Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 06-14-2009, 08:22 PM

Default Puerto Vallarta Mexico Fishing

Does anyone know about this area ? Will be going down there with the wife would love some info. Fishing ect...

https://drive.google.com/open?id=15h...ec&usp=sharing
Old 06-14-2009, 09:10 PM

Your resort should have lots of info for you when you get there. I fished Mayan last March and had a blast. Fairly cheap too! We had enough people that we were able to charter a boat for a half day of fishing and it was great. There was 5 of us and we each paid $150 for the trip and caught 22 Mahi-Mahi.

Old 06-15-2009, 12:51 PM

hey I'm heading out to Puerto Vallarta June 20, 2009. Have never gone really deep see when I've gone usually fish the bait fish (samll tuna, etc.) when i've gone

good luck
Old 06-15-2009, 01:37 PM

If you come across some good info on the area I would be greatfull. We will be down there 2 weeks with another couple. Got a time share but have never been there so its all new.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=15h...ec&usp=sharing
Old 06-15-2009, 01:48 PM

http://www.pvfishing.com/pag_principal.htm

Try this link. I went out with these guys when I was down there for my honeymoon. We had an excellent day of tuna fishing we caught about 30 tuna. We also hooked a blue marlin on our troll back in but ended up losing it about 100yards from the boat. Overall it was a good experience. The captain even shut us down the first day because of the waves, he said we wouldnt have much luck fishing that day. They took us out again two days later and we slayed them. My only advice is book early in to the trip so if there's weather or other issues you can still have a chance to reschedule the trip. Good luck and tight lines
Old 06-15-2009, 03:12 PM

bring gravol...
Old 06-15-2009, 04:39 PM

there is some decent fishing there; went to PV for xmas. we took a charter for free; just had to sit through a 2 hour timeshare speel. pretty good deal; we did some inshore fishing and the guide was great; charters there in the winter and in alaska in the summer. he had some nice fly gear too; just make sure you tell them you want it and he will bring it. unfortunately the name is eluding me right now; i think it was Mike's? he goes out of las penas pier.
have fun out there
Old 06-15-2009, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispee View Post
bring gravol...
Good Call. I forgot to mention that. Also I tried those wrist bands with the pressure points last time and they seemed to work like a hot damn. Not a lick of sickness on pretty rough water for 12 hours. I got mine from the travelman store in red deer