Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 08-04-2015, 11:33 AM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by beansgunsghandi View Post
Hey Hal53, did you read the article? When measured by straight balanced budgets or contribution to deficit the NDP do better than the liberals or conservatives. I was kinda shocked too, but the conservative propaganda machine is strong.

Bill C-51 is reason enough to punt Harper. Anyone who values liberty over security shouldn't be voting for Harper. None of the other parties are great either, but Harper has repeatedly put closed government and state surveillance over freedom. Guns aren't what's needed today to preserve freedom, it's freedom of information and freedom from ever-growing government intrusion in the name of "fighting terrorism."

Anyhow, vote NDP for a balanced budget, the environment, and some degree of federal sanity until they too are as corrupt as Harper's operation.
Yup, vote NDP, then you will have to change your handle....no guns allowed......oh, and ask Manitoba how the NDP fiscal policy is working out for them...or check and see how Ontario is doing on paying off the Rae fiasco..
Old 08-04-2015, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beansgunsghandi View Post
Hey Hal53, did you read the article? .
I did. Interesting, but I suspect skewed in that they included federal government data when the NDP has never led a federal government. Better to compare apples with apples and look only provincially. Also, easier to not run a deficit if you are willing to ratchet up taxes. I'd like to see a similar comparison regarding tax increases, or unemployment. The main argument against the NDP is not that they will specifically run up the deficit; it's that they will generally damage the economy.
Old 08-04-2015, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
What are you on about? All the issues you mentioned are provincial. This is one of the "less informed" posts I've seen in a while.
They're not provincial when Harper and his minion Kellie Leitch step in and force you back to work. Then you see the CEO and the PM shaking hands laughing about it. On top of that the CEO is screwing small business here in Canada but Harper doesn't seem to mind as long as his buddy is making tons of cash.

Last edited by raab; 08-04-2015 at 12:19 PM.
Old 08-04-2015, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish_e_o View Post
have you read c-51?

i think your knee is jerking on the bandwagon
I did, and it needs to be rewritten. They don't clearly define terrorist and can call basically anyone a terrorist if they want. Reminds me of the 50's in the States when they'd be able to bring in anyone for questioning as a communist.
Old 08-06-2015, 11:37 AM

Both of them awful, but I think that we would be worse off under the NDP than the Liberals.
Old 08-06-2015, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
They're not provincial when Harper and his minion Kellie Leitch step in and force you back to work. Then you see the CEO and the PM shaking hands laughing about it. On top of that the CEO is screwing small business here in Canada but Harper doesn't seem to mind as long as his buddy is making tons of cash.
What line of work are you in?
Old 08-06-2015, 12:07 PM

The NDP would be the best thing to happen to the economy..... of the United States as corporations would be stampeding to move their investment money and headquarters out of the country.

The figure head with the nice hair at the prow of the red ship would not be much better but definitely not as bad as the crazy guy with the beard.
Old 08-06-2015, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
What line of work are you in?
Work for the railroad right now and can't wait to leave.
Old 08-06-2015, 12:35 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Anything I can do to help speed things up?

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 08-06-2015, 12:37 PM

Quote:
pay and benefits of your evil employer must just be too ^#$#% good, or you already would have left.
Old 08-06-2015, 12:47 PM

