Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 09-13-2020, 04:11 PM

Default Colton Boushie documentary airs on tv for the first time today.

https://leaderpost.com/news/local-ne...box=1599924123
Old 09-13-2020, 06:19 PM

Although i wish things played out differently for all those involved (wish no shoots were fired). I think a lack of accountability of ones own actions were very missed in this documentary. I find not taking accountability for ones actions, seems to becoming a sad normal for the world we live in.
Old 09-13-2020, 06:26 PM

Que the next big payday. Tax payers are feeling generous lately...
Old 09-13-2020, 06:38 PM

I haven't seen it, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Colton is portrayed as a wonderful loving guy, who was murdered by a white man, and there was no 'justice' in court because, Racism.

And I don't have the strength left in my soul to entertain that narrative of lies for even a second.

If Colton had been sober that day, working at a paying job somewhere, there is a 100% probability that Gerald Stanley would not have left his work, on his land, with his family, and tracked Colton down to kill him.

Maybe his mom should have raised him better and he wouldn't have got killed in the midst of his crime spree.

Flame away.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 09-13-2020, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
I haven't seen it, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Colton is portrayed as a wonderful loving guy, who was murdered by a white man, and there was no 'justice' in court because, Racism.

And I don't have the strength left in my soul to entertain that narrative of lies for even a second.

If Colton had been sober that day, working at a paying job somewhere, there is a 100% probability that Gerald Stanley would not have left his work, on his land, with his family, and tracked Colton down to kill him.

Maybe his mom should have raised him better and he wouldn't have got killed in the midst of his crime spree.

Flame away.
This ^^^^.
Old 09-13-2020, 06:43 PM

Quote:

Flame away.
An armed criminal got killed while on a drunken crime spree, no loss to society. Of course, they will make him out to be a hero to suit their agenda.

Last edited by elkhunter11; 09-13-2020 at 06:48 PM.
Old 09-13-2020, 06:43 PM
Banned

Default Heap

Quote:

Flame away.
X2!, perfect post!
Old 09-13-2020, 06:44 PM

Quote:

Flame away.
Absolutely....Watching part of this documentary, I want to punch a hole in the wall. Making him out as a great kid? They need to take responsibiltiy for their unlawful abiding kids for once.

Go to APTN facebook page and let them know how you feel.

Last edited by Trager; 09-13-2020 at 06:53 PM.
Old 09-13-2020, 06:49 PM

I love how the article say that it shouldn't have happened. mabey if we had the right to protect out property these low life losers wouldn't go around stealing **** from people who work hard for there stuff. The kid got what he deserved his trashy parents should have raised him better.
Old 09-13-2020, 07:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmd View Post
I love how the article say that it shouldn't have happened. mabey if we had the right to protect out property these low life losers wouldn't go around stealing **** from people who work hard for there stuff. The kid got what he deserved his trashy parents should have raised him better.
How's that go ?? No bad dogs just bad owners
Old 09-13-2020, 07:08 PM

I'm also going to go out on a limb and say this thread disappears before it goes two pages. I get it, too. We live in fragile time.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 09-13-2020, 07:30 PM

Quote:
I'm also going to go out on a limb and say this thread disappears before it goes two pages. I get it, too. We live in fragile time.
My bet too. It won’t be just closed it will completely disappear...
Old 09-13-2020, 07:52 PM

Not even going to waste the time too turn on the TV for that biased crap!
Cat
Old 09-13-2020, 08:29 PM

The film crew should have just replayed a John Wayne film were the raiding war party got there *****€$ handed to them. Would have saved alot of money and time
Old 09-13-2020, 08:37 PM

I have not watched the film yet either but I am going to, I’m curious to see the spin that is put on this. My thoughts mirror those of others posted here so far, but that’s ok, everyone is entitled to their opinion. Sometimes I watch real bizarre conspiracy theory sort of documentaries about faking the moon landing, who shot JFK or the Illuminati. Doesn’t mean you have to believe it. It it’s ok to get a a different narrative sometimes. I remember going to the theatre to watch Michael Moore’s “Fahrenheit 911” my blood pressure rose so quickly I had to get up and leave. Hopefully this is different.
Old 09-13-2020, 08:39 PM

Being produced by the CBC gauarentees that there will be more sympathy and truth.
In our current atmosphere you are at risk of being labled racist if you produced a show that put the vocal minorities in a bad light no matter how much evidence supports it.
Old 09-13-2020, 08:43 PM

Not going to watch it and the fact that this documentary was even made shows Canada has major issues
Old 09-13-2020, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky buck View Post
Not going to watch it and the fact that this documentary was even made shows Canada has major issues
It never ceases to amaze me that there are people out there willing to take the vilest character and turn him into a poor misguided soul, deserving our sympathy. The Media is largely at fault because they enable it. We are screwed.

