Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-01-2019, 11:03 AM
Banned

Default Medical marijuana seeds?

Does anyone have some high CBD strain seeds? I need it for my Ankylosing spondylitis and don't need any high THC strains. I have inquired at the stores and they can't get their hands on them yet. The internet sells them for greedy prices of 3 for $80 and there is a breeder online that sells for $1-$6 a seed but he is so backlogged that I cannot put an order in.

They are legal, so please keep your comments to yourself if you have nothing productive to say.
Old 02-01-2019, 12:36 PM

Google "True North Seed Bank"
Old 02-01-2019, 12:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickakooKookoo View Post
Google "True North Seed Bank"
That is still quite a bit. $15- $50 a seed pus shipping?

Thank you for helping out.
Old 02-01-2019, 12:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloszz View Post
Does anyone have some high CBD strain seeds? I need it for my Ankylosing spondylitis and don't need any high THC strains. I have inquired at the stores and they can't get their hands on them yet. The internet sells them for greedy prices of 3 for $80 and there is a breeder online that sells for $1-$6 a seed but he is so backlogged that I cannot put an order in.

Anyone who believes that money doesn't grow on trees is very confused...

They are legal, so please keep your comments to yourself if you have nothing productive to say.
Three seeds can be grown into "mother plants" and cloned as many times as you need, typically growers will sprout and grow a dozen or more seeds and select the the 3 or 4 alpha plants and use them as "mothers" cloning a weak mother will produce weak clones, cloning an alpha female will produce strong healthy clones.

Youtube has many videos on how to do this, also look i HIGHLY recommend buying a copy of the Indoor/outdoor medical growers Bible and the Cannabis encyclopedia both authored by Jose Cervantes.

https://youtu.be/jT_c-NH22Do

https://youtu.be/n6ZCZljAxtg

Last edited by ReconWilly; 02-01-2019 at 12:57 PM.
Old 02-01-2019, 12:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReconWilly View Post
Three seeds can be grown into "mother plants" and cloned as many times as you need, typically growers will sprout and grow a dozen or more seeds and select the the 3 or 4 alpha plants and use them as "mothers" cloning a weak mother will produce weak clones, cloning an alpha female will produce strong healthy clones.

Youtube has many videos on how to do this, also look i HIGHLY recommend buying a copy of the Indoor/outdoor medical growers Bible and the Cannabis encyclopedia both authored by Jose Cervantes.
A plant creates thousands of seeds. Now it is becoming more profitable to start selling clones and seeds than the buds themselves. It is another greedy business that thieves have got their hands on. You can buy 1kg of hemp seeds for $15-$20 but marijuana seeds are so much? It is extortion.
Old 02-01-2019, 01:00 PM

Sign up for TNSB's email newsletter and wait til they have a sale. If you spend $100-$200 it should average $10/seed after shipping. And yeah, then just mother them out so you don't need to buy anymore for a while.
Old 02-01-2019, 01:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
A plant creates thousands of seeds. Now it is becoming more profitable to start selling clones and seeds than the buds themselves. It is another greedy business that thieves have got their hands on. You can buy 1kg of hemp seeds for $15-$20 but marijuana seeds are so much? It is extortion.
Yes allowing government to regulate this stuff is going to make it so much worse...we don't have legal weed, we now have heavily taxed and regulated corporate government controled weed...the intention was never to make it easier for people, but to make it easier for the government to control...how many people voted based on that alone?
Hilarious!
Growing your own was the last form of government independence...now they control that too...sad days.

The old timers that built the industry are being replaced by inferior corporate third world suppliers.

Not all strains are stable enough to produce seeds making the only way to get your hands on the strain is that you have a have a source of clones.(mother or supplier)
Old 02-01-2019, 02:01 PM

Default thousands of seeds

if you are getting thousands of seeds you are doing something wrong. Only fertilized female plants produce seeds and you dont want them fertilized to produce CBD buds.
Was a company in Vancouver near my daughters that was selling cloned female plants for $25 shipped but not sure in this weather they would make it to Calgary alive. As has been said once you acquire one female plant take clones rather than wait for seeds to germinate and grow and show what sex they are. Cloning female plants only produces female plants unless you stress them and they become hermies.
Old 02-01-2019, 03:14 PM

Type in Crop King Seeds, out of Vancouver.
Old 02-01-2019, 03:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwbirds View Post
if you are getting thousands of seeds you are doing something wrong. Only fertilized female plants produce seeds and you dont want them fertilized to produce CBD buds.
Was a company in Vancouver near my daughters that was selling cloned female plants for $25 shipped but not sure in this weather they would make it to Calgary alive. As has been said once you acquire one female plant take clones rather than wait for seeds to germinate and grow and show what sex they are. Cloning female plants only produces female plants unless you stress them and they become hermies.
Not wrong. I think I miscommunicated it. If you collect the pollen and pollinate a female, she takes well; she can produce from 200 to 1500 seeds. Sell even 150 seeds at $15 a seed and you've already got yourself over two grand cash. There are people out there like Jahseeds that want to actually help people and not rip them off.