Quote:
pay and benefits of your evil employer must just be too ^#$#% good, or you already would have left.
Or you know I have a family to feed and can't go without a month of work trying to find a new job. Pay stinks, and I have no clue what benefits I get as I have requested access to them 3 times in 8 months and still haven't gotten any info. Thats not to mention I haven't had more then 24 hours off in the past 3 months and they work you 8-10 hours a day with one 20 minute break in the yards. It's honestly the worst job I've ever had with the way they're running things. Also like to add that I'm not alone in this thinking, the only employees they have left are guys who are waiting out their last 5 years until retirement or guys with less then 5 years experience. Not to many guys with between 5-20 years experience.
Old 08-06-2015, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfrog View Post
Anything I can do to help speed things up?
I dunno are you looking for guides?
Old 08-06-2015, 12:57 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Or you know I have a family to feed and can't go without a month of work trying to find a new job. Pay stinks, and I have no clue what benefits I get as I have requested access to them 3 times in 8 months and still haven't gotten any info. Thats not to mention I haven't had more then 24 hours off in the past 3 months and they work you 8-10 hours a day with one 20 minute break in the yards. It's honestly the worst job I've ever had with the way they're running things. Also like to add that I'm not alone in this thinking, the only employees they have left are guys who are waiting out their last 5 years until retirement or guys with less then 5 years experience. Not to many guys with between 5-20 years experience.
WOW! so when they showed up at your door looking for help, you couldn't say no? How did they even find you. That was before C51, so you can't blame Steveo for that. Have you tired to explain to them exactly what they are doing wrong?

Old 08-06-2015, 01:02 PM

Quote:
WOW! so when they showed up at your door looking for help, you couldn't say no? How did they even find you. That was before C51, so you can't blame Steveo for that. Have you tired to explain to them exactly what they are doing wrong?
We tried by going on strike, to bad Steve and his minion Leitch didn't seem to care about our side of the story. And if you think I'm the only one that hates it there you have to read through these reviews of the company. http://www.ratemyemployer.ca/Employe...dien-Pacifique
Old 08-06-2015, 01:13 PM

Quote:
OK, lemme help you out here.
1. You don't quit your job to look for another one. You find another job and then quit your first one.

2.You have a union, right? THEY are your representative. THEY are obviously not doing their job if they can't tell you the benefits they negotiated for you are. If you told me the union you are in at CP I could google the CBA and tell you in about 30 seconds. Go to your Local's member area. They should have all benefits listed.

3. If you are being worked illegal hours I would suggest you contact your union and have them start earning their money. It seems you are wasting it paying dues to them.
Old 08-06-2015, 01:26 PM

Quote:
OK, lemme help you out here.
1. You don't quit your job to look for another one. You find another job and then quit your first one.

2.You have a union, right? THEY are your representative. THEY are obviously not doing their job if they can't tell you the benefits they negotiated for you are. If you told me the union you are in at CP I could google the CBA and tell you in about 30 seconds. Go to your Local's member area. They should have all benefits listed.

3. If you are being worked illegal hours I would suggest you contact your union and have them start earning their money. It seems you are wasting it paying dues to them.
1.) I'm currently looking hard for a job. With the not getting time off its becoming hard to go to interviews, testing, etc… but I do the best I can do when I can book my 24 hours off.

2.) On the benefits I know what I'm entitled to but can't get access to the site to start using them and put my family on as dependents. It's just another system that doesn't work at CP.

3) I think they get around having the two 15 minutes breaks and a half hour lunch because they fall under federal employment regulations not the provincial.
Old 08-06-2015, 01:43 PM

Quote:
1.) I'm currently looking hard for a job. With the not getting time off its becoming hard to go to interviews, testing, etc… but I do the best I can do when I can book my 24 hours off.

2.) On the benefits I know what I'm entitled to but can't get access to the site to start using them and put my family on as dependents. It's just another system that doesn't work at CP.

3) I think they get around having the two 15 minutes breaks and a half hour lunch because they fall under federal employment regulations not the provincial.
So tell your union to get the company to put your dependents on and get you a benefit card.

I know federal labour legislation. You can't work the hours and days you say you are. You need to talk to your union.

Man, with a little persistence and energy your complaints could be cleared up with about 20 minutes of your time. Maybe log off the forum for a while and get on the phone. Sorry to be blunt, but.... It isn't harper's fault.
Old 08-06-2015, 02:03 PM

NDP will kill the economy. It's already starting.

http://business.financialpost.com/ne...-expenses-fall

This kind of stuff doesn't just effect oil companies. Think- stock market, pension plans, jobs ect.
Old 08-06-2015, 02:27 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
I dunno are you looking for guides?
NO! If you think working on the railroad all the livelong day is not to your liking, you would absolutely hate working for me.

