Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-02-2018, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleboy View Post
The problem with your theory is that most people tend to hang out with like minded people. When my wife and I take the side by side for a weekend it is usually with another couple and we don't particularly like to get in the mud so we stick to the hard pack and rarely see another atv. The people that want to rip and tear tend to do it with their friends who want to do the same, so the idea of turning in an idiot is highly unlikely.
Exactly.
Old 04-02-2018, 05:21 PM

lol thanks jungle boy
Old 04-02-2018, 06:28 PM

Default Not Sure About A solution?

I am not sure that there is a solution to this problem, I don't have anything big enough or bad ass enough to go ripping through the bush, I have always done it on foot, and at 60years young still do.
I love the solitude of the forests and streams and rivers and lakes of Alberta, The Yukon, BC, and NWT. There is only one thing out there that gets me ****ed off, and that's some jerk screaming by on something noisy and smashing through the forest as if they have some place very important to be and screw everyone else in the area.
I am all for enjoying what you want to do and if that's it well I won't stop you, but you will screw yourself soon enough. No I don't like it but to each his own, banning, well like guns then only the bad ones will have the fun things they want, most will just follow the rules.
For me I just go somewhere else and enjoy my solitude. I went down south for the first time in twenty five years, to a lot of my old hunting areas, I am surprised at all of the roads and access in those areas. I myself think population and access will ruin any area after awhile.
Solution, there really won't be one for this, me I will head somewhere there are less people and access.
Just my ramble...
Old 04-02-2018, 06:34 PM

Here is the link for those that missed out on the Rocky Mountain House meeting.

https://youtu.be/9_kOZGAH9h8

https://youtu.be/PjRw-fCuUos

I'm not sure if the links will open.

Don
Old 06-23-2018, 09:39 AM

Default There is no solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old longBow View Post
I am not sure that there is a solution to this problem, I don't have anything big enough or bad ass enough to go ripping through the bush, I have always done it on foot, and at 60years young still do.
I love the solitude of the forests and streams and rivers and lakes of Alberta, The Yukon, BC, and NWT. There is only one thing out there that gets me ****ed off, and that's some jerk screaming by on something noisy and smashing through the forest as if they have some place very important to be and screw everyone else in the area.
I am all for enjoying what you want to do and if that's it well I won't stop you, but you will screw yourself soon enough. No I don't like it but to each his own, banning, well like guns then only the bad ones will have the fun things they want, most will just follow the rules.
For me I just go somewhere else and enjoy my solitude. I went down south for the first time in twenty five years, to a lot of my old hunting areas, I am surprised at all of the roads and access in those areas. I myself think population and access will ruin any area after awhile.
Solution, there really won't be one for this, me I will head somewhere there are less people and access.
Just my ramble...
We have a side-by-side. We refer ourselves as "Tourist Quadders". We putter along designated trails, not mud holes and enjoy the scenery.
Before my wife's full knee replacement she had to walk with two canes, now she can out walk me.
With the side-by-side we were able to see things that she was never able to see.
As far as a solution, it is like herding pigs.
Old 06-23-2018, 03:04 PM

I was in the Crowsnest Pass the last few days. Midweek there was only one camper at McGillvary Staging area and maybe 5 at Atlas. With all the rain and late spring the pipeline is in bad shape. Now that more people have been forced into that area I thinks there will be some serious accidents with the trails becoming harder to ride. It remains to see how many people show up for the July 1 long weekend but with the prediction of rain all weekend many will stay home. The university of Alberta did a study where they stated quadding and random camping brought about $4 million dollars into businesses in the area. The south was never a popular area for mountain climbers and hikers so they will not pick up the slack. Before quadding became popular the back country saw limited action. I think Shannon and the government have created a huge problem for people trying to make a living in the pass. We will see how it plays out.
Old 07-24-2018, 02:58 PM

Default Porcupine Hills PLUZ.

Well they've done it.

A sad day indeed.

As of May 15, 2018, the Porcupine Hills area is regulated under the Public Lands Administration Regulation as a Public Land Use Zone (PLUZ). The new PLUZ will manage outdoor recreational activities through a designated motorized trail system and provide a range of recreation experiences.

Basically they have shut it down - allowing no vehicles more than 60" wide and in 304 have left one circular trail that starts at the bottom of the Trout Creek Road but does not allow access to Lyndon Creek.

It's to the point that it is not Public Land Use Zone - rather it's a - Keep the People Out Zone. They won't be happy until they have the complete Forest Reserve with no access to regular folks.

Check out the Alberta Environment and Parks web site. Pretty much everything south and west of Edmonton that used to be Forest Reserve will be under their control which will mean the people will be mostly excluded.
Old 07-25-2018, 10:39 AM

What a shame. Again I'd like to thank everybody in the great province who voted NDP!😠
Old 07-25-2018, 07:18 PM

Keep the banning coming. Because after the OHV enthusiasts are banned who is next? Maybe the OHV folk will want hunting banned too. Hunters don't want them in the bush. No different than what's going on in the firearms community. Ban hand guns. then semis, them magnums etc, etc,etc.
ENOUGH bloody banning! Throw the book at the idiots that ruin it for everyone else. We already have to many laws on the books. Enforcement,Enforcement,Enforcement,:angry 3:

"Me neither but it's all in the eye of the beer holder"
norwestalta

.....out of bounds.....but funny none the less!

LC

"Funny how when a bear eats another bear, no one bats an eye, but......

when a human eats another human, people act like it's the end if the friggin world. News coverage, tweets, blogs, outrage, Piers Morgan etcetc.

Go figure." -Huntinstuff
Old 07-26-2018, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcmm View Post
Keep the banning coming. Because after the OHV enthusiasts are banned who is next? Maybe the OHV folk will want hunting banned too. Hunters don't want them in the bush. No different than what's going on in the firearms community. Ban hand guns. then semis, them magnums etc, etc,etc.
ENOUGH bloody banning! Throw the book at the idiots that ruin it for everyone else. We already have to many laws on the books. Enforcement,Enforcement,Enforcement,:angry 3:
That seems to be the norm lately.( If it doesn't affect me) then I dont care. We're on the downward slope to losing everything we enjoy. And good luck getting things back to the way they were even with a gov't change