You can also buy seeds cheap in Poland but I'm not sure if it's legal to bring them here with the new laws and stuff.
Old 02-01-2019, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Not wrong. I think I miscommunicated it. If you collect the pollen and pollinate a female, she takes well; she can produce from 200 to 1500 seeds. Sell even 150 seeds at $15 a seed and you've already got yourself over two grand cash. There are people out there like Jahseeds that want to actually help people and not rip them off.

You can also buy seeds cheap in Poland but I'm not sure if it's legal to bring them here with the new laws and stuff.
I did the calculations a while back.

20000 to 27000 seeds per pound.
44 pounds in a bushel.
30 bushels per acre.

Wouldn't it be nice to only plant 2 acres one time and retire....

40 to 50 seeds per gram. 28 grams per ounce= 1120 to 1250 seeds.
1120 to 1250 seeds @ $5 per seed = 5600 to 6250 per ounce
1120 to 1250 seeds @ $15 per seed = 16,800 to 18,750 per ounce

So an ounce of seeds can be worth between $5600 to $18,750.
I would think most people will grow just the sell the seeds. The guberment isn't going to want to sell seeds.

So on the low end.... $5600 per ounce of seeds and 16 ounces per pound = $89,600.00 per pound.
44 lbs to the bushel @ $89,600.00 per lb. = 3,942,900.00
20 bushels to the acre = 78,848,000.00

Times 3 if you pay 15 bucks a seed.
It is when you walk alone in nature that you discover your strengths and weaknesses. ~ Red Bullets
Old 02-01-2019, 04:55 PM
Suspended User

I remember getting an ounce of seeds from a pound of Columbian way back in the day. Looked at it as a $150 loss. Things sure changed.
Old 02-02-2019, 02:48 PM

Google cannabis perpetual harvest.

The idea is you take your grow area split it into 2 or 3 areas.
Seedling
veg
flower

or
seedling/veg
flower

Basically right before you set your plant to flower cycle you take cuttings and clone the next batch of plants. After your initial set of seeds you never need another one until you switch strains .

but every 8 weeks or so depending on strain you can have a harvest.

Always keeping in mind the 4 plant max so likely this would only work for flowering 1 plant at a time. for a regular home grower
Old 02-02-2019, 03:05 PM

Maybe UNICEF sells them?
Old 02-02-2019, 08:29 PM

Where are you located?
Old 02-02-2019, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bullets View Post
I did the calculations a while back.

20000 to 27000 seeds per pound.
44 pounds in a bushel.
30 bushels per acre.

Wouldn't it be nice to only plant 2 acres one time and retire....

40 to 50 seeds per gram. 28 grams per ounce= 1120 to 1250 seeds.
1120 to 1250 seeds @ $5 per seed = 5600 to 6250 per ounce
1120 to 1250 seeds @ $15 per seed = 16,800 to 18,750 per ounce

So an ounce of seeds can be worth between $5600 to $18,750.
I would think most people will grow just the sell the seeds. The guberment isn't going to want to sell seeds.

So on the low end.... $5600 per ounce of seeds and 16 ounces per pound = $89,600.00 per pound.
44 lbs to the bushel @ $89,600.00 per lb. = 3,942,900.00
20 bushels to the acre = 78,848,000.00

Times 3 if you pay 15 bucks a seed.
You can hardly get an air seeder turned around in a couple acres. Might as well plant at least 80 acres
Old 02-03-2019, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReconWilly View Post

https://youtu.be/jT_c-NH22Do

https://youtu.be/n6ZCZljAxtg
Recommended to only clone 3 times max. Search and read more information on cloning.

