Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-13-2019, 09:32 PM
Banned

Default Wards Auction this weekend

http://www.wardsauctions.com/sales/2...uns/index.html
Old 03-13-2019, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gifted Intuitive View Post

If you've ever been to one of these you'll know there's not a ton of deals to be had. It's like people go to gun auctions having no clue what things sell for at a retail store.
Old 03-14-2019, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270person View Post
If you've ever been to one of these you'll know there's not a ton of deals to be had. It's like people go to gun auctions having no clue what things sell for at a retail store.
And exactly the opposite often happens as well, stuff goes for way more than what you can get it for at a store. I have been going to these for a couple years hoping for a good deal on an SKS, but they usually end up selling for the same as or more than regular at Cabela's.
I'm still kicking myself in the butt over not buying one when they were on sale for $200.00 a couple seasons ago.
You have to know what you want and market value. Its very easy to get caught up in the excitement!
Old 03-14-2019, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nast70 View Post
And exactly the opposite often happens as well, stuff goes for way more than what you can get it for at a store. I have been going to these for a couple years hoping for a good deal on an SKS, but they usually end up selling for the same as or more than regular at Cabela's.
I'm still kicking myself in the butt over not buying one when they were on sale for $200.00 a couple seasons ago.
You have to know what you want and market value. Its very easy to get caught up in the excitement!
Just take a cool head and you'll be fine. It's the popular guns that sell well beyond their real value, if your tastes don't jive with the masses, some bargains to be had. At the Olds auction, one of those Judge guns sold for over 600. plus 10 % buyers fee, a lot of money for something that is neither pistol, rifle or shot gun and restricted to boot.

Grizz
Old 03-14-2019, 08:31 AM

Mc Dougall auctions in Saskatoon has a monthly online auction prices are high for guns in demand on there as well.
Old 03-14-2019, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nast70 View Post

That's what I was saying. People bidding 10% higher than Cabela's everyday sell price and thinking they're getting a deal. Then forking out additional fees in some cases as well. It's nuts.

"I got a smokin deal on a circa 1910 Winchester 25-20 with a shot out bore and no rear sight. Only $ 700.00."

Well done auction guru.

The odd firearm goes for a reasonable price but there's more of the 25-20 scenario than the latter. That's the auctioneer's job I guess.