Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 09-20-2012, 08:16 AM

Default Pick up your Trash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep View Post
Its the curse of today...so many that have others picking up after them. I find moving trash necessary whenever I camp or fish, sadly too many uncaring sods.
X2 The worse fishin line to leave around is the braided line because it is so hard to break. The other plastic that wild life seems to get caught in is the plastic holder used to hold a six pack of beer or pop together.
Old 09-20-2012, 09:01 AM

Ever notice on packaging of line is asks you to recycle your line? Anyone know of a place that takes it back? I read some on here said to stuff it in a water bottle, does that work? Will they take it back? I just put mine in my trash, but if it could be recycled that would be better.
Old 09-20-2012, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul C View Post
Here is a pic of an injured goose that was in the Wildlife Rehab after its leg was tangled in fishing line. The bird made a full recovery. Last week I stopped by legends and there was garbage all over the place. Not sure what happened to
the drum that was there. I would like people pick up there garbage.
The barrel is gone from Legends? I haven't been down there for a looooooong time but there used to be 2 of them at one point.

Not that it stopped people from tossing their crap all over the place anyway...

Time, it makes you old. Experience makes you wise. It's only a fool who judges life by what he sees in other peoples' eyes.
- Strung Out

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams
Old 09-20-2012, 12:39 PM

Thumbs down Legends Litter Landing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezle View Post
The barrel is gone from Legends? I haven't been down there for a looooooong time but there used to be 2 of them at one point.

Not that it stopped people from tossing their crap all over the place anyway...
They have dug a hole in the ground to have fires in. The one barrel was tied to the f&W warning sign but is gone now. Lots of traffic down there because there is so much litter on the ground.
Old 09-22-2012, 10:53 AM

It's a shame to see all that line laying around especially when there are usually garbage cans near the entrance or parking lot. One thing my uncle always taught me when he took me fishing, was to take not only your own garbage, but any other garbage you see. Thanks for helping to keep our lakes and area clean!!
Old 09-22-2012, 07:53 PM

I think everything has been already said about this. All I'll say is good job for picking up that line.
Old 09-23-2012, 12:28 PM

That's way to much line to be getting snagged. Lazy ****ers.
Old 09-23-2012, 03:10 PM

Was out at jackfish lake Saturday, and right across from the boat launch my motor sounded strange. Pulled it out of the water low and behold my news motor will barely go as there was about 60 ft of fishing line wrapped around my propeller and wedged into the shaft. I took it all out on the lake and tossed it in the garbage when i got back to shore.
Old 09-23-2012, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul C View Post
They have dug a hole in the ground to have fires in. The one barrel was tied to the f&W warning sign but is gone now. Lots of traffic down there because there is so much litter on the ground.
Hi Paul , i brought both barrells down there and even locked one of them with a chain.The sign and pole went missing for some reason
Old 09-23-2012, 06:34 PM

I caught a pike in little bow park a couple years back that swallowed discarded line. line was in its stomach, as well as out its mouth and in its gills. This likely prevented it from eating properly.
Old 09-23-2012, 07:33 PM

Thumbs down Lurkers eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ÜberFly View Post
I wouldn't go as far as to say that!!! Most members on here are lurkers that you never hear from!! The people you do hear from are usually the ethical the ones , the ones who you never hear from who knows??????????
Wow... This forum never ceases to surprise me with generalized, speculative comments such as this. When I post something I try to make sure it is relevant and I have found getting into ethical issues such as pro and con fish retention leads to elitists getting their fancy 400 $ Simms waders in a knot. I am also not here to give every dick and harry that has access to the Internet my 35 years of knowledge hunting and fishing Alberta.

Who Knows?????? Maybe I'm a pedophile or bomb maker!