Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 12-22-2012, 01:43 AM

The possession limit is 15 perch not just in your pail but total in your freezer and those guys that go out day after day and catch 15 to take home shame on you! You can't tell me these guys are going home and eating perch every night so they can go catch more the next day. They are stock piling them and breaking the law. Fish and wildlife need to take plates and investigate freezers at random
Old 12-22-2012, 08:22 AM

Show me a judge who's going to issue a warrant so the cops can enter someone's house to check a freezer for fish.
Old 12-22-2012, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by italk2u View Post
Show me a judge who's going to issue a warrant so the cops can enter someone's house to check a freezer for fish.
Happened in cold lake, somewhere around 40 trout in his freezer
Old 12-22-2012, 08:54 AM

I've never heard of this lake before. I can't wait to go up there with 20 friends, drill 300 holes and everyone limit out. Thanks for posting about this lake. I'm going to fuel up right now.
Old 12-22-2012, 09:13 AM

Loser, why would you post something like that??

Last edited by bingo1010; 12-22-2012 at 09:18 AM.
Old 12-22-2012, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bingo1010 View Post
Loser, why would you post something like that??

It's simple....fisherman are our fisheries worst demise. Attitude show's that since its legal in the reg's that its perfectly fine. Our regs are backwards in Alberta, and usually when action needs to be taken they are only about 2-3 yrs too late in changing them.
Old 12-22-2012, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmag View Post
It's simple....fisherman are our fisheries worst demise. Attitude show's that since its legal in the reg's that its perfectly fine. Our regs are backwards in Alberta, and usually when action needs to be taken they are only about 2-3 yrs too late in changing them.
Yup exactly what you said.....I 100% agree.

LC
Old 12-22-2012, 10:46 AM

I agree shmag.
Old 12-22-2012, 11:20 AM

Funny how the big city people get blamed when a lake like this gets fished out. The locals have nothing to do with it, right! The lake is only 4 or more hrs north of Edmonton. 2X tanks of fuel = $200.00 or more for 15 perch, dont forget the 8 hrs or more driving from and to Edmonton. Total trip = $300.00 or more, including snacks and food.

Gonna get me a 16" perch.
Old 12-22-2012, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim473 View Post
Funny how the big city people get blamed when a lake like this gets fished out. The locals have nothing to do with it, right! The lake is only 4 or more hrs north of Edmonton. 2X tanks of fuel = $200.00 or more for 15 perch, dont forget the 8 hrs or more driving from and to Edmonton. Total trip = $300.00 or more, including snacks and food.
X2
Old 12-22-2012, 08:02 PM

If they had a toll booth on that cutline, it would bring in more cash than the one on the Coquihalla did..... And some guys would have needed a seasons pass.
Old 12-23-2012, 04:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Pike Man View Post
I've never heard of this lake before. I can't wait to go up there with 20 friends, drill 300 holes and everyone limit out. Thanks for posting about this lake. I'm going to fuel up right now.
Nah,, you and yer buds better stay where you can see the city lights,, probly just get up here and get scared and lost anyways...
Old 12-23-2012, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxeMan View Post
If they had a toll booth on that cutline, it would bring in more cash than the one on the Coquihalla did..... And some guys would have needed a seasons pass.
If I were a fish cop I know where I would be sitting in the afternoons!
Old 12-23-2012, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim473 View Post
HAHAha I like, so true.
Old 12-26-2012, 05:15 AM

Me and my buddie just hit it last three days on skidoos. lots of overflow lots of snow compared to LLB. They are picky...they eat well...every hole brought up lots of shrimp Little Piggies.

Now as too all the name calling and finger pointing. C'mon eaze up a bit. If a guy and his family wants to spend the coin and the day to come enjoy them selfs for a day and maby take home some real nice fish. IF you catch.. Giver... How many times have i gone hunting fishing and spent a buttload of cash to get skunked but hey I had a good time.
Old 12-26-2012, 05:28 AM

Heard there's about 6" of flood water. This lake was really good three years ago, you'd see one, two maybe three trucks. There's lots of small lakes like this around pinhurst. People who flock everyone else like seagulls ought to be ashamed of yourselves for ever mentioning this lake on this forum.

Sammy Boy
Old 12-26-2012, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Happened to an old guy that fished Maligne Lake. Caught with hundreds of trout in freezer.
Old 12-26-2012, 11:15 AM

lol nobodys asked so im gonna wheres a good spot my friend brought his kids and is there now I honestly doubt hell keep anything anyway pm me a good xmas gift for him if ya could please and thanks I know a nice lake not too far that ill share back
Old 12-26-2012, 01:46 PM
Banned

Lol,,, it's working perfectly,, everyone is so pre occupied with this little lake they are leaving the others alone..

People are to easy...
Old 12-26-2012, 02:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Happened to a scumbag in Delta BC, the POS was observed retaining an approximately 4 foot long white sturgeon out of the Fraser river in Delta BC, he was followed home and a search of his property revealed that 2 additional whole white sturgeon were discovered in his freezer along with an illegal marijuana growop found in the evil geniuses basement...

On a positive note it was said the frozen sturgeon were thawed and miraculously survived their ordeal and were later released back into the river along with sturgeon that was poached as the authorities observed his deplorable acts.
Old 12-27-2012, 09:08 PM
Banned

The boy sent me these today,, he was running around the woods today,, you know on one of those little lakes everyone drives by on their way to Wiau lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5932.jpg (75.0 KB, 163 views)
Old 12-27-2012, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walleyes View Post
The boy sent me these today,, he was running around the woods today,, you know on one of those little lakes everyone drives by on their way to Wiau lol
nice fish
Old 12-27-2012, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walleyes View Post
Those are perch are HONEY'S, lol.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:55 PM

Default Wiau Fishermen

Wiau fishermen in a few months....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wiau.jpg (42.3 KB, 97 views)
Old 12-27-2012, 11:32 PM

nice fish, bet they tasted good,
Old 12-28-2012, 01:38 AM

This thread is pathetic. You guys are supposed to be adults but yet your arguing like a bunch of 10 year olds in a play ground. You guys should be embarrassed by this. And what kind of example does it set for the younger readers on this forum. People seem to forget that when you point a finger at someone there are three pointing back. Come on guys act your age and set the right example for the younger generation.

Andy
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
Old 12-28-2012, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul C View Post
Wiau fishermen in a few months....
Are you kidding?! This is how it was out there yesterday!!

Time, it makes you old. Experience makes you wise. It's only a fool who judges life by what he sees in other peoples' eyes.
- Strung Out

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams