Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 04-27-2008, 11:17 AM

Default lac des iles sask.

have any of you ever fished lac des iles in sask-a-bush? if so is it worth a look?
Old 04-27-2008, 05:14 PM

Never fished it myself, but my uncle practicaly lives there and I seen pictures of lots of nice pike. He had a yearly campsite for a couple of years.
Old 04-27-2008, 05:46 PM

I fished there 10 years ago. Average for pike & walleye. We stayed in in the Lac Des Illes Resort cabins, lake front, great cabins. nice beach for the kids. they also have a little store there, boat and canoe rentals. If you are looking for better fishing try Misthay Lake(not sure of spelling) It is not far east of Lac Des Illes , follow the road that goes thru Meadow Lake Prov. Park,on the north side of the road. At that time it was just a rustic campsite. GOOD LUCK.
Old 04-28-2008, 04:38 PM

There are some great walleye in there if you know where to go. Also good pike and some nice perch in the bays. Only thing I didn't like was the wind was horrible on the resorts side for launching a boat - big waves. Blue berries are incredible there.
Old 04-28-2008, 08:53 PM

Fished there 30 years ago as a kid. Had my picture on the wall at the store for one of the bigger walleye caught there that year. Was a very nice place as i remember, have not been back in 30 years. I recently read somewhere on the internet that the fishing has not been the best there the last few years, but i could be wrong. Good luck, and remember any day fishing beats being at
work!

Richard
Old 04-28-2008, 09:06 PM
willy11

Grew up in nearby Meadow Lake and have fished there. Good if you ask me. Walleye and jackfish.
Old 05-07-2008, 10:53 PM

Fishing for info eh el Sparko? Think you are gonna beat ol Walleyewarrior???? I am the leader and will outfish you all. So hold on to your pants and watch the master do his work. Remember it takes a real man to catch fish out of a toilet bowl!!!!
Old 05-08-2008, 07:45 PM

Default lac des iles

Fished there alot while I was growing up and the fishing was great then "20 years ago". I was up there last year and Caught two pike pushing 20 pounds,and alot around 5 to 7 pounds. try Ranger bay for pike and the island on the far east side for good wally action, hope this helps.
Old 05-08-2008, 08:09 PM

Default curse you piepants!!

well!... i never!! that's big talk coming from a guy with who left his fancy-schmancy new rod on the bottom of pidgon lake last year.
must have been one of them "bigguns" that ripped it from your guy-jantic hands eh?
Old 05-08-2008, 08:52 PM

Default Fished it last Summer

Watch for the weather coming in. Once on the lake it is a like any big lake, the waves, I mean swales get huge....but there are always polaces to hide. My group caught some jack, but didn't get the walleye. It was a mixed bag of weather and rained alot. The far bay to very left from the main campground, can't remember names right now, but it gets shallow before you get it it, lots of bigger jack. Good Luck.
Old 05-09-2008, 07:37 AM

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.
Old 05-09-2008, 07:43 AM

El sparko. It was a small sacrifice to the fish gods to ensure years of productive fishing. Never much liked that's combo anyways. You talk the talk but never walk the walk,ill let the livewell speak for me .being your crying towel you will need it. BRING IT ON BEYATCH!!
Old 05-09-2008, 05:35 PM

hey pp pants, you know i'm too fat to "walk the walk" but i will just have to waddle the waddle
Old 05-09-2008, 05:59 PM

Lay off the cheeseburgers TUBBY. I'm gonna being the smackdown down weekend. What are you going to dowhen the WALLEYEwarrior comes crashing down on you?!!?!
Old 05-09-2008, 08:18 PM

Fished it last June. Walleye was horrible. Pike was pretty good. Lots of 4-8 lbers. Fished along south/central shores and did pretty good.