Grizz
Old 09-13-2020, 08:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky buck View Post
I’ll go one step further and say North America has some major problems. Too many liberals on this island.
Old 09-13-2020, 08:55 PM

Default Gerald Stanley

The verdict in this trial was correct. The blame for this incident lies solely with the parents and their inability to raise their kid. Always easier to point the blame elsewhere as opposed to recognizing their ineptness.
Old 09-13-2020, 09:56 PM

Every person that gets killed by police or another low-life is the sweetest guy, shirt off the back type it seems. It's uncanny
Old 09-13-2020, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle Rat View Post
Being produced by the CBC gauarentees that there will be more sympathy and truth.
In our current atmosphere you are at risk of being labled racist if you produced a show that put the vocal minorities in a bad light no matter how much evidence supports it.

I'll give CBC credit when due which is seldom. Their hour on the NRA wasn't hugely biased and they didn't end it preaching. I thought it did a good job of showing just how lobbying and money have influenced politics in that scenario.
Old 09-14-2020, 12:33 AM

I believe I saw this on an AC int’l flight a yr or so ago, if it is the same documentary.
And yes, tragic, unfortunate that there was loss of life.
Near the end of the show was a discussion between the sis or cousin and an elder.
He must have been an honorary elder because he didn’t look native.
He said it was tragic but the kids shouldn’t have been there and put the landowner in that position.
I do recall that and I was glad that it remained in the film and not edited out.
Shows at least there was some sense of logic re the circumstances from a family member.
Again, assuming this is the same documentary.

TBark
Old 09-14-2020, 07:16 AM

Insanity..Gerald Stanley was more than 150% justified.
Old 09-14-2020, 07:20 AM

This documentary is just another attempt to further divide Canadians using propaganda. That is why the liberals are funding the CBC.
Old 09-14-2020, 01:17 PM

I watched it last night, it’s on YouTube if anyone wants to see it. It was as expected very biased and there were some things that were purely untrue. It made me boil a bit and I nearly shut it off but then told myself that I knew it would be this way and I’ll just watch it and let it play out.

Very curious that they show none of the forensic evidence such as the bulged shell casing which proved the gun fired out of battery and proved that Boushie’s death was an accident.
Old 09-14-2020, 09:37 PM

Produced by CBC. That right there is reason enough for me not to bother wasting my time.
Old 09-14-2020, 09:50 PM

Default Colton Bushie

Stanley did the right thing. My 30 wcf is under my bed and ready to protect my family and belongings as well and I don't care what race the person is, I will shoot. If you want to make a life out of crime you deserve to get shot..
Old 09-14-2020, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270person View Post
Every person that gets killed by police or another low-life is the sweetest guy, shirt off the back type it seems. It's uncanny
Its a huge part of police training

They seek and find great people who turn their lives around, and put them under surveillance. 24/7

And THE MINUTE they see that person unbuttoning their shirt in an attempt to give it to someone, they pull the trigger.......

In short, only the "good" die young

Keep your shirt, stop turning your life around....it's a death sentence!!!!

Oh, and have at least ONE picture of yourself in a rented suit, or holding a puppy or something. It will come in handy when media asks your mom (cause your dad is "unavailable") to hold it up and look sad so they can put your stupid picture in the paper

Respect to all the dead maggots whos media pic is one of them flashing a gang gesture, or holding a glock airsoft gun, or a stack of $5 bills like a real playa........stay real in the afterlife

Last edited by huntinstuff; 09-14-2020 at 10:28 PM.
Old 09-15-2020, 08:16 AM
Shooting Xs

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinstuff View Post
Its a huge part of police training

They seek and find great people who turn their lives around, and put them under surveillance. 24/7

And THE MINUTE they see that person unbuttoning their shirt in an attempt to give it to someone, they pull the trigger.......

In short, only the "good" die young

Keep your shirt, stop turning your life around....it's a death sentence!!!!

Oh, and have at least ONE picture of yourself in a rented suit, or holding a puppy or something. It will come in handy when media asks your mom (cause your dad is "unavailable") to hold it up and look sad so they can put your stupid picture in the paper

Respect to all the dead maggots whos media pic is one of them flashing a gang gesture, or holding a glock airsoft gun, or a stack of $5 bills like a real playa........stay real in the afterlife
Thanks,
I had to wipe off my computer desk and keyboard from the sarcasm dripping.....
Well said though,worth the wipes.