Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-10-2019, 03:04 PM

Default Walking Dead

So, new Walking Dead season starts tonight. Season 9.5? Season 10? Whatever.
Not anticipating an award-winning script. This series is getting lamer and lamer. Not sure why I keep watching, maybe because I've watched it from the start, faithfully.
Can still remember when they called it "The best series on television". I think the best evidence that this show is slipping fast is the recent previews for the next premier comes with the lame tout of "One of the best series on television".
In a world where nearly everything you buy is a new and improved version of last year's model, how is a TV series able to offer a lamer, more watered-down continuation of what came before? The writers are lazy. I'm just waiting for the animated version to come out, made in Asia.
Old 02-10-2019, 03:37 PM

Ratings are slipping due to killing off or losing original cast members. In my opinion. BEL
Old 02-10-2019, 04:14 PM

The episodes keep piling up on my DVR, and I keep not watching them.
I'm not sure if it's the show, or my attention span.
I recorded the last season of hell on wheels, and maybe watched one episode.
Old 02-10-2019, 05:09 PM

I have watched them all to this point, but think it is time to bail...

It boggles me mind how they keep and concentrate story lines on many of the non-descript boring characters. I really just wanna watch Darryl, Carol, Michone, Rick, and Carl... wish Beth, Glen, and the Ginger guy had never died.
Old 02-10-2019, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattthegorby View Post
I have watched them all to this point, but think it is time to bail...

It boggles me mind how they keep and concentrate story lines on many of the non-descript boring characters. I really just wanna watch Darryl, Carol, Michone, Rick, and Carl... wish Beth, Glen, and the Ginger guy had never died.
The latest rumours I heard is that they are going to merge two shows together -the walking dead and Fear the walking dead.
That might give it an “extra”life.
Old 02-10-2019, 08:28 PM

I was thinking about this.
The premise of the show is appealing, but the zombie apocalypse story line totally changes as time goes on.
"The world just newly went to crap, and now we can do anything" is a completely different show from "Let's plant gardens, and form a government"
I really enjoyed "Fear the walking dead" when it first came out, but find that one tedious now too (still have about half a season to watch).
They should probably cut their losses, and start over at the beginning with a new crew of people in a different place. I think that's probably what people want.
Old 02-11-2019, 12:06 AM
Banned

Stopped watching from Season 6
Old 02-11-2019, 08:16 AM
Banned

I stopped after they killed Glenn. Almost (should have) stopped after the Terminus slaughterhouse episode. Too dark for me.
Old 02-11-2019, 08:39 AM

I watched Faithfully for about 6 years haven't seen the last few years
Old 02-11-2019, 08:50 AM

I watched Season 1, figured it was going to be just more of the same (infighting among the humans while doing stupid stuff to increase their chances of zombie attack to make it more "interesting" while slowly killing them off), confirmed this on Wiki, and stopped watching.
Old 02-11-2019, 03:03 PM

Been watching the show from the beginning. Still beats The Real Housewifes or Kardashians....
Old 02-11-2019, 04:29 PM

Default WD

I watched it last night after not watching for a couple of seasons.

It wasn't too bad, the newest enemy group looks like they may be interesting.
Old 02-11-2019, 04:49 PM

Why did the rick guy quit?
Old 02-11-2019, 05:28 PM

Binged watched the last season. So much not plausible. Best part was seeing greasy haired guy spear an instantly dead rainbow trout.

I say if walking backwards in a dry forest a zombie can sneak up on you...you deserve to die.

Plus. No one ever thought of making clothing out of ripstop nylon?
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 02-11-2019, 06:03 PM

I liked the show, quite entertaining in the first seasons. Kept you on your seat and wanting more. Could really believe this is how it would be. Then lost interest. Not sure why, maybe after the some of the main characters started getting killed. Pretty sure I will binge watch it on Netfix one weekend to catch up.
Old 02-12-2019, 06:36 AM

Hello, unfortunately I full agree . I have started watching this series because of name Frank Darabont - director of Green Mile and The Shawshank Redemption. The first three or four (I think) seasons were really good and sort of original but than the plot of next seasons started falling in the same routine and I still couldnt care about any of main character... Shame.
Old 02-12-2019, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEL View Post
Ratings are slipping due to killing off or losing original cast members. In my opinion. BEL
Killing off Karl was the last straw for me.
Old 02-12-2019, 01:25 PM

I stopped watching when the Zombie became props and the greatest concern became other humans, now they just side step zombies...
Old 02-12-2019, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
Why did the rick guy quit?
Andrew Lincoln is returning to The Walking Dead universe as Rick Grimes in three spin-off movies. The Walking Dead’s Chief Content Officer Scott Gimple officially announced the news on Talking Dead following Andy’s last episode on the AMC drama. “This is not going to be the end of Rick Grimes’ story,” Gimple said. “We’re going to continue telling Rick Grimes’ story in a series of AMC original films. There’s a lot of story to tell.”

He added, “It’s going to show a different corner of the world. It’s going to show a different situation that Rick is involved in. These are going to be shown on AMC, but they are going to have the scope of featured films. “And we’re going to be seeing an epic story told over years,” Gimple said. Additionally, he said they would be creating several movies and series outside of Rick Grimes’ story, like specials and digital series. “You’re going to see characters that are dead and gone…we’re going to see different stories of future characters…we’re going to see all around the world. We’re going to see the past, the future…”
Old 02-12-2019, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGB View Post
The latest rumours I heard is that they are going to merge two shows together -the walking dead and Fear the walking dead.
That might give it an “extra”life.
Interesting to know. I will likely give it a go and see. Love the zombie dystopia thing.