Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 08-05-2013, 11:11 PM

I'd like to try my hands at some migratory birds this year. If anyone from the edmonton area would be willing to let me tag along I'd be more than willing to pay my own way. I have my own waders and shotgun, just looking for someone experienced to show me the ropes.

I'm usually at wing night on Wednesdays if your interested or message me here.
Thanks

"The problem was this little thing called the government and laws."
Old 08-06-2013, 10:35 PM

i will probably be going after late season moose and deer in Oct and Nov. I live in Sylvan Lake and am an experienced hunter. Give me a call at 403 864-9095 or reply to this message and we can chat, maybe get a trip lined up. Phil.
Old 08-07-2013, 03:38 PM

Just moved to spruce grove. Im early thirties with a young family, working on a 4 on 4 off rotation (EMS). I have been working way to hard in life over the past few years and as a result have lost contact with most of my hunting buddies. I have been hunting (rifle) for a out 6 years or so, mostly for elk and moose. I am a meat hunter first and foremost and then a trophy hunter if the opertunity presents itself. I do enjoy sitting around the fire having a few beverages, however im not the stay up all night parting type. find nowadays it takes way to long to recover. I take my animal from field to cutting table to freezer.

I have my own firearms, gear, quad, fifth wheel, truck, and boat. Im not looking to freeload off of anyone. No draws this year due to a newborn and not knowing how that would go, But the wife gave to ok for hunting this year. Looking to go for general elk multi day trip, as well as the regular weekends.

Just thought i would see if there are any like minded people around or to join a group who is looking to add to there numbers.

Divert

Last edited by Divert; 08-07-2013 at 03:43 PM.
Old 08-08-2013, 08:27 PM

Hey, Just looking for a duck hunting partner around the red deer area for this fall. Im 21 and been hunting for many years now so saftey is always #1 when im hunting. I know a few spots to go hunting around the area and I also have a boat this year so would like to go in sylvan on gull lake and do some hunting. I also have some duck decoys to use. If you know of some good places to hunt that would be great as well.

Send me a PM if you would like to go hunting with me this fall.

Thanks!
Old 08-08-2013, 09:49 PM

Default ~!

Hi All,

Looking to make the transition into goose/duck/upland bird hunting. I am not new to hunting, but I am fairly new to Alberta and definitely new to bird hunting. I have hunted big game in the past. Now located in Calgary.

Basically, I am ready, willing and able to learn/help out with any bird hunting ventures. I have my own hunting gear, but not blinds/decoys/boats. Safety is #1 with me, I have a fiancee expecting me to come home safe and sound :-)

Please PM me if you feel like taking a rookie under your wing//need a second pair of hands.

Thanks

Mit
Old 08-09-2013, 06:47 PM

Default Need help advice!

I'm a first time hunter in Alberta (Calgary) I've got my pal and have completed my hunters education. I'm 32 and from another country but I am a resident and live here. So I don't really know any hunters... We're coming upto hunting season and I don't have a clue!

Where can hunt?
How to I get a hold of tags? (general fill the freezer with deer tags)
Who do I need ask permission for land use etc.

Thanks peeps.
Old 08-09-2013, 09:18 PM

Looking for a sheep hunting partner. I'm fully stocked on my gear and in shape. Ha. Looking at a later September/early October hunt......due to work.
I am in Fort Sask.
Old 08-10-2013, 01:37 PM

Default Partner(s)...

Hey guys. I'm looking for a hunting partner.

I'm 40 years old and work shift work. I have only been hunting for a couple of years now and am primarily a meat hunter. Deer, moose, elk, rabbit, duck...makes no difference once the freezer is full. I really enjoy just being in the bush and being able to take an animal from the woods to my table. I'm quite comfortable and capable in the back country having an ex army background. I have taken a butchering course and am quite comfortable breaking down an entire animal from a feild dressed carcass to a nice lean loin on my own. I have a great collection of meat processing equipment as well and have produced lots of great cuts and sausage!

I have my own firearms, gear and I'm completely willing to share gas, and any other expenses that are encurred. I put in for moose and elk this year but no luck.

I would also be willing to join a group if that what it takes to get me into the woods and put a bit of meat into the freezer.

PM me if I sound like I would make a great addition to a hunting trip...
Adam
Old 08-13-2013, 01:07 PM

Hello guys, I am looking for some local hunting partners if possible. My family and I are native Ontarians "don't hold it against me" and I am new to Alberta. I live in Airdrie and work for Calgary EMS so would be looking for guys that hunt in this area.

I have expereince with big game but I prefer waterfowl hunting and as I understand it most of your shoots go on in fields as compared to water so that will be something to get used to.

Feel free to PM me if you are looking to add someone to your group or as an individual.

