Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-11-2009, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigd View Post

Before any of you or any member of the public or media sit here and criticize the policing community yet again, gun up and try doing the job yourself.

Oh yeah, if you haven't figured it out yet, I'm a cop...

D
Most of us know the police's hands are tied and they do what they can. However Knowing quite a few cops over the years and having a brother who is retired RCMP I have sat and listened to them over coffee for many years and they sound just like the rest of us do, wanting more jails and prosecutors, and complaining the judges let everyone off with a slap on the wrist. One thing I have noticed they don't do is lobby the politicians, the police associations go along and support every damn thing the politicians want and do not support their own cause of getting the criminals off the streets. Most police know that the gun registry is a joke and a waste of their time and taxpayer money but when it comes down to it the police bow under and support stuff like this. Sometimes the police are their own worst enemies. When will the police stand up for themselves and quit kissing the politicians and politically appointed nitwits asses that run the RCMP and local municipal police representatives just to make sure they get promoted and get next years budget goodies. The Canadian police association is a joke and I no longer donate a red cent to them. Why are the police not petitioning and protesting on parliament hill. When a member of a police force get killed in the line of duty they appear in mass wearing their red serges and uniforms. If they put that much effort to lobby the politicians maybe they might not have to assemble for so many police funerals.