Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 04-06-2007, 06:05 PM
Tournament Partner Wanted!

Default Tournament Partner Wanted!

Hey, Has anyone ever wanted to fish a Tournament? Well I have the perfect oppurtunity for someone! I want a partner for a tournament in june/every weeekend there is one! so take your pick! Please call me and we will discuss the arrangment and any questions you may have! I have the boat,camper,and whatever, so all you need is a rod and a desire to have some fun! Trevor@975-7708.
Old 04-06-2007, 06:56 PM
Winch101

Where are these tournaments ??????
Old 04-06-2007, 07:52 PM
What's the deal

Default What's the deal

What's the deal on expenses Trev. We splitting them or does the partner pay all like in the past????? Or maybe the cheque is in the mail??? Not much wonder you are advertising on a messageboard for a partner.
Old 04-06-2007, 08:40 PM
amycuz

Default Re: What's the deal

Ouch!
Old 04-06-2007, 08:56 PM
209x50cal

Trevor is still the only guy I've heard of who thinks his partner should pay all the expenses!
Old 04-06-2007, 08:59 PM
SnowRoad

(This message was left blank)
Old 04-07-2007, 01:00 AM
ok interested

Default ok interested

whats the deal then split the costs 65/35 because of ur gear. But im south of Calgary,.
Old 04-07-2007, 08:39 AM
No way

Default No way

The way you run you mouth around here walleyeca, I would be very surprised if you find a partner. Good luck with that.
Old 04-07-2007, 10:44 AM
Isnt it fair?

Default Isnt it fair?

I provide the boat! I provide the Transportation,and all i want is the partner to pay for the tournament and we half the rest! And we split the winnings 50/50! I really dont see why that is a problem guys! You all may have the boats and stuff Iam merely offering this to someone who does not have the equipment or oppurtunity to go and do these tournaments! Further more I have heard of at least 4-5 other tournament guys doing the same thing with there partners! Like cmon do you not have anything better to do than sit here and bash me like lets grow up a bit! Especially you ChrisK like your an adult now! and you are a prominant member of the fishing community! and when you say stuff like this and other bashings you do its no wonder that girl from west edmonton mall beat you up!Now GROW UP!
Old 04-07-2007, 01:17 PM
What's fair

Default What's fair

What's fair is when you make a deal up front and stick to it. Leaving someone holding the bag for all the bills is hardly fair. Speaking hypothetically of course. Funny you don't see any of the other "top" tournament guys on here advertising for partners. I wonder why that is. Sorry folks, don't mean to make anything personal here but be careful when getting into a partnership agreement with anyone to fish tournaments. Make sure you know them and don't end up paying more than your share and that they fish with the ethics that you do.
Old 04-07-2007, 01:34 PM
bigbore

Default Re: What's fair

hey chris, any updates on your site?
Old 04-07-2007, 04:55 PM
lilsundance

Default lol

walleye ca if u mess up one time on this websites they rub it in and attack u every 5 mins. They have nothing better to do but bitch at u. There just doing it to show off and annoy u.
Old 04-07-2007, 05:55 PM
lilsundance

Default Its official Im annoyed!

Yes you are right happy! These are adults acting like kids,I dont even know what chris is talkin about there but whatever! like hes better than me? Ok so offering this oppurtunity and being nice was not such a good idea! I never ceases to amaze me of the antics on here,As far as the bashing goes.
Old 04-07-2007, 09:20 PM
!

Default !

I think they just go searching around looking to start stuff
Old 04-07-2007, 10:37 PM
gunslinger

Default Re: !

is this whitetailer again, boy sure seems like this walleye ca guy has had some real battles and bad happening in the past, eveyr time he posts he gets bashed
Old 04-07-2007, 10:55 PM
huntercam

Default Re: !

