Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 11-02-2010, 08:18 AM

Default Bow Accessories

I think I might have picked what bow I am going to buy. Now I am looking at how to set it up. Wow there is alot of different accessories on the market. Just want to know your thoughts on what is good out there. Or whats on your bow. I plan to use the bow for target and hunting.
Old 11-02-2010, 08:23 AM

http://athensarchery.com/alpha.html

Im going to put the sight and quiver on my bow. I know a couple of people that use these and they love them!
Old 11-02-2010, 10:53 AM

went through a lot of sights but I'm very happy with Spot Hogg Hunter's. Strong and fully adjustable. Went through many rests also and always put my Trophy Taker "Shakey Hunter" back on I really like the QAD design but had to many issue's with arrow contact (yes I set it up properly maybe a zillion times) There is a lot of buzz on Archery Talk and other forums about the Rip cord "Code Red"
very nice drop away. I use a CAT Quiver so I can't suggest a bow mount one. for a Stab try Stingray.
Just some of my thoughts.. good luck
Old 11-02-2010, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter10 View Post
http://athensarchery.com/alpha.html

Im going to put the sight and quiver on my bow. I know a couple of people that use these and they love them!
so you think they will be good on your old Bow..........thanks for the sale and cant wait to try it out. I will call call you soon.
Old 11-02-2010, 09:26 PM

alpine softloc quiver.

spot hogg hogg it sight

QAD HD Rest
Old 11-03-2010, 12:10 AM

Congrats on the bow!! Cant go wrong with a Diamond and I am sure H-10 took good care of it, it will treat you right for a long time!!

As far as accesories go... How much do you you want to spend if you want to
keep it a little cheaper like me when I first set up my bow this is what I shoot and like so far

Rest - Whisker bisquit, Its a trophy ridge dead zone, I think. $60. I like my WB for how simple it is and the containment that said after hunting season I would like to try a drop away. Right now I have my eye on a QAD Ultra rest or a Rip Cord - code red.

Sight - I am shooting a Cobra Smoke 5 pin sight $70. Good sight pins are bright no problems so far. If I look to upgrade I will be taking a long look at the Spot Hog sights.

Quiver - have a 2 piece diamond on my diamond bow, I like it because you just bolt it on and your done its alway there and its quiet, unlike some one piece quivers I think it was $60 bucks. The kwiki Quiver is a decent cheap quiver, as well as soft lock from what i have seen.

As far as stabs go I have a carbon express one $25 bucks at bass pro, its a great start until you can try some more. For more bucks I like the Doinker chubby the apa's

Oh and arrows, need those!! Make sure you get the correct spine and then go cheap to start if you are like me you break quite a few to start, its easier to take if you only spend 5 bucks on each of them instead of $12 buy a dozen. Easton Power flights are a decent cheap arrow to start then upgrade after you wreak those.

Do yourself a favor and head to Jimbows and or the Calgary archery center if you come down to pick up your bow and have them set up your bow if you can buy accesories then, just a thought.

Good luck and welcome to the addiction
Old 11-03-2010, 07:32 AM

sinse this is my first bow, and I have only shot maybe 20 arrows in my life, I thought I would just go big right of the start. I heard lots about the code red, and the QAD rest so one of thoughs is first. I dont know sh!t about sights or arrows so that is next on my research list.