Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-13-2018, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastus View Post
I read these posts and I never thought it would be HARD, but to-night I am wrong.
So sorry, Rastus. What was their name/breed?

Animals give so much and ask so little.

At least you know your pal had an awesome life.
Old 10-14-2018, 05:52 AM

Her name was SANDY and she was a mixed breed, and weighed 75lbs. Spent the first 1 1/2 in a fighting kennel before they got busted and then I got her. Was with me for 12 1/2 years, loved kids and human beings, but was death to other dogs. How do I know? She 'NEVER" got into a fight with another dog, although it was close. In the early years She gave me quite the run around being antisocial toward other dogs, but we survived. Many the time I had her pinned aganist the fence. I HATE DOG RINGS AND HATE DOG FIGHTING "PERIOD" AND WILL REPORT THEM, So be it. Enough said we move on.
Old 10-14-2018, 02:46 PM

I’m really sorry for your loss. Dogs aren’t just pets; they’re much more important than that. In the last four years, we’ve lost our pack of four, all to old age. It almost killed us; just start feeling OK about the last one passing, and another one would.
I’ve never used dogs for hunting, so ours are all small pets. After our last one passed away, we got another puppy, and he really saved us from imploding.
He’s barely a dog; 6lbs of Pomeranian. He’s become my wingman though, and being retired, he goes everywhere with me.
I think as we get older, our dogs take on a completely different role with us. We don’t need a dog that can climb mountains all day, or sit in a cold duck blind, wet. We need the companionship & affection they give...we need their willingness to just be with you, undemanding and happiest in your company. I hope you get past this