WOW Trev

not a lot of supporters here?
Old 04-08-2007, 12:42 AM
Get it

Default Get it

You think he would get the hint and stop coming here. But no, I think he likes getting abused. Not even registered here either. Probably likes trolling around the boards in search of youths....too gross!
Old 04-08-2007, 12:49 AM
RyanGSP

Default Re: Get it

Quote:
Not even registered here either
This coming from a non-registered user.
Old 04-08-2007, 01:44 AM
happy perch fisher

Default how about u losers get a life and stop pesturing him

How about u guys f off the guy was just offering a someone a chance to go fishing and all he was asking was for them to spilt half the costs. They did the exact same thing to me they would go on a topic would write something on and start bashing me. There just a bunch of losers that have nothing better to do. There probably just jelious of those big perch u caught. I bet those guys zoom around the lake bugging everyone and as soon as they find someone thats catching they drop anchor right there and start fishing. Then the next day they go to same spot and drop anchor there and if anyone comes within 200 yards of them they tell them to get the f lost.>:
Old 04-08-2007, 09:54 AM
gunslinger

Default Re: lol

sounds like you found your partner walleyeca,,happy perch hunter, told us all to f off so i guess hes in.
Old 04-08-2007, 10:45 AM
kellyandbeth

Maybe the guy who said that the partner pays for everything, was because he got burned by him last year. Probably a reason for why things are said on here. People get ****ed off to easy when they dont know the whole story maybe. From what I got from it was one guy got burned and was just posting to help other people who may get burned as well.
Old 04-08-2007, 10:46 AM
Deano

What is the average cost for a tournament? I would also be interested in knowing what the other costs would be roughly.
Old 04-08-2007, 12:28 PM
huntercam

LOL hpf is back :rollin :rollin :lol
Old 04-08-2007, 05:16 PM
bigbore

Default Re: lol i was always around

HPF is back?? from where??

this thread makes me laugh:lol :lol :lol

Old 04-08-2007, 09:56 PM
Tournament costs

Default Tournament costs

Hey Deano:

Usually the tournaments run around the $300.00 dollar mark $150.00 each, here is what I usually spend on a NAWT trail tourney, bait $120.00 to $150.00, gas $150.00 to $200.00 boat only, split between 2 people. Then food and refreshments. I think Trevors deal is pretty good along as he holds his bargain and splits the rest of the expenses half/half. I know myself when it is rough my boat takes a beating, alot of wear and tear, and my partner isn't paying for that.
Old 04-08-2007, 09:57 PM
209x50cal

You have to understand there are many good reasons why so many people say bad things about Trevor. So far I haven't seen anything said that was untrue about him here.
The comparison the whitetailer is very good and made me laugh as it is so true in describing this guy.
Old 04-09-2007, 01:24 AM
I love fishing!

Default I love fishing!

Just love fishin guys,Who I ****ed off in the past? I dont know,but those who do know me and like me, know I am a genuine nice fella! I never did anything intentionally to ****,rip off,or bad mouth anyone! We are all human and we all make mistakes and we all cant please everyone! In question to the tournament costs the other guy was correct,$3-$325 for a tournament,bait $150 usually if your careful prefishing( lol) gas and diesel for boat and truck depends where the tournament is and what tournament it is! I run a 250hp so shes not cheap (choke!) then theres oil for the boat,camping,food,yadda yadda,These tournaments are not cheap to say the least! but there fun and a hell of a good chance for me to get away from the rigs and that makes me happy!!!!lol anyways to those who bad mouth me Im not quite sure why but,its time to get over it and do a little growing up! Im not a bad guy!
Old 04-09-2007, 01:27 AM
How do I register?

Default How do I register??

One more thing just so Im not steppin on anyones toes with the issue , can someone please tell me how do I register? I really thought I was apparently not! thanks guys.
Old 04-09-2007, 10:30 AM
Follow your own advi

Default Follow your own advice

"anyways to those who bad mouth me Im not quite sure why but,its time to get over it and do a little growing up! Im not a bad guy!"

Good advice walleye. Maybe you should think about fiollowing it on this board yourself. You might get a second chance then but from what I've seen, nothing has changed with you from the way you've always acted.
Old 04-09-2007, 11:45 AM
gunslinger

Default wow

OUCH--THATS SOUR.
i fish the tobin lake tournament nearly every year and yes it is expensive but once the bills are payed its alot of fun, first place out there is 50000$ so yup its competitve also.