Gonna get me a 16" perch.
Old 02-03-2019, 10:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim473 View Post
Recommended to only clone 3 times max. Search and read more information on cloning.
Yes mothers will only produce healthy clones up to a certain age, i know some mothers that produced well for 5-6 years(6 crops/year@240+ clones each time) in a sea of green setup, each 8x4 table has 2 lights and 50 clones in 1 gallon buckets, these plants are flipped from a vegetative grow cycle(18 hours of light 6 hours of dark/day) to a flowering grow cycle(12 hours of light/12 hours of dark/day) as soon as they are transplanted from the clone tray into the 1 gallon pots, this keeps them small compact and ensures the light will get to the bottom of the plants,producing more consistent quality, it's also easier to harvest this way, less waste. The sea of green method works best for indica strains but not so much for tall lanky sativa strains.

Also cloning clones is not recommended, there is no such thing as a perfect copy, cloning cloned clones will not produce nearly as well as clones from a source mother grown from seed.

Ideally replacing moms every couple years is recommended.

Last edited by ReconWilly; 02-03-2019 at 11:08 AM.
Old 02-04-2019, 08:17 AM

Get 100 free cbd seeds right here. http://overgrowcanada.com/cannabis/seed-strains/ share the love. They do appreciate a small donation to help defray the costs but for those that can't afford as little as $4.20 the seeds are free.

Last edited by Unregistered user; 02-04-2019 at 08:34 AM.
Old 02-04-2019, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered user View Post
Get 100 free cbd seeds right here. http://overgrowcanada.com/cannabis/seed-strains/ share the love. They do appreciate a small donation to help defray the costs but for those that can't afford as little as $4.20 the seeds are free.
Neat, thanks for posting!
Old 02-04-2019, 10:37 PM

You're welcome, hopefully it works for the OP. I have my order in.
Old 02-05-2019, 10:52 AM

Crop King seeds are garbage. Buyer beware.
Old 02-05-2019, 11:08 AM

The self dubbed "Prince of Pot", Marc Emery made a fortune ripping people off on seeds in the 90's and 2000's, many seed companies do the same, you have no real way of knowing that you got what you paid for until it's too late, if ever.

I just picked up some "Temple" CBD only bud locally, hurts at $42 for 3.5g but the wife doesn't do THC, so it was something to try, and so far shes sleeping better and in less pain but likely not enough to get her off the crappy meds she's being given, unfortunately. The part that really hurts is that they market it as a "hybrid", and sell for top dollar and realistically we're looking at a cannabis ruderalis which is cheap and found all over Eastern Europe and Russia on the side of the road... yay, government.
Old 02-05-2019, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRE75 View Post
The self dubbed "Prince of Pot", Marc Emery made a fortune ripping people off on seeds in the 90's and 2000's, many seed companies do the same, you have no real way of knowing that you got what you paid for until it's too late, if ever.

I just picked up some "Temple" CBD only bud locally, hurts at $42 for 3.5g but the wife doesn't do THC, so it was something to try, and so far shes sleeping better and in less pain but likely not enough to get her off the crappy meds she's being given, unfortunately. The part that really hurts is that they market it as a "hybrid", and sell for top dollar and realistically we're looking at a cannabis ruderalis which is cheap and found all over Eastern Europe and Russia on the side of the road... yay, government.
You should try out the oils shops sell, CBD/THC oil has worked wonders for my occasional back pain and if you get a low THC/High CBD ratio oil you probably wont even feel the effects
Old 02-05-2019, 12:51 PM

I make my own edible oil and smokable oil, but because it was with the usual higher THC and lower CBD types it wasn't working for the wife (the neighbours are a different story and helped me get rid of the stuff she can't/won't use LOL) but if I was able to grow some CBD dominant plants, I could in turn use it for concentrates for her.

At $335 an ounce from the stores, that's not happening, so we'll see how it goes.
Old 02-05-2019, 02:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRE75 View Post

I bought the same stuff for my mom since she has fibro and osteoarthritis. I will see how she feels after a few days. It's temple bu the strain is cannatonic. I may just get those free seeds and just plant a bunch all over my friends and picky he best ones and make oil.
Old 02-05-2019, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickakooKookoo View Post
Crop King seeds are garbage. Buyer beware.

not garbage. had a friend with 6ft tall haze plants he got from crop king and they were impressive to say the least. grown straight from seed. 100% germ rate too. im sure there are bad batches from everyone but from what i have seen, they are fine.
Old 02-05-2019, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Well, hard to tell but their site looks legitimate. See if I wasted $20.00 in a few weeks. Thanks for posting.
Old 02-06-2019, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Thanks! Ordered and donated.
Old 02-07-2019, 08:59 AM

True North Has a 70% off Medicinal strains sale on right now.