Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-26-2009, 07:19 AM

Default !!!!!Swine Flu!!!!!!!

I am hearing some different reports on this, are we on the verge of a major pandemic

It sure seems to be spreading fast
Old 04-26-2009, 07:57 AM

Taken from another site...

Quote:
The media has grabbed on to another pandemic that is going to kill all of us. Only this time, and thankfully, it doesn't have feathers. Everyone look out for the SWINE FLU!!!!! http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/04/24/sw ... index.html

I'm hoarding my family into the bunker now, still have lots of bird flu vaccines as well as vaccines for SARS and West Nile. I'm also taking precautions and preparing for the day when feline flu strikes or canine flu or or equine flu or chlorophyll flu....
Old 04-26-2009, 08:00 AM

I propose we ban pigs...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Muppets-Kermit-Miss-Piggy_l.jpg (10.9 KB, 132 views)
Old 04-26-2009, 08:13 AM

Default Could be the big one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sQDhXDpKZI
Old 04-26-2009, 09:21 AM

I have been following this closely. Mainly because I am flying to the mayan riviara on friday. Its freaking me out. Things have moved fast so we will have to see where we stand later in the week. who knows how fast and far it will go. Maybe they won't even let us fly there by then. They are saying 10 people in new zealand have it. some more in new york, some in kansas now too. man those bugs move quick.
Old 04-26-2009, 09:34 AM

Get your zombie slayers ready, 'cause they're coming...
Old 04-29-2009, 02:36 PM
randyfromalberta

But where will all the Prostitutes go!!!!!
I think they should close down all Taco Bell's and them make "them run for the boarder" !!!

Last edited by randyfromalberta; 04-29-2009 at 02:37 PM. Reason: put in wrong place
Old 04-29-2009, 08:28 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantracker View Post
I am hearing some different reports on this, are we on the verge of a major pandemic

It sure seems to be spreading fast

BLAME OBAMA!!

It was once said that a black man would be president "when pigs fly". 100 days into Obama's presidency...Swine Flu!

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 04-29-2009, 09:30 PM

Default swine flu

We just got back from a wedding in Mexico, there were 55 of us there. We flew in and out of Cancun. We were at a resort outside Playa Del Carmen and nothing was said to us about this anywhere or anytime. If it wasn't for CNN we wouldn't have known anything was going on. When we got to the airport, the only people I saw wearing masks and rubber gloves were the 3 people cleaning the washrooms. I saw 2 tourists with masks and they were just around their necks, not on their faces at all. This was at noon on Sunday which is their busiest day of the week because most tour operators run Sunday to Sunday. Security was so relaxed that from check in to boarding nobody made us leave our open water bottles behind and they didn't take the 2 from my carry on either. Our only hassle was for being over the 20kg luggage restriction.
If it wasn't for bad news and pandemonium the media would be unemployed.
Consider this: Canada is apprx 10 million sq kms and has a population of 31 million people. Mexico City is apprx 1500 sq kms and has a population of over 18 million people. Let's see 160 deaths divided by 18 000 000 people is ........
This year in Canada alone we can expect 75 000 deaths from cancer, 100 to 150 deaths from C. Difficile, and 130 bicycle related deaths.
You better run for the hills and don't talk to or look at any cancer stricken bike riders who have not washed their hands!!!
Thanks to CNN and the like, we know the world is coming to an end and we are all going to die.....but nobody knows when.

Geo