Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 04-06-2007, 02:52 PM
record pik

Default record pike

Just reading the thread on the new alberta record walleye. Where was the pike caught? Was it from twin valley like I was told? Just have not been able to pick up regs or a license yet.
Old 04-06-2007, 03:31 PM
stormy

(This message was left blank)
Old 04-06-2007, 09:14 PM
splitbrow

Default Pike

The Pike was caught by a guy out in Hinton. He caught it at fickle lake by edson through the ice. New world record Pike for ice fishing.

Split..
Old 04-06-2007, 09:46 PM
jrs

Default Re: Pike

"New world record Pike for ice fishing".

Would that be a line class kind of thing? I seem to remember this being said about a pike last year and it didn't pan out. Thats an awesome looking fish though! I already lost the set of regs i brought home otherwise i'd go peak at what the weight was again.
Old 04-07-2007, 12:41 AM
splitbrow

His was 33.5 if I rememeber right. (it was over 33). It was announced at local fish and game banquet that it was the new record. Not a line class thing, a through the ice thing.

Split...
Old 04-08-2007, 01:25 PM
RockyMtnx

We have a member of our club who caught a 44lb pike up north this past summer. It is offically our club record next step is get it accepted provincaly.
Old 04-08-2007, 03:06 PM
splitbrow

Default WOW...

Nice work, old record was 45 inches and 38lbs so he would have that beat.

Have to admit, 33 pounds through the ice is something pretty incredible though... obviously the new world record through the ice...

Split..
Old 04-08-2007, 08:39 PM
jrs

Default Re: WOW...

"Have to admit, 33 pounds through the ice is something pretty incredible though... obviously the new world record through the ice"

Split, which record keeping organization would this be? I was just looking around and it appears many bigger pike have been caught through the ice. I'm just interested because if 33lbs is a new record i've seen lots of incidences where guys should have got their fish weighed. Thats a huge pike none the less. Doubt i'll ever get one that big. Maybe when the next issues off all the outdoors mags makes the rounds more info will come up.
Old 04-08-2007, 10:09 PM
Tucumseh

Rocky, check out the new thread I just posted. Is this the pike you refer too?
Old 04-08-2007, 11:28 PM
splitbrow

It was announced at the Hinton F&G and it was in the paper. Not sure what record organization. Maybe give them a call or call Gerald and ask him, number should be in the book.

Split...
Old 04-09-2007, 10:04 AM
jrs

Thanks split. I'll see if anyone else has heard at our next Fish and Game Meeting. Appreciate the reply, Good fishing!
jrs
Old 04-09-2007, 11:11 AM
RockyMtnx

Hi Tuc
Nope this isnt the same one. Acctually a retired woman from Winfeld AB caught it. She is a memeber of the Millet F&G.
I will try to get some pictures.