Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 07-04-2022, 04:47 PM

Default Bow shop Red Deer

I live by Caroline and am kind of new to the area. Need some help with my bow so on my trip to Red Deer today I figured I would stop by Wolverine.

Well I dont get out much and most if not all of you know that there no longer open.

So my question is is there any bow shops between Rocky Mountain House, Red Deer and Sundre area?
Old 07-04-2022, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManitobaSlim View Post
I live by Caroline and am kind of new to the area. Need some help with my bow so on my trip to Red Deer today I figured I would stop by Wolverine.

Well I dont get out much and most if not all of you know that there no longer open.

So my question is is there any bow shops between Rocky Mountain House, Red Deer and Sundre area?
Justin at Tackle and Trails in Rocky has a bow press and can do work on it.

Im not sure if Swamp Donkey Outdoors in Sundre does bows.

I just go to Jimbows in Calgary for my needs.
Old 07-04-2022, 07:30 PM

Quote:

Wolverine doesn't work on bows anymore, no bow shops in Red Deer.

LC
Old 07-04-2022, 07:57 PM

Just curious what do you need done with your bow?
Old 07-04-2022, 08:10 PM

Bought my bow at jim bows and would definitely go there except its over an hour and a half drive.

Ok heres what happened. I paper tuned my bow and maxed out my rest to the right (LH bow) which gave me a perfect bullet hole. Now im hitting way right so i maxed out my sight to the right and im still not on target.

I dont know what to do next besides mount everything on the right side of the bow which i dont know would work.

Any input would be great.
Old 07-04-2022, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Bought my bow at jim bows and would definitely go there except its over an hour and a half drive.

Ok heres what happened. I paper tuned my bow and maxed out my rest to the right (LH bow) which gave me a perfect bullet hole. Now im hitting way right so i maxed out my sight to the right and im still not on target.

I dont know what to do next besides mount everything on the right side of the bow which i dont know would work.

What bow do you have?

Sounds like you need to adjust your rest… or your rest is moving on you. Are you shooting field tips or broadheads?

LC
Old 07-04-2022, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
What bow do you have?

Sounds like you need to adjust your rest… or your rest is moving on you. Are you shooting field tips or broadheads?

LC
Depending on the bow, would the move not be to swap shims or top hats and move the string and reset the rest back to centre shot? Having a rest maxed out either way would mean the string isn’t at centre shot?
Old 07-04-2022, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabeticKripple View Post
Depending on the bow, would the move not be to swap shims or top hats and move the string and reset the rest back to centre shot? Having a rest maxed out either way would mean the string isn’t at centre shot?
Something is way out of wack… one would never max the adjustment of the rest and sight in the same direction without something seriously wrong or some serious contact. Have to start back from ground zero.

LC
Old 07-04-2022, 11:40 PM

Quote:
I was thinking something like that but I am not skilled or knowledgeable to figure it out. I guess ill have to plan a trip to jim bows since thats where I bought it.
Old 07-05-2022, 12:14 AM

Quote:

I would second taking into tackle and trails, should be able to get you on the right track.

As LeftyCanuck stated you will have to start at ground zero. I would guess something was maybe a little out and now is very out due to chasing the wrong issue.

Been there before and can get frustrating. My old Hoyt for example seems to need a little bit of extra twist on one side of the top yolk or I get a stubborn left tear no matter what. I found it a bit of a pita to get that one figured out initially but piece of cake to tune now.
Old 07-06-2022, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OL_JR View Post
I would second taking into tackle and trails, should be able to get you on the right track.

As LeftyCanuck stated you will have to start at ground zero. I would guess something was maybe a little out and now is very out due to chasing the wrong issue.

Been there before and can get frustrating. My old Hoyt for example seems to need a little bit of extra twist on one side of the top yolk or I get a stubborn left tear no matter what. I found it a bit of a pita to get that one figured out initially but piece of cake to tune now.
Its good to know theres a shop within a 30 minute drive from me.

Thanks for the input everyone.
Old 07-28-2022, 08:40 AM

Quote:

Reg at Caroline Supplies doesn't provide that service anymore? He used to...
Old 07-29-2022, 04:25 AM

Quote:

My son used to be the Bow technition for Wolverine. If you still need some work done send me a PM and i will hook you up with him.
Old 07-29-2022, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springer View Post
My son used to be the Bow technition for Wolverine. If you still need some work done send me a PM and i will hook you up with him.
Does he have a press and draw board?

I was debating on buying my own so I can service my bow and any others for a small fee.
Old 07-29-2022, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Does he have a press and draw board?

I was debating on buying my own so I can service my bow and any others for a small fee.
I highly recommend investing in the tools to wrench on your own bow. If your into archery for the long haul it is a good investment. I live an hour and a bit from the closest bow shop and I hated to have to go into shops to adjust a peep or shim a cam.

So much information online for tutorials and I am sure a pile of knowledge here.