Thank you.
Old 08-13-2013, 05:57 PM

Default Gophers

Looking For someone to Hunt Gophers with this weekend In Southern Alberta as ill be down on Holidays. Bringing all my gear down and need to get shown the ropes of Gopher hunting
Old 08-13-2013, 09:23 PM

Hi Jason,

I live in st albert. 28 also looking for a hunting partner. i do have a tent trailer and good knowledge of a hunting area north of here. if your interested we should meet up and discuss.
Old 08-15-2013, 11:44 PM

Hey I read your post from a few years ago and wondered if you are still looking for some hunting partners for this fall?
Let me know .

Brent
Old 08-16-2013, 12:00 AM

Default Whitecourt Hunters

In a bit of dilemma and looking for assistance. We are two very experienced hunters from Manitoba coming to Whitecourt area this fall(gen season) for whitetail/Elk. We have never been to this part of Alberta before to hunt but have hunted Mulies several times farther south.
We have a place to stay but our host has a work schedule issue and his stand-in has become ill recently.
Curious if anyone or group would be willing to take us with you as we do not know the area. Not sure if the host has arranged any permission at this point or if we are hunting crown land. Appreciate any assistance. We would pay for your hunter host permit.
Message me if you have any comments or feedback.
Thanks
Old 08-18-2013, 01:29 PM

Default New First time hunter

Hello everybody,
I Have never been out hunting before and i just need to find somebody willing to take me out and show me the ropes and some basic skills. I live in Calgary I would be so overly thankful if someone would be willing to help me learn
Old 08-24-2013, 10:24 AM

Default New to Alberta

Hey there, we are new to Alberta, and living in Edmonton. We were avid hunters back in BC, close to the Okanagan, and we would love to meet another couple to take us out and show us some spots. And just have a good time with!
We have a 2 year old black lab who is close to fully retrieving birds and rabbits for us, and we love to kick back and have a few drinks around the fire while we're out in the bush. We're country fans, but also rock out to classic rock.

We're hoping to do some whitetail and elk maybe even moose hunting this year, we just need some tips and insider info how the widelife are in this area. And where to find em!

North of Edmonton? West towards jasper before the national park?

I hope we get some bites on this, I kinda feel like I'm making an ad for plenty of fish haha.

Thanks
-Ashleigh and Rick
Old 08-24-2013, 07:03 PM
Banned

Default Late Season Bull Moose WMU 518 Partner Wanted

I have a bull moose tag for 518 for the late season (November) but I really need a partner to help me out as taking a moose by yourself is not fun. I live and own a house in Fort McMurray. If anybody is interested in such a hunt, please let me know. I have hunted moose before in Alberta and Newfoundland. I have an ATV. I have shot and killed deer many times. I know the work involved in that, so that is why I need a moose buddy. Contact me here or send me a text at 780-880-7475.

Last edited by KevGuy; 08-24-2013 at 07:13 PM.
Old 08-24-2013, 07:08 PM

I am looking for some guys that are going on a general season archery elk hunt during the rut in early September. I am retired and very flexible on time. I have been archery hunting for 35 years and have had considerable experience in bow hunting elk. I am self contained with a 4by4 truck, a cargo trailer set up for sleeping, a quad and every thing needed to look after myself for a extended hunting trip in the bush. If there is anybody that is going and would not mind someone extra in camp, I would appreciate you PMing me. If you don't have an elk hunting destination, I can provide some suggestions.
Old 08-24-2013, 07:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf308 View Post
i wanna go big game hunting too this year. i have no problems being the wing man as i dont really hunt big game anymore,i just want to get my wolf ,so if we can work that into as well that would be sweet. i have a 24 ' pull trailer we could take or a brand new big wall tent with cots and wood stove if wanna get really manly.

i usually go wolf hunting in november and seem to have bad luck with it. just me and the dog so it kinda sucks by yourself on small hours at that time of year. hard not to catch a hangover ,then its blown for next morning,haha

hunted big game b4 but mainly just stick to calling in coyotes. and target shooting of course.

lemme know if you need a wing man or wanna get wolf hunting/big game /both(i could use the gutpiles). sent a couple pms to a few fellas here. i live in red deer,been hunting lots b4 but prefer just tagging along, a white tail tag might be in order though soon . need to get shown again how to gut/clean animals. been a while.

You interested in moose in 518 in November?
Old 08-27-2013, 07:10 AM

Default upland game partner

looking to connect to experienced upland bird hunter for easy outings within driving distance of Calgary.
I'm a long experienced fly fisher/instructor...
and a senior.
Old 08-27-2013, 10:10 PM

Hi Roberts,

I just got my hunting license and have been practicing with my bow this last year in Calgary. I'd love to learn from an experienced bow hunter. Still looking for a hunting partner? Please give me a text at 587-580-7540

