable for his actions. To be clear I wasn't making excuses for him, just wondering if this was a plausible scenario, I'm not a pistol expert.
Old 12-03-2021, 11:02 PM

Some spot on commentary.

Baldwin's strange interview
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HRTyQxt4dw
Old 12-04-2021, 07:30 AM

Hmmm?

Baldwin says he didn't realize his gun fired a live round until 45 minutes later he thought she fainted

Big difference in recoil from a live round and a blank with almost nil recoil

The more he talks the deeper he sinks

The local sheriff says it doesn't matter how the gun went off it was in Mr. Baldwin's hand at the time of discharge, if the hammer was pulled back and released before the sear engaged or the trigger was pulled is irrelevant.
Old 12-04-2021, 02:28 PM

Baldwin used to rent a house here in Canmore while filming a couple of films. We ran into him twice on the path behind my house, and he's the only guy my dog has ever taken an instant, strong disliking to. Chased him around a tree once when my wife had the leash. Ol Max had a good sense of judging character. Baldwin's reflexes when faced with a big pointer were actually pretty quick!

Only a celebrity can shoot and kill someone, say they didn't know they were hit ("I thought she fainted"), and expect the rest of the world to be that gullible. He doesn't say what he thought happened to the guy behind her that caught a bullet too. 'I thought he simultaneously had a nosebleed' ??
Old 12-04-2021, 03:29 PM

poor Alec Baldwin, we've all heard about how dangerous guns are and that they can go off at anytime all by their selves, it's unfortunate it was in his hand when it happened.
Old 12-04-2021, 04:01 PM

Alec Baldwin and Just Trudeau. Same school of thought , when I commit a crime it’s not really a crime ,it’s just the peasants experiencing life differently than I do
Old 12-04-2021, 07:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleboy View Post
Alec Baldwin and Just Trudeau. Same school of thought , when I commit a crime it’s not really a crime ,it’s just the peasants experiencing life differently than I do
Old 12-05-2021, 07:10 AM

Old 12-05-2021, 08:19 AM

I still feel sorry for him - it must be misery to keep having that scene on replay in the your head all day every day.

Has it been established that there was a live round in the gun? I thought the theory was some debris in the barrel.
Old 12-05-2021, 08:22 AM

How can you feel sorry for him? He carrys no guilt bears no responsibility and blames the victim?

Protect the oppressed even if an enemy, never forgive the traitor especially if he is your friend
Old 12-05-2021, 08:30 AM

What % of the legal guilt is his?
If it wasn’t on a movie then 100%.
Is the standard practice to hand actors guns and the actor doesn’t check them?
Old 12-05-2021, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teledogs View Post
How can you feel sorry for him? He carrys no guilt bears no responsibility and blames the victim?
I don't believe him. Not a word. I think this is all posturing now. No one can shoot someone accidently and not feel the worst guilt.
Old 12-05-2021, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsonob1 View Post
I still feel sorry for him - it must be misery to keep having that scene on replay in the your head all day every day.

Has it been established that there was a live round in the gun? I thought the theory was some debris in the barrel.
That is the first time that I have heard that theory, several reports stated that it was a live round, and some dehris wouldn't likely travel through one person, and still wound another .
Old 12-05-2021, 09:26 AM

It's a movie prop, they wave it around and point it at people and put their finger on the trigger. If it was a woman who knew nothing about guns and they handed her a gun saying it was a movie prop and she shot somebody the media would be falling all over themselves in sympathy for her
Old 12-05-2021, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marxman View Post
It's a movie prop,
First off, It’s a fully functional firearm.
And must be treated as such.
Secondly, it’s being used as a prop.
Old 12-05-2021, 09:35 AM

Baldwin should shut up about gun safety if he wants to transfer 100 percent blame
Old 12-05-2021, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
First off, It’s a fully functional firearm.
And must be treated as such.
Secondly, it’s being used as a prop.
You are not supposed to hand someone a functional loaded firearm telling him its not and like I said if you handed it to someone who doesn't know anything about guns and believes it's a movie prop and doesn't know how to check it or that she should check it she would be blameless Baldwin should shut up and I don't think anyone thinks it wasn't an accident
Old 12-05-2021, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marxman View Post
You are not supposed to hand someone a functional loaded firearm telling him its not and like I said if you handed it to someone who doesn't know anything about guns and believes it's a movie prop and doesn't know how to check it or that she should check it she would be blameless Baldwin should shut up and I don't think anyone thinks it wasn't an accident
There is a huge difference between an accidental discharge and a negligent discharge. From the details that were released so far, this is looking far more like a negligent discharge.
Old 12-05-2021, 11:40 AM

Quote:
There is a huge difference between an accidental discharge and a negligent discharge. From the details that were released so far, this is looking far more like a negligent discharge.
Of course it is a negligent discharge, the question is whos negligence caused it. Im just saying if baldwin wants it to be an accident on his part its disingeneous to say he followed gun safety it opens the door to blame on his part

Last edited by marxman; 12-05-2021 at 11:46 AM.
Old 12-05-2021, 12:04 PM

It’s a wonder he didn’t shoot himself. Was there only one round in the gun?
Old 12-05-2021, 02:43 PM

Quote:
That is the first time that I have heard that theory, several reports stated that it was a live round, and some dehris wouldn't likely travel through one person, and still wound another .
The storey I heard is some body was out shooting in the desert and had a squib load. The primer went off but not the powder, leaving a projectile in the barrel. Back on the set, the cylinder was checked and pronounced safe. When a blank round was fired the previous bullet went out the barrel.

It's just a story I heard. It might be true and it might not.
Old 12-05-2021, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver View Post
The storey I heard is some body was out shooting in the desert and had a squib load. The primer went off but not the powder, leaving a projectile in the barrel. Back on the set, the cylinder was checked and pronounced safe. When a blank round was fired the previous bullet went out the barrel.

It's just a story I heard. It might be true and it might not.
The stories just keep getting better and better.

Pretty soon there will be a rumor about a second gun, fired by someone else at the same time, and Baldwin never fired the bullet that killed the woman.

Last edited by elkhunter11; 12-05-2021 at 02:53 PM.
Old 12-05-2021, 03:20 PM

Quote:
The stories just keep getting better and better.

Pretty soon there will be a rumor about a second gun, fired by someone else at the same time, and Baldwin never fired the bullet that killed the woman.
Ahh the second shooter , on the grassy knoll.. a Trumpian conspiracy no doubt, to try and ruin Baldwin for making fun of him on SNL

Orrrrrrr! Is there a chance that the woman killed said something unflattering about Hillary or Bill?
Old 12-05-2021, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Ahh the second shooter , on the grassy knoll.. a Trumpian conspiracy no doubt, to try and ruin Baldwin for making fun of him on SNL

Orrrrrrr! Is there a chance that the woman killed said something unflattering about Hillary or Bill?
..............<<<<<<< Now that is a theory, I can almost beleive.
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.
Old 12-05-2021, 08:58 PM
Banned

Quote:

OR, she had Epstein's diary