Wonder why Steve has such a hate on for you. Did you guys go to school together.

Maybe Harper and Leitch, could see that your demands were crazy and a threat to national security.

Your family has been here since 1700? I thought you posted that you immigrated from the Phillipines?

Old 08-06-2015, 02:38 PM

Quote:
So tell your union to get the company to put your dependents on and get you a benefit card.

I know federal labour legislation. You can't work the hours and days you say you are. You need to talk to your union.

Man, with a little persistence and energy your complaints could be cleared up with about 20 minutes of your time. Maybe log off the forum for a while and get on the phone. Sorry to be blunt, but.... It isn't harper's fault.
No it actually is Harpers and the minister of labour Kellie Leitchs fault for ordering back thousands of railway workers who were on a legal strike just 30 hours after they gave there strike notice.this was just another example of how The Conservative Government favours big corporations at the expensense of the working man.A lot of these big company's are nothing more than a dictatorship protected by a democracy under the conservatives.

There are lots of threads like this as of late and that's because of Fear.people are fearful of change and I guess they better get use to the feeling of fear because change is coming this fall.
Old 08-06-2015, 02:43 PM

Quote:
NO! If you think working on the railroad all the livelong day is not to your liking, you would absolutely hate working for me.

Wonder why Steve has such a hate on for you. Did you guys go to school together.

Maybe Harper and Leitch, could see that your demands were crazy and a threat to national security.

Your family has been here since 1700? I thought you posted that you immigrated from the Phillipines?
Or maybe we could look at the reality of the situation and deduce that their palms are being greased along with several other high ups in the conservative party. If you look at the evidence and the crap the cons have pulled in the last tens years it's easy to see they're corrupt, it's just a matter of time until it comes out.

Also as for working for you I may not like it, but it wouldn't be worse then the railroad. Not a chance.
Old 08-06-2015, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetail Junkie View Post
No it actually is Harpers and the minister of labour Kellie Leitchs fault for ordering back thousands of railway workers who were on a legal strike just 30 hours after they gave there strike notice.this was just another example of how The Conservative Government favours big corporations at the expensense of the working man.A lot of these big company's are nothing more than a dictatorship protected by a democracy under the conservatives.

There are lots of threads like this as of late and that's because of Fear.people are fearful of change and I guess they better get use to the feeling of fear because change is coming this fall.
Good on Harper.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montre...work-1.2958335

"Girard said that during labour disputes in the past, CP Rail and its unionized employees agreed to provide a basic level of commuter service. This time, CP Rail and its employees made no such agreement regarding commuter train service."
Old 08-06-2015, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcbride View Post
Good on Harper.

"Girard said that during labour disputes in the past, CP Rail and its unionized employees agreed to provide a basic level of commuter service. This time, CP Rail and its employees made no such agreement regarding commuter train service."
If Harper didn't guarantee Hunter that he'd pass back to work legislation from the get go it probably would have never got to that point. Also why do you think the Union decided against running the commuter trains this time when in the past it was never an issue? Maybe it had something to do with how bad the conditions got? As it is if things go bad in arbitration you can expect either a wildcat strike or the trains to be shutdown due to man power shortage as everyone will be quitting.
Old 08-06-2015, 03:03 PM

Raab, I thought you argued adamantly against the NDP during the prov. election...could be wrong tho.
Old 08-06-2015, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by score View Post
Raab, I thought you argued adamantly against the NDP during the prov. election...could be wrong tho.
I argued for the WRP. I'm not voting for Mulcair either, I just don't trust him and his stand on stay at home moms is deplorable. I'm voting for the guy I trust the most which is the drama teacher who has a good heart. I'm hoping Trudeau mania takes off. I've lived under the Liberals and it wasn't that bad.
Old 08-06-2015, 03:18 PM

Quote:
I argued for the WRP. I'm not voting for Mulcair either, I just don't trust him and his stand on stay at home moms is deplorable. I'm voting for the guy I trust the most which is the drama teacher who has a good heart. I'm hoping Trudeau mania takes off. I've lived under the Liberals and it wasn't that bad.
Ok, so I'm reading along and sure enough it was you and again you state you aren't going to vote for the NDP........then BANG!!!!! TRUDEAU????? Are you kidding me?