- Mark
Old 08-28-2013, 01:07 AM

Default Edson and area

30 year old male looking for a hunting partner, Basically i am looking for someone to take me under their wing and show me the ways of BOW hunting. I used to rifle hunt when i was 16-20 but as life gets in the way have lost touch with any skills i had learnt at that time. Im fully ready to go and have all my own gear and will buy whatever you say i need more for you to teach me. I work in the patch out here as many do and dont exactly have the most time in the world but i will try and be as flexible as possible, hunt early mornings and evenings. Would greatly appreciate anything anyone is willing to show me.
Old 08-28-2013, 09:06 PM

Default do you have a moose tag for 214??

my buddy who lives in 214 was staring at 2 moose out his kitchen window a couple nights ago. I would like someone who is experienced and ethical to share in the experience of harvesting a moose. early season for bow or late season with gun, it really doesn't matter.

please send me a pm if you are interested in this awesome opportunity.
Old 08-28-2013, 11:31 PM

Default Looking for a hunting partner in or around the morinville area

Hey guys for the last few years I've been hunting black bear and wolf along with the occasional yote up in the fort mcmurray area. I have moved my family to morinville and hoping to find some hunting/shooting enthusiasts in the area willing to take out a partner, I have all my own gear an maybe enough for you too have a reliable truck quad etc willing to travel within reason for a good hunting spot, if anyone looking for a partner to share the load let me know
Cheers!
Old 08-29-2013, 10:31 PM

Coyote hunting.. Looking to get into this year, I have quad, trailer, truck, rifle.. Geared up.. Missing the skill.. Looking to learn.. Anyone out in the Calahoo, Edmonton area looking for partners..
Old 08-30-2013, 11:49 PM

Default New to Lethbridge

Hello all fellow Outdoorsmen,
I recently moved to Lethbridge for college and am not familiar with the area what so ever. I have lived in Fort McMurray my whole life but do most of my hunting in the Lac La Biche area for moose, Whiteys, and goose. Unfortunately I couldnt bring my rifles or shotguns close enough to me, however my .270 is only a 2.5 hour drive away and I have my bow with me. If anyone is looking for a hunting partner I would be more than happy to get out there and enjoy the great outdoors!!
Old 08-31-2013, 05:19 PM

Default Looking for hunting partner in Calgary area

In my early 30's and relatively new to hunting (1st season was last year for whitetails). Looking to try duck hunting this year. I'm looking for someone with experience and who is willing to offer a little training. I have some calls and decoys and I am willing to help out with blind building, etc. in order to get some education.

Message me if you're interested.
Old 09-01-2013, 08:40 AM

Default Opportunity for 1 or 2 guys..

Are you new to hunting? or finding it tough on your own.. do you want to join us for bow/rifle hunts?

We are looking for 1-2 guys from the Edmonton area, physically fit, who are dedicated enthusiastic hunters to join my dad and I (I'm mid 30's). We would like to have someone join us that has more dedication other then a weekend here or there, that's not hunting, that's just coming out to shoot. It would be great if you could assist us in spending time scouting, getting permissions and actual hunting. We hunt locally every day during the regular rifle season, and go elsewhere camping for elk/moose for 2-3 weeks.
I know there is always a lot of talk out there about how awesome some guys think they are, we are not the best but we have valuable experience, good hunting/shooting skills, and the animals to prove it!
we are farmers ourselves so we have ties with other farmers as well, so our hunting land base is massive.
we are willing to train you to hunt if you don't have the skills. we hunt everything except mtn sheep, goats, and cats. someone with sheep skills would be awesome, as we have never hunted them, but would like to. (we mainly focus
on Elk, Moose, Deer, Geese, Coyotes). we have all our own processing equipment so all our meat is clean, cut, and wrapped to a high standard with no cost, but you have to be willing to help out.
we drink socially, no drugs, and are looking for someone like minded, as we like to joke around a lot and make hunting an awesome experience! no guides or guys that can't keep a secret allowed.

send me a PM if you're game!

some of the spoils of last season... this is just my take, my dad got his game too, but not pictured. I also got my moose, but he's not worth posting unless you admire 6inch paddles.
Attachment 77994Attachment 77995

here are photos of a new guy we brought on in 2011, he hunted with us for the season and this is what he got rewarded with... he has never shot a gun until that fall, and has never hunted in his life prior. zero experience.
Attachment 77997Attachment 77998

Last edited by threeforthree; 10-28-2019 at 05:13 PM.
Old 09-01-2013, 02:50 PM

Ive been bow hunting 248 for 2 years now looking to branch out to rifle this year in Lac Le Biche area or Whitecourt. any one a frequent flyer up there msg me back
Old 09-01-2013, 05:18 PM

Default hey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldone View Post
Coyote hunting.. Looking to get into this year, I have quad, trailer, truck, rifle.. Geared up.. Missing the skill.. Looking to learn.. Anyone out in the Calahoo, Edmonton area looking for partners..
do you have any land permission for hunt on ,i would like to go with you,just easier with land permission,i hunt wolf,coyote too but aint having much land permission
Old 09-01-2013, 10:34 PM

Anybody at U of A hunt birds?