Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 08-07-2015, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcbride View Post
snip
it is almost like we need a war or something to bring a lot of people back down to reality.
'Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it.'

The Orwellian distopian vision of tyranny and never-ending war, is exactly what the zio-con military industrial banksters want, and are working hard to maintain.

They have no care for us.

Most of the 'other' political issues (including elections) are just intended and managed distractions.

God save us.
Old 08-07-2015, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post

Did the debate change anyone's mind? . . .

Nope ... not mine!

Mac
Old 08-07-2015, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMe View Post
This is one of a few around... Not pretty, but it's a long time until October 19.

http://poll.forumresearch.com/data/F...20Research.pdf
any one can manipulate number to make a point especially if you are trying to convince every one to vote NDP.

"Support for the Conservatives is highest among the least educated (34%) and lowest among the most educated (19%), while the opposite applies with the NDP (35% and 45%, respectively). NDP support is high among the youngest (under 35 - 41%, 35 to 44 - 42%), females (42%) and the mid
income cohort ($60K to $80K - 45%). Conservatives are supported by those in mid age groups (45 to 54 - 30%) and higher income groups ($80K to $100K - 31%)
. Liberals attract the votes of the wealthiest ($100K to $250K - 32%) and the best educated (28%)"

What constitutes a better education? Getting a masters, doctrines. or the lazy ass hippy who has a art mayor and cant find work? While the working joe is a tradesman without a degree.
Old 08-07-2015, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtG View Post
any one can manipulate number to make a point especially if you are trying to convince every one to vote NDP.

"Support for the Conservatives is highest among the least educated (34%) and lowest among the most educated (19%), while the opposite applies with the NDP (35% and 45%, respectively). NDP support is high among the youngest (under 35 - 41%, 35 to 44 - 42%), females (42%) and the mid
income cohort ($60K to $80K - 45%). Conservatives are supported by those in mid age groups (45 to 54 - 30%) and higher income groups ($80K to $100K - 31%)
. Liberals attract the votes of the wealthiest ($100K to $250K - 32%) and the best educated (28%)"

What constitutes a better education? Getting a masters, doctrines. or the lazy ass hippy who has a art mayor and cant find work? While the working joe is a tradesman without a degree.
That's true, often times the questions are posed to get the answer you want. For example, they probably asked then respondents what level of education they had, high school, trade or university.... The university respondents, even if there were only 3 probably said Liberal or NDP. But the point is there are other education levels and the results are decided out east.
Old 08-07-2015, 12:29 PM

Debates didn't change my mind, actually debates only reinforced my choice of the PM candidate. Let's see:
Liberals - NO!!
NDP - NO F...ING WAY!!!!
Greens - is that a joke?
Old 08-07-2015, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfrog View Post
Thanks for the answer. I guess my question was poorly worded.

I meant 'Which ones are the viable options and what was your source for saying that." Sorry for the confusion.

Your answer is interesting, nonetheless. I have not seen that info on any of the media I've looked at, and I've looked at what I would consider a lot.
Mostly drivel that is on the anti-Harper station otherwise known as CBC. I also read Globe and Mail & National Post each day for election coverage.
Old 08-07-2015, 01:02 PM

Quote:
I entered this election period with an open mind to truly consider the three party's platforms and listen to what they had to say. After watching the debate, and re-watching certain portions, my mind is completely made up. Though he is far from perfect, Stephen Harper clearly showed that he is a steady leader, who has navigated our country through the rough world-wide economic downturn, and has the intellectual gravitas, and moral fortitude, to keep us on the right track.

While the other two had their moments, they both scare the hell out of me. One due to his inexperience, and the other just appears to be hiding his true aspirations for changing Canada in profound ways.

Though things aren't perfect, PM Harper referred to the following prestigious firm that ranks countries based on their reputation. Canada is at the top. It is worth taking three minutes to remind ourselves, and our friends who are undecided, that we live in the best country in the world.

https://www.reputationinstitute.com/...ountry-RepTrak
While I find myself disagreeing with you on some issues, the ones where you're clearly wrong , this is a post that should be able to be made by every voter. Unfortunately most people could never articulate why they vote for who they do.

I'm voting for May just because........
Old 08-07-2015, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by score View Post
While I find myself disagreeing with you on some issues, the ones where you're clearly wrong , this is a post that should be able to be made by every voter.
Not really, because the NDP and Liberals are both running on a platform of change. The point of my post is that Conservative voters would do well to remind people who are hankering for change, that in fact we have the best country in the world overall.
Old 08-07-2015, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Not really, because the NDP and Liberals are both running on a platform of change. The point of my post is that Conservative voters would do well to remind people who are hankering for change, that in fact we have the best country in the world overall.
Yeah I agree. That "change" word may very well get the NDP elected and the voters would never be able to tell you what "change" they want.
Old 08-07-2015, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack88 View Post
Has your day to day life ever changed regarding who's in charge? Or does it just help fill up the general discussion forum?
I think some would have huge changes in their daily lives depending on who was in power. When the RCMP reclassified the Swiss Arms Classic Green rifle, the owners of those rifles were now in possession of a prohibited firearm. Do you think Trudeau or Mulclair would have stepped in to protect those affected?
I don't think they would.
Old 08-07-2015, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Harper is savvy and focused. The drama and controversy around him never seems to be a result of his personal actions. Of course some of his appointments have been less than spectacular, but once the proof is in he deals with it, and then he moves on.