You impressed me during the prov. election. Did all that studying up and all in order to make your choice! Impressive and rare these days.

You should seriously do the same here. Seriously. Like really seriously.

Think man. There is NO difference between the Libs and the NDP. None that matter.
Old 08-06-2015, 03:23 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
First he beat the drum for the NDP in Alberta, then he changed his mind.

"Or maybe we could look at the reality of the situation and deduce that their palms are being greased along with several other high ups in the conservative party. If you look at the evidence and the crap the cons have pulled in the last tens years it's easy to see they're corrupt, it's just a matter of time until it comes out.

Also as for working for you I may not like it, but it wouldn't be worse then the railroad. Not a chance."

What evidence. I've asked you for specifics several times and nothing but wild accusations.

You hate your job, I get that, The work is too hard, I get that, not enough money, I get that. How did you ever find this dream job and how does Harper force you to show there every day?

Your credibility is stretched. You said your family has been here since 1700, but IIRC you posted here that you came here from the Phillipines.

IIRC you were also in the financial adviser business, with your own company..

Old 08-06-2015, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Ok, so I'm reading along and sure enough it was you and again you state you aren't going to vote for the NDP........then BANG!!!!! TRUDEAU????? Are you kidding me?

You impressed me during the prov. election. Did all that studying up and all in order to make your choice! Impressive and rare these days.

You should seriously do the same here. Seriously. Like really seriously.

Think man. There is NO difference between the Libs and the NDP. None that matter.
Well traditionally I've voted conservative. I would have in this election to if Harper had stayed out of a labour dispute that directly effected me. Now I have nothing good to say about the man. I understand why some people will vote for him as they haven't been directly effected by his actions like I have. For me he just seems like a greasy weasel who's doing the bidding of the big corporations. Unfortunately this election doesn't have any true leaders who stand out that would be better then Harper, but Trudeau is the better then Mulcair IMO which is why he'll get my vote. If you're in a Union he should get yours as well because it won't be long before Harper comes after every Union member in Canada.
Old 08-06-2015, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcbride View Post
Good on Harper.

Yaa and in the past they were still ordered back to work from legal strikes by the conservative government while the workers provided commuter service to the people.so what's your point?

Next......
Old 08-06-2015, 03:36 PM

Quote:
First he beat the drum for the NDP in Alberta, then he changed his mind.

"Or maybe we could look at the reality of the situation and deduce that their palms are being greased along with several other high ups in the conservative party. If you look at the evidence and the crap the cons have pulled in the last tens years it's easy to see they're corrupt, it's just a matter of time until it comes out.

Also as for working for you I may not like it, but it wouldn't be worse then the railroad. Not a chance."

What evidence. I've asked you for specifics several times and nothing but wild accusations.

You hate your job, I get that, The work is too hard, I get that, not enough money, I get that. How did you ever find this dream job and how does Harper force you to show there every day?

Your credibility is stretched. You said your family has been here since 1700, but IIRC you posted here that you came here from the Phillipines.

IIRC you were also in the financial adviser business, with your own company..
Your recalling wrong about the Phillipines. You should look up how long the Steeves have been in Canada. I do own a business and was going to do financial advising as I invest in the stock market and do well. But the cost of registering is extravagant and I couldn't justify it at this time. I took this "dream" job because I've always loved trains, my grandfather was an engineer, and my dad repaired locomotives for awhile until they moved his job to a different province. They promised me a much better salary then what I'm making, they also didn't highlight the job conditions where you only get one 20 minute break during the day. I understood that I wouldn't get many days off. Which I was fine with if I was making a certain salary so my wife could stay home with the kids. I left a very good job to go to CP because I thought it would be a great career move and was something I always wanted to do. I now look at it as the worst career mistake I've ever made.