Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 04-09-2007, 01:56 PM
happy perch fisher

Default that much for bait

lol how the hell u guys spend 150 dollars on bait the most i ever spent was like 18 dollars lol.
Old 04-09-2007, 02:00 PM
RyanGSP

Default Re: How do I register??

I agree HPF you may spend that the first time out because you need new jig tails or head or somthing but after that you can reuse it.
Old 04-09-2007, 02:03 PM
happy perch fisher

Default Re: Follow your own advice

Lol i thought u where talking about leaches and minnows and other stuff like that i did'nt know u where talking about eqiupment lol i spend aleat 400-500 a year some years alot more.
Old 04-09-2007, 03:52 PM
FiveO

Default Re: wow

Stick to the topic. The guys asking for a partner not a bashing. Hell if he has all the gear and someone doesnt but they would like to fish a tournament sounds like a cheap way to go. For those of you bashing why not then just shell out the $35+ for the boat, 50+ for truck and camper and go on your own.
Old 04-09-2007, 05:26 PM
$35,000 for the bo

Default $35,000 for the boat I wish! lol

Thanks five O some people just dont understand the money that is involved,I dont have no rich daddy or sponsorships! I foot the bill on my own (thank you OILPATCH!)lol
Old 04-09-2007, 09:51 PM
Bait

Default Bait

When I said $150.00 for bait that is for 2 days pre-fish and 2 days tourney fishing, $18.00 of bait would last about 1 hour if the walleye start hammering, unless I'am buying my bait at the wrong place? I usually take 2 1/2 pounds leeches, 6 tubs minnows, 2 trays of worms. If I didn't have a boat I would gladly pay the partners entry with the boat for a derby, now that I fished walleye derby's and see what my boat has gone through, as long as expenses and winnings are split.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:19 AM
Not the issue

Default Not the issue

Five0 I've got no problem with a guy making whatever deal he makes about fishing tournaments, I just want him to stick to the deal not get left holding the bag for all the bills that's all I'm saying. I'm saying know who you are getting into a boat with and how reputable they are. I'm saying that there's likely a reason a guy is advertising on a messageboard for a tournament partner when his reputation is well known in on the circuit. If he was a standup guy with a good reputation I'm sure there would be lots of guys wanting to fish with him. I'm sure his old partners would want to fish with him again if he was a stand up guy. I can see a guy needing a partner for the occasional tournament but for them all. I'm not bashing at all and not directing this at anyone...it's just some friendly advice from a guy that been there and done that.
Old 04-10-2007, 07:50 AM
gunslinger

Default enough is enough

jees this is ridiculas i cant belive that walleyeca is letting you talk about him like this, boy oh boy, the guy might of made a mistake in the past but he admitted to it and nobody is perfect here.
the guy is looking for a partner and says he will go 50-50 on the bills, surely you know who this guy is that bashing you every post, either tell us what happened or go shut this guy up once and for all, with a boat like that i can see how the bills woudl get up there for fuel, but if your gonna tourney fish then thats the ride you want for sure, first guy to the hole cathces first fish.
Old 04-10-2007, 07:54 AM
gopherslayer

Default Walleyes

Follow this link

ezboard.com/forms/global_...gister.php

Fill out info and follow the directions and you should be set to go
Old 04-10-2007, 10:27 AM
eyes4fun

Default Re: arrrgh!

Hey Gopherslayer, 4 words, HIS TIME WILL COME! He has been bashin me since the day he met me on wabamun lake,yelling profanities across the lake about my junky fishfinder, that his was state of the art! and so so much more,he has cause me so much hassle and grief, He has a big mouth, I know he has been schooled before and it will happen again! I just refuse to be part of his antics! This post was to look for a partner for a tournament, I have a regular partner of whom Ive fished with for 3 years now and we get along fine! he just cant make a couple this year,I am only fishing a few tournaments, I just thought it would be a nice experience for someone! We are ADULTS! some of us still need to grow up!
Old 04-10-2007, 01:14 PM
Winch101

Boy this must be some of that post Oiler stress , we keep reading about in tha Calgary Sun ... Us southern guys can
just " Feel the LOve Brother " ......

There is just one thing you left out ....

" who sprung for the Bologna Sandwiches "
:lol
Old 04-10-2007, 01:52 PM
gopherslayer

Default errrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Sure thing...whatever eyes....I'm not sure what is going on between you two and I honestly don't care. I seen Walleyes ask about how to get an account and I showed him since I'm one of the "anti non registered members" people.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:13 PM
gofferslayer

Default gofferslayer

"I'm one of the "anti non registered members" people".That is not all you are:rolleyes i dont see the big deal he is looking for a partner so what .
Old 04-10-2007, 03:38 PM
gopherslayer

Default yep

Quote:
That is not all you are
I know. I also am educated enough to know how to quote people on a board. Thank you for the compliment.

BTW..I have yet to say ANYTHING about the tourny or a partner...like I said before...not my concern. I was just showing him where to sign up, since he asked how too.
Old 04-10-2007, 03:40 PM
gopherslayer

Default gofferslayer LOL

I think you were looking for "gooferslayer" but nice try
Old 04-10-2007, 03:41 PM
walleyes

Quote:
I seen Walleyes ask about how to get an account
No you never told walleyes about it please don't get me confused with the person in question,,, THX
Old 04-10-2007, 04:06 PM
Gop

Default Gop

"I think you were looking for "gooferslayer" but nice try "Dont tell me what i am looking for .>: >: >: >:
Old 04-10-2007, 04:59 PM
yep

Default yep

:lol :lol :lol :rollin :rollin :rollin ........ unreal....
Old 04-10-2007, 05:56 PM
lilsundance

Default Re: yep

unreal is right. Some of you need to take a time out.