Trudeau and Mulcair and a ton of other politicians impress me with their ability to even move with no spine and carrying all that baggage.
Bingo!

Last edited by abhunter8; 08-07-2015 at 02:37 PM.
Old 08-07-2015, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Adventurer View Post
It was an interesting debate, all candidates made good points but only one person can change the future for Canada. We have seen what the conservatives have done for us, some good but still not enough. The only thing I like about the new democrats intensions is a more stable and affordable child care system and that is it, they are loose cannons.
Any time I hear scandals with our government it shows a big instability, just like Harper wasting our tax dollars for this prolonged election shows me the biggest and ugly public scandal the conservatives have shown us to date.
In a time where Canada and the average family is struggling to keep up with this rapid shift in a down ward spiral he could be spending our money that he is clearly wasting on more proactive things instead of burning our tax dollars in a barrel to make sure he stays nice and warm. If this is harpers response to Controlling a situation Where so many Canadians are taking a serious hit, it just shows how much he is actually doing for us all and is a rather selfish approach to good governing.
This debate has not changed my mind and I love Harpers attack adds on Trudeau, as he obviously can see who the party to beat is. And to say that Trudeau is lacking experience is a bold statement as the man has grown up around politics from the day he was put on this earth. You can't tell me that this intelligent man that has a very level headed approach to building a nation to be proud of has not had most of his life to ponder on what would be best for all of us Canadians. He has seen what has failed and what has been successful through life's trials and tribulations of the politicians past. Just like a man teaching his son on what mistakes not to make that he has dealt with over his life from his own personal experiences. It takes a life time to gain that wisdom. I say Justin Trudeau has that wisdom and has what it takes to build a government that Canada has never seen before. I vote liberal
If you don't like scandals, wasted money and downward spirals then you are voting for the wrong person! If you want change from the best country in the world... Voting for Trudeau will definitely get you that change! I will casting my vote to make sure that self righteous punk doesn't win!

Last edited by abhunter8; 08-07-2015 at 02:36 PM.
Old 08-07-2015, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benamen View Post
I think some would have huge changes in their daily lives depending on who was in power. When the RCMP reclassified the Swiss Arms Classic Green rifle, the owners of those rifles were now in possession of a prohibited firearm. Do you think Trudeau or Mulclair would have stepped in to protect those affected?
I don't think they would.
That was a greasy, knee jerk reaction with a side story to it. Only affected about .0001% of the population.
I'm talking about the general population, the sheep, the old farts on AO that are brainwashed by the media.
Old 08-07-2015, 02:41 PM

Quote:
That was a greasy, knee jerk reaction with a side story to it. Only affected about .0001% of the population.
I'm talking about the general population, the sheep, the old farts on AO that are brainwashed by the media.
Seems to me that "the old farts on AO" are some of the few that are not brainwashed by the media.
Old 08-07-2015, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Seems to me that "the old farts on AO" are some of the few that are not brainwashed by the media.
Old 08-07-2015, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Has your day to day life ever changed regarding who's in charge? Or does it just help fill up the general discussion forum?

Yours has from what it should have been, you just don't know it. Every single day of your life you are paying more tax and have less personal freedoms directly due to the pet liberal years and their failed attempts at social engineering, and of course the massive bureaucracy that shouldered Canada with.

It's going to take decades of good government exhibiting the conservative values that MADE Canada the best place in the world to live to repair the damage done by PET.

Ain't no old farts brainwashed by the media, we can see crap coming down the pipe before it's flushed.
Old 08-07-2015, 02:52 PM

Quote:
It sounded like your original question was directed at the OP. And to ask that question on this board which represents .000163588571% of the population of Canada doesn't make sense if you were directing the question to the general population.
Hey score I am with you.
Old 08-07-2015, 03:18 PM

I think you can call Stephen Harper old and corrupt. However the opposition is actually inept. No one can say with a straight face, Stephen is not smart and intelligence. I'm sure his IQ is off the charts, and neither of the other party leader are of the same intellect. The debates over the years showed that time and time again Ignatief, Dion, Layton, May have never been a challenge. The only one with possibly on par intellectually as Harper was Duceppe.

For me that is why I may vote for him. I've admired the intelligence albeit never casted a vote for him, but if this election means something, I may this time.

Its not about ideology. ts purely for me about competence. I hate Harper's style, many of his views, and his disdain for proceedure, democracy, the taxpayer to a certain extent, and his corruption. When your forced to vote for the guy cause the opposition is just bad, that sucks.
Old 08-07-2015, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suka View Post
Yours has from what it should have been, you just don't know it. Every single day of your life you are paying more tax and have less personal freedoms directly due to the pet liberal years and their failed attempts at social engineering, and of course the massive bureaucracy that shouldered Canada with.

