Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 09-15-2020, 08:17 AM

Anyone have a link? There’s lots of videos on him.
Old 09-15-2020, 08:22 AM

https://youtu.be/W2votrF717I
Old 09-15-2020, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
I haven't seen it, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Colton is portrayed as a wonderful loving guy, who was murdered by a white man, and there was no 'justice' in court because, Racism.

And I don't have the strength left in my soul to entertain that narrative of lies for even a second.

If Colton had been sober that day, working at a paying job somewhere, there is a 100% probability that Gerald Stanley would not have left his work, on his land, with his family, and tracked Colton down to kill him.

Maybe his mom should have raised him better and he wouldn't have got killed in the midst of his crime spree.

Flame away.
Well said!
Old 09-15-2020, 09:49 AM

You guys just don't understand, he was as they say in the south, just a good old boy. He was mischeivious. A farmer can afford a little theft from a good old boy.

Thomas Sowell
Old 09-15-2020, 10:12 AM

For those that wish to donate this is the 5th fund raiser for the family

https://www.gofundme.com/f/justice4colten

Old 09-15-2020, 10:22 AM

^ Lol.
Old 09-15-2020, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwoods View Post
Anyone have a link? There’s lots of videos on him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
It never ceases to amaze me that there are people out there willing to take the vilest character and turn him into a poor misguided soul, deserving our sympathy.
I agree with Grizz that everyone remembers the person in question as a good person who did nothing but positive things for others. It is unfortunate that people cannot be objective about their loved ones, but that's the way that it is.

I have read a couple of accounts that Boushie did not have a criminal record, although that is not the case for his friends. Does anyone know for sure?

Link to the movie: https://www.nfb.ca/film/nipawistamas...will-stand-up/. I plan to watch it tonight.
Old 09-15-2020, 11:55 AM

Just watched it. I don't see how the racism card is pulled here. The juror selection is the same for everyone as far as I understand it. The film did not focus on Gerald's side at all with exception to the adoptive grampa at the end- he had a decent, balanced opinion. Gerald was in fear of his families well-being. That wasn't even mentioned as it didn't fit the narrative. Flip the script with white guys doing what these first nations were doing and vice versa and it would be a way lesser in the news- but not a "racist" event.

At the end of the day, it's really sad to see a young man lose his life in a very preventable manner. However, by the family not holding those young men and women accountable for their actions that night, this script may just play out over and over again. I can't see a magic "hangfire" being the culprit, however I don't think Gerald intended to execute Colten. There was reasonable doubt however so he walked- a measure exacted to all Canadians and First Nations alike.

Another issue missing from this doc was the response time from RCMP in rural areas. The family said he should have picked up a phone, not a gun. If I am protecting my family from domestic terrorists, sure a phone call would happen, but securing my family will be my first priority. The RCMP fails miserably protecting rural areas. That is a tough area to fix though as we are pretty darn spread out here in the west.

Last comment is that "things" are never worth protecting with lethal force. Things can be bought back, life cannot. I watch a lot of "active self protection" videos on YouTube. A lot of folks die frequently protecting a purse or a cell phone. Not worth it. In the heat of the moment I cannot speak for what Gerald went through, but cannot imagine it was fun, nor did he ask for that to happen that night.

Sucky all the way around
Old 09-15-2020, 12:22 PM

"The family said he should have picked up a phone, not a gun. "

The RCMP were already notified by the lady at the farm where they broke the .22 breaking into a truck, the tire was damaged by the felons fleeing from that scene.

Little good that did with a 30 Min. response time
Old 09-15-2020, 12:44 PM

No loss. Liberal media (bought and paid for) divisive reporting.
Old 09-15-2020, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat119 View Post
"The family said he should have picked up a phone, not a gun. "

The RCMP were already notified by the lady at the farm where they broke the .22 breaking into a truck, the tire was damaged by the felons fleeing from that scene.

Little good that did with a 30 Min. response time
Yes and the doc made mention that Gerald was known in the area to fix up vehicles, insinuating that they might have been there looking for repairs lol
Old 09-16-2020, 09:02 PM

I can't seem to find out much about the hang fire scenario. The media just dismiss it yet the cartridge shows it fired

halfway out of the chamber in a position where the hammer could not have hit it. I read that Stanley had told police that the slide was back and barrel sticking out as if unloaded when he approached the vehicle. Could a round halfway out the chamber cause this? I never see any discussion over it
Old 09-16-2020, 09:59 PM

Misalignment blamed for cartridge bulge, expert says at Stanley trial; gun fired fine during tests

https://saskatoon.ctvnews.ca/misalig...ests-1.3787966
Old 09-16-2020, 11:09 PM

Something was amiss on the fatal shot that killed Boushie, we all know that a properly functioning firearm does not produce spent shell casings like that.

That’s what left the “reasonable doubt” which acquitted Stanley.

In my mind at least.
Old 09-16-2020, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tool View Post
Something was amiss on the fatal shot that killed Boushie, we all know that a properly functioning firearm does not produce spent shell casings like that.

That’s what left the “reasonable doubt” which acquitted Stanley.

In my mind at least.
100% agree.

If you read the trial transcripts Gerald said that he fired three shots in the air but it only fired twice. In the heat of the moment he looked and saw the barrel sticking out (and I think he dropped the mag) as he believed it was unloaded. He approached the vehicle and reached inside to put it in park when the pistol went off. The bulged case could've only resulted in firing out of battery. It was the crux of the case. To purposely replicate that as your defense when Colton had a loaded firearm between his legs shows me Gerald was telling 100% truth. If he intentionally had shot Boushie, he could've said Boushie was drawing on him. The scapegoat was right there, but Gerald told as story that was true; as unlucky as it was.