Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-06-2018, 07:46 PM

Default To scope or not to scope SKS

I have been offered a Burris Fullfield II scope with rings for $100. It is going to replace my “god knows what” scope that came with my 308. I’ve used the 308 scope(3x9) and it’s a decent scope, not not half as good as the Burris. My only other rifle I have is an old trusty SKS. I am really leaning towards using the old scope on it. I would get the Kodiak rail from cabelas and switch com using stripper clips to installing a tapco sks magazine. So since the 100$ for the new scope (with rings) is quite a steal, i think I can justify 140$ on a rail and magazine. Before I proceed I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with scoping an sks (holding zero, accuracy between 100-175 yards, ease of scoping). I know a lot of people are against “bubba-ing” an sks, but mine was already painted in snow camo by the previous owner, so it’s not like it’s a historical relic or anything. Just thought I would see if anyone else who has tried adding a rail system to their sks has any words of wisdom for me. Thanks.

Tags
bubba, burris, scope, sks, tapco