It's going to take decades of good government exhibiting the conservative values that MADE Canada the best place in the world to live to repair the damage done by PET.

Ain't no old farts brainwashed by the media, we can see crap coming down the pipe before it's flushed.
Suka, I'm 100% with you. The only thing I am different on is that I don't polarize political parties. They are all bad.

The Americans are the worst at throwing the liberal-hippy this, conservative-whitetrash that. Every election that goes by, the overall health of their country gets driven deeper into the ground. When I say "their country" I'm talking the middle class. I just see it happening here, figured I'd drop a few lines.

What I'm saying is that there are too many distractions that you guys talk about. The middle class just keeps getting fleeced, right across North America. Peel the layers back, find out who is really pulling the strings.
Old 08-07-2015, 03:30 PM

Quote:
That "change" word may very well get the NDP elected and the voters would never be able to tell you what "change" they want.
See, there is something we both agree on

This business of CHANGE is just another nebulous politician promise to grab the hearts and minds of the discontented. Remember Obummer's famous chant, "Yes we can!" What was he even talking about???

You know what needs to be changed in Canada? Not very much at all. It is better now than it has ever been. Why tip the apple cart?
Old 08-07-2015, 03:48 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:

Well, everyone can take the rest of the day off. Suka has done all your work for you.

That is exactly where it started and now the libs want you to sign op for Trudeau the sequel. The first one stank and this one will stank worse. The only time either visited the real world was to show their children how the two legged sheep lived.

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 08-07-2015, 04:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhunter8 View Post
If you don't like scandals, wasted money and downward spirals then you are voting for the wrong person! If you want change from the best country in the world... Voting for Trudeau will definitely get you that change! I will casting my vote to make sure that self righteous punk doesn't win!
I don't feel the need to see if others agreed with my sound decisions, but thought I'd take a look at what others think about the choice they plan on making, with out attacking the choice they have made.
let me guess you voted ndp? Probably a bang on assumption. Why you or others waste your time voicing on others opinions or quoting our beliefs is really a waste of your time, just like Harper wasting our tax dollars on this election and his attack adds. Those who have done their home work, which is probably quite a few of us, have already decided on who they're casting the ballot on and are merely stating why we made that decision. So I guess all I really half to say to your retort is your just not ready, to leave your bubble and see that change is needed and badly. And will casting your vote (quote) like others that chose to vote out of spite, exactly what our voting system doesn't need anymore of. Do us all a favor and stay home on election day.
Old 08-07-2015, 04:32 PM
Banned

Why yes it did change my opinion.

Trudeau and Muclair have now made my most hated list.

Now its just a close race between Harper and Elie May
Old 08-07-2015, 04:32 PM

Quote:
So I guess all I really half to say to your retort is your just not ready, to leave your bubble and see that change is needed and badly.
Alberta's PC gov't was rotten to the core and 3/4 of Albertans voted to move the entitled crooks out to pasture. Though many of us disagree vehemently on which party was best to clean the halls of the Legislature out.

Please elaborate on what the badly needed changes at the Federal level are.

Last edited by sns2; 08-07-2015 at 04:42 PM.
Old 08-07-2015, 04:38 PM

Quote:

100% correct sir!
Old 08-07-2015, 04:43 PM
Gone Hunting

" 3/4 of Albertans voted to move the entitled crooks out"

More made up facts.

We didn't even have 3/4 of Albertans show up at the polls to vote, but carry on, math is hard.

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 08-07-2015, 04:47 PM

Quote:
I don't feel the need to see if others agreed with my sound decisions, but thought I'd take a look at what others think about the choice they plan on making, with out attacking the choice they have made.
let me guess you voted ndp? Probably a bang on assumption. Why you or others waste your time voicing on others opinions or quoting our beliefs is really a waste of your time, just like Harper wasting our tax dollars on this election and his attack adds. Those who have done their home work, which is probably quite a few of us, have already decided on who they're casting the ballot on and are merely stating why we made that decision. So I guess all I really half to say to your retort is your just not ready, to leave your bubble and see that change is needed and badly. And will casting your vote (quote) like others that chose to vote out of spite, exactly what our voting system doesn't need anymore of. Do us all a favor and stay home on election day.
I absolutely did not vote NDP, I am not you, Mr. Change for the worse! Thanks for trying to sway people away from the only decision that makes sense (PC) . Yes I would like to see more accountability and less waste in government and if we just stood up and demand it, maybe we will get somewhere. Voting for the change as you speak is not the answer!
Old 08-07-2015, 04:50 PM

Harper got rid of registry (Bill C68) and I won`t for get that.
Old 08-07-2015, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Why waste my time, you are voting for The Fed Libs... you have obviously no sense and not learned from history.

Last edited by abhunter8; 08-07-2015 at 04:58 PM.
Old 08-07-2015, 05:36 PM

Quote:
" 3/4 of Albertans voted to move the entitled crooks out"

More made up facts.

We didn't even have 3/4 of Albertans show up at the polls to vote, but carry on, math is hard.
Oh the horror! It was only 72.2% of voters who cast a ballot against the PCs.